New Star Wars film Opening on the day as Dragon Ball. Will it effect it Negatively ?

contrary to what most seem to be saying here i ABSOLUTELY think this will hurt DB big time! i really do find it unfortunate that the too are opening the same night, i will honestly probably watch the two back to back, but if time only permits one the first night, honestly it will be star wars based off what little i have seen of DB so far

There are girls who like DB too.... Out of my friends, at least three of them do. My best friend even has a Vegeta sweatshirt :huh:

However, in all honesty, I think it's obvious that Star Wars has a way bigger fanbase then DB. However, if Fox is doing them both, it leads me to think that they'll probably push back one of the dates, because that would be the most logical path. (I'd think, at least) Because why not have TWO 'Opening Weekends' Instead of one where your movies are competing against one another and thus one will probably lose out on some money that it could have made on it's own weekend....

Also, It seriously depends on how DB's trailer/ marketing goes.

Warner Bros and Turner Broadcasting are producing "Star Wars". 20th Century Fox is producing "Dragon Ball". (20th Century Fox only had the rights to distribute/produce the Live Action Star Wars film.)

wtffffff.com? H-h-how do you change your name to "star"? :wow: or is my browser funky. I want to change mine to Dick S. since that's my name in reality. Don't laugh. :cmad:

Talk to a moderator Wesyeed, I think Dog Lips is one of the 2 you can talk to.

Tropic Thunder will now also come out on August 15th. So more competition.

Damnit.. These studios do NOT want FOX to make any money on this..

Hopefull word of mouth will help DB in theaters

I hope the push it back... :(

It's annoying Ben Stiller.. so yes.:(

And it is gonna be funny, it has a ugly Tom Cruise in it.

I'd go even further then that. . .

I hope they stay on schedule and kick these movies asses by spending $700 million on marketing.

Everywhere you go you'd see "Why see some gay star wars cartoon when you can watch the most original action film of the decade?"

Per Variety, Star Trek has been bumped from Christmas to May 8, 2009.

The same article mentions the Ben Stiller comedy Tropic Thunder is moving from July 11 to August 15.

And it also mentions Martin Scorsese's Shutter Island (starring Leo DiCaprio, who else) will open October 2.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111798 ... Id=13&cs=1

sad news.

I think it is very obvious that studios are ganging up to make sure that fox cannot establish a huge franchise like dragonball.

Dragonball will definitely move.

I think it is very obvious that studios are ganging up to make sure that fox cannot establish a huge franchise like dragonball.
I doubt they care.

Per Variety, Star Trek has been bumped from Christmas to May 8, 2009.

The same article mentions the Ben Stiller comedy Tropic Thunder is moving from July 11 to August 15.

And it also mentions Martin Scorsese's Shutter Island (starring Leo DiCaprio, who else) will open October 2.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111798 ... Id=13&cs=1

sad news.

Umm... no. Its called "the strike is over." All the major studios are rescheduling movies because the strike is done, and they can begin work on rewrites, re shoots, and new scripts. Therefore, movies that are almost done filming, or that are already done filming, will probably be moved a bit if the studio feels some re shoots are in order (Tropic Thunder probably needs re shoots, to get more comedy -as is typical in comedy movies, they do re shoots after watching the first cut-). Also, Shutter Island is for 2009.

I doubt they care.

I still find it a bit odd that these films are switching to/ or choosing to open on the same exact day as Dragon Ball. Its clear that at least the entire "Star Wars Animated" film opening on the same day as "Dragon Ball" was done on purpose. (companies Warner Bros and Turner Broadcasting are producing "Star Wars" while 20th Century FOX is producing "Dragon Ball" its clear that it was done on purpose. ). P.S :( For those of you that don't know Turner Broadcasting also Owns CNN while 20th Century FOX is also owned by Viacom which also Own FOX News. Turner Broadcasting is doing this as a marketing wrecking ball to throw FOX into oblivion by taking money away from their Summer Blockbuster.)

FOX is owned by News Corporation, and Viacom is Paramount if I'm not mistaken.

It's owned by Rupert Murdoch, anyway.

FOX is owned by News Corporation, and Viacom is Paramount if I'm not mistaken.

It's owned by Rupert Murdoch, anyway.

Thanks for the correction :yay:. Its News Corporation sorry my mistake. Sorry the name of these companies get slightly confusing. Turner Broadcasting still isn't to fond of News Corporation. Wouldn't be surprised if this was done on purpose by both Warner Bros and Turner Broadcasting.

FOX has enough money to not give a rats ass about some movie opening the same day. If they are worried, why? Sure it might take away a little from OPENING WEEKEND, but there's other days, DVD sales, and foreign sales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"