The Dark Knight New News On The Hong Kong Shoot.

Both stunts sound like they'd have been fun to see. Oh well.

They had a video of the SWAT thing, which was apparently Batman throwing SWAT cops out the window. Yes, I wanted to see that happen as well. It's a shame. I bet they are more disappointed than they let on, they sure worked hard at it.

It seems to me they could splice the stunt done elsewhere into the Hong Kong footage and it would work out. I appreciate Nolan's gritty and 'real' look, but CGI has its uses.

I know this has been said like a few times how no stunts are going to happen. But what if its a ploy to get people to stay home who live in Hong Kong, and those BAT FANS that live Near Hong Kong. Its a way of saying Just stay home so they can film a fantastic scene that will not be leaked.

So Nolan's not going to HK? I thought he likes to oversee everything.

That doesn't make much sense to me. I don't think it is BS because that Alfred Pennyworth chap is certainly on the crew and in the know, but it sounds odd. Nolan ALWAYS oversees every single shot and has no second unit director so I don't know who the hell will be shooting these scenes. Not to mention the fact that it involves principal players, like Bale and Freeman, and I hardly think that Nolan would let someone else oversee his film. Also, why would Alfred Pennyworth randomly lie about something like that? It doesn't really impact us either way so why even mention it? Very strange. :csad:

That's why I say it's BS. There is no second unit.

There's no second unit? On a production this big?

Well, there is no second unit director or dp. Nolan and Pfister supervise ALL of the shots, from stunts and miniatures to the scenes with prinicpals and non-principals (that is why Nolan is the man:woot: . Not to mention the fact that he is one of the top 5 directors working today:cwink: ).
Hence, why I am bothered by this news of him not going to HK. His wife (producer Emma Thomas) just recently had a baby so I hope that everything is alright there and that that is not the reason he is not going to be present for the shoot.

Again, I don't think it is BS. Why even mention it if it is not true? AP has proven time and again that he is indeed on the crew and high up, so it is not a question of truth.

Originally weren't there rumors that Wayne as himself and Batman were going to appear in HK, Wayne to meet with Lau, and Batman to "arrest" him or whatever. Then people were saying that on Batman would be in HK. Maybe Fox is there for the meeting with Lau, with no one knowing that Bruce Wayne is actually in HK, leaving no chance for suspicion that Bruce Wayne and Batman are one in the same.

This would make much more sense...... and nothing disproves it...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that might be how it may play out in the film.

Well the sides don't give the actual name of who it is talking to Lau's business associate who explains how he is out of town due to his legal situation in the US... so there is nothing to say this isn't true and it would solve the "Batman and Bruce Wayne both go to Gotham and no one suspects anything".... so it would be MORE logical than anything else we set out...

I still don't believe that Nolan isn't coming part... that part sounds odd since like others have said he doesnt even use a second unit

I still don't believe that Nolan isn't coming part... that part sounds odd since like others have said he doesnt even use a second unit

Very, very odd.

I made some inquiries today and a source, that I will not name, told me that they want to get a jump on post-production so Nolan is staying behind to work on that.

This still does not make sense to me because I hardly think that a couple of days of post with Nolan's supervision would help anything out. I think he would rather direct Bale and Freeman than do that.

It all sounds very strange to me. Something is up.

They had a video of the SWAT thing, which was apparently Batman throwing SWAT cops out the window. Yes, I wanted to see that happen as well. It's a shame. I bet they are more disappointed than they let on, they sure worked hard at it.

It seems to me they could splice the stunt done elsewhere into the Hong Kong footage and it would work out. I appreciate Nolan's gritty and 'real' look, but CGI has its uses.

"It seems to me they could splice the stunt done elsewhere"
Where do you think they would shoot the stunt scene, back in Chicago or London?

Assuming they filmed the "practice" stunts that were done here in Chicago, perhaps they'll use that footage and clean-up/combine it with CGI to get the stunt shots after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"