New Mutants New Mutants News and Discussion - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collider has confirmed that they may add 2 new characters to the overall plot, not just cameos. And there are Boone/Fox creative difference indeed. Damm. I knew it

That sucks!! :csad::cmad:

Damn. Slugzilla was right. The studio displeased with what Boone did. Creative differences. Let's see if it really is X-23 they're adding.

He then said Collosus wasn’t in anymore.
That's still a minor misstep because he was initially right about Colossus being added in, he was right about Boone having a falling out with Fox too over creative differences.

The guy Is legit

Collider has confirmed that they may add 2 new characters to the overall plot, not just cameos. And there are Boone/Fox creative difference indeed. Damm. I knew it

Sounds more like rumors than confirmation.

Sounds more like rumors than confirmation.

who would confirm it? Fox? a producer? none from the studio will confirm the differences. This stuff is always inside word and little leaks here and there.

Should we remember F4 case and all the trouble between Trank and Fox and crew? or Singer in Bohemian Rapsody? or "all the chaos" in XMEn apocalypse according to the cast? lol. This Boone/Fox issue is more of the same in my book. And who's the common factor?

Fox. and Kinberg likely.

That's still a minor misstep because he was initially right about Colossus being added in, he was right about Boone having a falling out with Fox too over creative differences.

The guy Is legit

He also said that the movie was a complete cluster****... which the Collider video indicates it wasn't, just that it wasn't good enough.

Honestly, the guy may be legit, he still may not but like I've said before, I've sensed that slugzilla's view of this movie is impaired by the dislike he has for Josh Boone.

havent you read Kinberg and other producers interviews and this latest talk of Fox wanting each movie to be so different from each other?
Im surprised Im one of the few who think this is mostly a producers/Fox thing, doing New mutants in a completely different way than the comics. Boone is the actual fan, not Fox, and Fox producers have mentioned Deadpool and Logan over and over after their success in their new approach to the spinoffs. Kinberg and co. probably didnt want a spinoff looking like a X-Men movie. That would have happened if this had the NM in the mansion, with Charles Xavier, using costumes and seeing a lot of action and superpowers and destruction.

So I dont really buy this whole "horror movie" approach being just a Boone pitch (even if he is a horror fan).

Red Dawn remake starring Chris Hemsworth. Started shooting way back in 2009. Looked like it would get a 2011 release. MGM bankruptcy caused it to get delayed to 2012. Also had to change the villains in the film from Chinese invaders to Korean. Film also bombed.

Red Dawn was the movie I was thinking of that delayed a long time (was essentially shelved) before finally getting a release date.

There's always been talk that Disney would like this movie to be on their streaming network. I could certainly see that if the movie has been completed but not released. On the other hand, I also don't believe Disney can interfere with Fox's actions until the merger is complete. I know that's been widely reported.

I never said all of his stuff was false. I don’t but the Anna Taylor Joy stuff at all!

He also said that the movie was a complete cluster****... which the Collider video indicates it wasn't, just that it wasn't good enough.

They said there was a lot of creative difference between the Studio and the director. And the Boone still thinks his vision is the best. Now they are reshooting 50% of the movie. I think it's much more than just "the movie was not good enough".

It sounds too similar to Fant4stic to be honest.

How can there be so much creative differences after this movie is shot? Did FOX not read the script?

great question.
Apparently they didnt read all the pages or something :whatever:
and Kinberg didnt realize exactly what tone Boone's script had at all while reading. Kinberg was busy writing Dark Phoenix I guess (well, one of the multiple script versions he wrote, because they were quite a few)

Honestly, the guy may be legit, he still may not but like I've said before, I've sensed that slugzilla's view of this movie is impaired by the dislike he has for Josh Boone.

I never got the idea that he though the movie was a clusterF, just that it had issues. Unless I didn't read back far enough.

I never got the idea that he though the movie was a clusterF, just that it had issues. Unless I didn't read back far enough.

What they said in Collider was that the movie was ok, but could be better, which aligned with previous reports about test screenings. What Slugzilla's been saying is that Josh Boone is like a WWE villain and the movie's complete crap, you can read through his history, but he pretty much said the reports about test screenings were false. If he is on the project - which he may be - then it's clear that this dude has a hate ***** for Josh Boone and that the movie may not be as bad as he's letting on.

Oh man, those NM posters looked great back in Mexico. and the trailer made some buzz, they should just release the director's original work now. I find that an original version usually turns out way better than an edited one. (sigh) Put it in theaters now! Maisie Williams and Anya Taylor Johnson? Are you eFfing kidDing me?

Red Dawn was the movie I was thinking of that delayed a long time (was essentially shelved) before finally getting a release date.

There's always been talk that Disney would like this movie to be on their streaming network. I could certainly see that if the movie has been completed but not released. On the other hand, I also don't believe Disney can interfere with Fox's actions until the merger is complete. I know that's been widely reported.
If it's a darker more adult movie, it won't go on the new Disney streaming service.

Why? Where are they going to put content like Alien and Die Hard, Hulu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"