News & Discussion Thread - Part 1

Discussion in 'The Wolverine' started by Thread Manager, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spideyboy_1111

spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

Xavier's cameo was good.. but it was completely tarnished by the horrrrrid green screen.

2. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

Icing on the cake my friend! :D

3. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Cloud kicks ass

I dunno what it is, but some CB characters just suit being in the snow, Wolverine is one of them. Hulk and Ghost Rider would be amazing to see in the snow as well.

4. BoredGuy

BoredGuy Chairman of the Bored

Well, I mean, wolverine's canadian
    Snow is his natural climate

I'm still waiting to see Wolverine fight Hulk and Wendigo in the wilderness
    probably impossible due to rights issues... but hell, I'll take just Wolvie vs. Wendigo

5. MarvelKnight

MarvelKnight Well-Known Member

Lol, well if they did the double release you would have a wonderful opportunity to see the PG-13 anyway and just wait for the R/Unrated version to come out.

I, however, would be more than willing to see the R version in the theater, and consequently pick it up on dvd/blu-ray release if it ever happened.

6. MarvelKnight

MarvelKnight Well-Known Member

I really want to see a set picture with Silver Samurai in full garb. I hope they give him his helmet.

7. Doc Ock

Doc Ock The Spider-Totem Awakens

I loved the Xavier cameo, even though that kinda seems erased cause of First Class. Unless Xavier was a mental image he himself placed in the young mutants minds to help escape. OoOoOoOohhh!

Yeah, for me it all depends on who I would be seeing it with. If I was going with someone who didn't mind the R stuff it would be fine but then if it was some youngins it would have to be the PG-13 screening.

8. 747

747 Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

We have seen a spy-photo of him from behind, he has his helmet indeed.

9. squeekness

squeekness The mighty squeek!

I would think a helmet like that would restrict movement and make it hard to fight. :(

10. DJ Kornphlake

DJ Kornphlake Well-Known Member

Movie magic.

11. Cagefighterkip

Cagefighterkip Mr. Golightly

Hopefully we get some more official pictures shortly...

12. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

[​IMG]

I'm not so sure. It depends how the helmet is constructed and if it's made to be somewhat flexible, but even if it's not it still look fairly faithful to the design of Samurai armour and they're generally built for purpose. I think at worst it would only restrict his ability to look up and down if he needed to crane his head in those directions.

13. Project862006

Project862006 Well-Known Member

lets hope front view isn't as horrible as fassbender's magneto

who' looked amazing from behind aswell

14. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

True. Magneto's costume was pretty silly. It looked like he was just wearing a girl's red coat from the time period under his cloak. Though I feel like there's less that can go wrong here. There's more detail apparent in regards to the armour, it looks pretty much like what a samurai armour should look like and it's not obscured by something like a cape that could hide the real detail like the back shot of First Class Magneto did.

15. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014 Champion

I kind of liked Fassbender's costume. It was silly in a very 60's comic book way, which I enjoyed.

16. Project862006

Project862006 Well-Known Member

everything fassbender wore looked too big on him it is like they had designed it for a bigger man lol

17. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

I liked the helmet and cloak at least. I appreciate they at least attempted to make him more reminiscent of his comic counterpart and arguably hint at McKellen's version at the same time. However, I think the end result is bit like a mis-aimed cosplay. Not all of the elements quite gel together.

18. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

Agree with you!

19. 747

747 Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Yeah I thought Fassbender's Magneto costume was cool! The whole "I prefer Magneto" scene is pure nerdgasm.

20. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Alexei should've been banned a year ago.

He was a complete and utter ass.

I remember how he would ***** and moan about runtimes and then when someone would give specific examples counter to his views he'd completely ignore them and go on other stupid nonsense in another post.

From his posts it sounds like he has actor friends in Hollywood and the industry. I get he's a fan, but his views were so strange to me. At points he acted like a Blades Shades (remember him anybody) type cheerleader for 20th Century Fox but now he's getting all panty twisted that Wolverine 2 is PG-13. Seriously? Fox will never ever release a movie with Wolverine with an R rating. Also, I love violence and gore but honestly Wolverine doesn't have to be an R-rated character. Even my favorite Wolverine story by Claremont/Miller was NOT horrendously gory. I've seen regular superhero comics with material that was far more questionable and gorier. But Fox will never release this movie with R-rating.

OMG his boy Aronofsky wrote the perfect script it needs to be an R-rating. Seriously shut up. Aronofsky left the project. It's not his project anymore. Movies change a lot in the script stage and from script to production. That's part of the game.

If Alexei loves and has so much faith in Fox why is he being so obstinate about this project?

21. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

Agreed, Vile. The guy had some major problems. It's over now. That's the main thing.

Though I will add that I never got the blind faith for Aronofsky. He may have been a highly acclaimed director, but there was still every chance that he could end up being another Ang Lee and show that this genre maybe isn't his for him. Even with some of the details of the alleged script I thought there was plenty of room for doubt.

22. danoyse

danoyse Snikt. Stab. Repeat.

There's never going to be an R-rated Wolverine movie, at least never in this series. There's no need for it (look how dark the Nolan Batman movies have gone with a PG-13), and from a studio standpoint, it's bad for the box office. I've never gotten why people think that's going to change anytime soon.

23. DJ Kornphlake

DJ Kornphlake Well-Known Member

AB had a list of directors he deemed "visionaries" that could do no wrong. Aronofsky must have been one of them.

24. Cagefighterkip

Cagefighterkip Mr. Golightly

Nailed it.

So true.

25. BoredGuy

BoredGuy Chairman of the Bored

I understand wanting an R-rated Wolverine flick
    It's just never gunna happen.

With that said, I think it rather uncool that so many people are now scoffing at those who would prefer a harder film.
    Back before Origins, everyone was all "hey, maybe they'll give us the R Wolvie flick we've been waiting for since X-Men 1!"

and now its "psssh, what're you stupid? It's never gunna happen, and it's totally not necessary, Nolan-Batman, raar!..."

Let's pull back some of this hostility, huh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.