• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

New Mutants New Mutants News and Discussion - Part 2

I will talk about this in the future.
all Im gonna say this year is that Kinberg f***d up a lot of ideas Boone had planned for this movie. Thats all Im saying until I see the end result (if...... we see it)

I just read an article on that Cosmicbooknews site (they put a lot of wild rumors on there just to forewarn but I find them fun to read regardless but require due cross referencing of course) linking to a user on Twitter as well concerning test screenings.

There was a rumor swirling 2nd week of August after Disney's Fox denouncements over quarterly earnings (partially to do with fact everyone knows they were selling I'll bet) that Disney was looking to make a series out of them but after D23 just ended though I think that rumor can be put to rest. If anything, a lot of speculation going on about Disney's plans for the X-Men.

Overall, if Disney is just going to get positive reactions by deleting scenes I just think they should release it on streaming since we know we'll never see the deleted scenes otherwise then just like a lot of the Marvel Movies never show a lot scenes we know were shot yet never included on the Blu-Ray.

Last edited:
Fox didn't have faith in Boone and meddled is the impression I have (some on this site have indicated he can be personally polarizing from what I've read) but Kinberg I didn't hear of last I checked having anything to do with the movie (re-shoots never happening) but I know he was Fox's go-to jack-of-all trades when it came to their comic properties so I wouldn't be surprised if they sought his consult on this but would like to know more.

I remember reading a bunch of stuff about 8 months ago concerning alternate ideas or behind the scenes information pertaining to this film quite a bit but there's a lot of versions it seems that this film could've ended up as to the point I've lost track.

Only thing I can recall is someone claiming Fox had an awesome New Mutants plan originally and then blames Boone for ruining it on these boards and that Fox catered to this version as they didn't want to spend as much perhaps. Then of course, Fox uncomfortable with Boone's version and things altered then after poor test screenings they're going more the horror route by 1 rumor but also some reason to think this wasn't true and now this after re-shoots never happened...

Last edited:
Kinberg is the main producer of the franchise, of course he was involved with this movie, as with all movies (some more than others I guess). And since Boone is a new director on the franchise, Kinberg had a lot of meetings with him, on set, the main offices and the like, and during pre-production Kinberg visited the offices and turned down certain Boone plans/ideas. People from the crew didnt like Kinberg's attitude at all. Lets say Kinberg was clearly showing he had more power than Boone, so certain people didnt like it, because this was always Boone idea/movie, but Kinberg had to control the proccess, as Fox allowed it, as if he knew better than the actual talented directors (with better track record than him).

can u imagine?
"New Beings" in theatres April 2!
lol

Will this help us get an MCU reboot of the New Mutants down the line.

If this is the only shot of seeing TNM we are ever getting, then I want it to be at least decent. If Disney has plans, then I’m ok if they chop this up and put it on streaming.

I don't know why everyone keeps saying "dump it" on streaming.

There are contractual obligations to release this film in theaters. If Disney is test screening it and its coming back with positive feedback there's no reason to place this on streaming.

IF for some reason streaming does end up happening it wouldn't make sense to put it on Disney+ since that's where all MCU stuff is going. If it ends up there, then it would be expected that it will have MCU ties.

Hulu is not international yet and this film probably has the obligation to be released worldwide.

Remember, Disney is a company, not a fan. They will do what is financially best to make the most money.

It's not like studious haven't decided not to release a movie before. Then there's cost of doing so.

How realistic is that this sees the light of day? From what I've read the best hope seems to be a movie dropped on streaming with all the Fix references cut and no mcu references either?

Just thinking though. What if instead they got the actors back and made a Disney + series?

Turning this into a Disney+ series is extremely unlikely. As of right now, its biggest strength is that it's a low investment for Disney. A television series would need to hire a show runner and assemble the cast again when they're not under contract for anything else.

As far as how realistic this is that it sees the light of day, all we have to go on are rumors. Some of those rumors are that it has luke warm to mildly positive reviews, which would increase the chances. Other rumors suggest it's a lot more negative.

I could certainly see them doing a New Mutants show, but it would be a from-scratch project years down the road, unrelated to this dumpster fire.

Will they even call this the NEW Mutants or give it a different name completely? New implies there were already existing mutants. But if they've scrapped any reference to the X-Men series, then there can't be any mutants existing.

Unless they add in references to Mutant X and pretend they're the new ones in relation to them.

I think they'll call it New Mutants because it's what the original trailer said, it's part of a specific IP, and the public is aware of other mutant properties (I.E., X-Men) even if the movie doesn't reference it.

In siX months this would finally hits the theaters!
Yipee! :o

Will they even call this the NEW Mutants or give it a different name completely? New implies there were already existing mutants. But if they've scrapped any reference to the X-Men series, then there can't be any mutants existing.

Unless they add in references to Mutant X and pretend they're the new ones in relation to them.
Would Marvel would want to tarnish The New Mutants title with this film? Like they already have to undo the damage of Fant4stic and Dark PhoeniX since Marvel Studios are planning to reboot those two in film. Why include a third one even if we don't get a New Mutants reboot in the neXt 12 years. And even if this film come and go, and there are gonna be people that would remember this coming out in theaters.

If this is a direct to streaming/cable/Dvd affair, the title wouldn't be an issue to me. But do they want another flop Marvel movie at the boX office that they didn't even produce to begin with. Dump it to a streaming site, and they can avoid embarrassing boX office numbers/low DVD sales/low tv ratings for this film.

Last edited:
Fans care about the publicity related to box office returns. Disney cares about the money made from box office returns. Why would Disney choose less money just so people can't criticize it? Don't get me wrong, release on a streaming service would be great for me because I don't really want to have to pay for this, but I still think the smart financial decision is to release this in theaters.

Yeah because Dark PhoeniX made so much money in theaters, let them earn more cash by sending this to theaters as well, instead of a streaming site. Great business decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"