The Wolverine News & Discussion Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ Definitely, I'm still hopeful that we'll get an official Silver Samurai pic and a trailer for Christmas. :D

Mangold tweeted on Nov. 6 that they were done in two weeks which would be Nov. 20. Then Hugh's wife said that were going back to the U.S. "in two weeks" (although they don't have a home since apparently they can't move back into their Manhattan apartment because the basement, electrical stuff, etc. was damaged in the hurricane), and Hugh presumably goes right into publicity for "Les Mis" - first screenings are Thanksgiving weekend (Nov. 23).

"The Wolverine’ filming in Sydney last week"

original post: http://www.onlocationvacations.com/...of-the-wolverine-filming-in-sydney-last-week/

" The Wolverine continues to transform neighborhoods in Sydney, Australia into Japan, where much of the movie is set.
On Friday, the English language signage along Brisbane St was replaced with Japanese signs and symbols for a scene in which Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) is jumped by a group of thugs and finds himself flat on on his back in the street."

wolverine7.jpg

Mangold tweeted on Nov. 6 that they were done in two weeks which would be Nov. 20. Then Hugh's wife said that were going back to the U.S. "in two weeks" (although they don't have a home since apparently they can't move back into their Manhattan apartment because the basement, electrical stuff, etc. was damaged in the hurricane), and Hugh presumably goes right into publicity for "Les Mis" - first screenings are Thanksgiving weekend (Nov. 23).
I thought I heard Jackman say a while back they bought a house near by the city for 12 mil... unless that was the apartment?

I thought I heard Jackman say a while back they bought a house near by the city for 12 mil... unless that was the apartment?

I'm pretty sure they have a place downtown somewhere, which is right where the floods hit. That whole area is a mess right now.

I'm pretty sure they have a place downtown somewhere, which is right where the floods hit. That whole area is a mess right now.
From the NY Post about the building:

Storm scatters Perry St. bigs

Calvin Klein and other high-powered residents of starchitect Richard Meier’s glass towers on Perry Street could be out of their multimillion-dollar pads for up to six months after Hurricane Sandy hit, sources tell us.

Klein — who reportedly spent $20 million for a triplex penthouse in one of the celeb-brimming buildings — has sought refuge in SoHo, we hear.

“All the mechanics for the buildings are underground and flooded,” said a source familiar with the West Village towers that also house chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Citigroup investment banker Chad Leat and Rita Schrager. “While his apartment was not damaged, the building is not habitable. Calvin was told they will be displaced for six months,” the source added, saying the elevator mechanisms and building’s electrical system have been damaged.

An in-the-know resident of Meier’s third tower next door, at 165 Charles St., told us damage at the Perry Street addresses was worsened when underground grease traps at Vongerichten’s ground-floor restaurant Perry St. overflowed, creating an unpleasant slick.

Vongerichten — who’s fled to the Mark on the Upper East Side, where he runs the hotel’s posh restaurant — told us via a rep he’s hoping to have Perry St. back open in two months.

“Residents of the buildings have not been told a date [when they can move back in],” said the rep. “[Jean-Georges] hears it will be more like one to two months.” As far as the restaurant: “The dining room was saved . . . there was a flood in the basement. We have taken out the old equipment, and it will all be replaced . . . in three weeks. Then we’ll re-carpet and hopefully reopen in about two months.”

The rep added: “We had 5 feet of water in the basement. It was a mixture of sewage and some grease from the grease trap.”

Others who’ve called the towers home include Jim Carrey, Nicole Kidman, Hugh Jackman, Martha Stewart, Vincent Gallo and Paul McCartney’s ex Heather Mills. Kidman sold her pad this year for a cool $16 million.
Meanwhile, Mangold tweets this:

James Mangold ‏@mang0ld
@MichaelChiklis we wrap in Australia next Wednesday -- and I'm on a plane to LA on Thanksgiving.

Guess it's lucky Kidman got out when she did, lol. :p

...............I'd be happy if we just got a handful of pictures soon, even over a trailer. I want some official looks at characters.

CONFIRMED: the first Wolverine trailer will debut with Hobbit, and so will Man of Steel as well! Yes!

Yep, confirmed at Comic Book movie's website :D

Oh, what a reliable source! :dry:

From X-Men films comes word filming will wrap Wedsday and trailer will be before The Hobbit.I guess I will change my postiong of wiating till DVD for hobbit although I won't
see third hobbit till after I see Days of future past.

I really don'r give a rats a for Man of steel.The terrable teaser and Zach Snyder's this Is like no superman before reinforces my no reboot policy was right when It comes to
Superman.But we are getting The wolverine trailer In front of big movie,and In December!

I believe all the reports of the trailer are coming from this Lebanese Cinema site.
http://emileeid.com/2012/11/17/trailer-updates-the-wolverine-star-trek-into-darkness-more/

I’ve got some great news for all those diehard fans waiting to see some footage from The Wolverine, I can confirm that the teaser trailer from The Wolverine is set to be attached to the prints of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey on December 14, as for the story that was released a couple days ago regarding the Star Trek trailer, I can confirm that it is not true, even though the trailer is releasing online on an earlier date. There will also be a new trailer from Man Of Steel attached to The Hobbit. In other news a new theatrical trailer is going online next Tuesday from the anticipated Jack The Giant Slayer. Finally the trailer from The Hangover 3 is set for release the last week of December. Be sure to head back here to be the first to catch all the new trailers.

I wouldn't mind seeing The Hobbit, so I hope both Man of Steel and The Wolverine trailers are attached to it in the UK.

I love this. The Wolverine needs to be a reminder to the First Class fans that Wolverine is still here and by the time Days Of Future Past comes along it'll feel like a combination of three franchises. The original X-Men, First Class and The Wolverine.

well they are actully 3 parts of same series not 3 different series.

I am really hoping when The WOlverine hits theates next July the post credit scene(If there Is one) will be short preview for X-Men;Days of future Past.Similar to The Avengers as post credit scene of Captain America.Back In 2002 Bryan singer assembled a preview for X2 using end of X-Men+only 3 weeks worth of filminf from X2 at comic con preview that got leaked online and was so popular become the first teaser trailer with some tweaks.

I love this. The Wolverine needs to be a reminder to the First Class fans that Wolverine is still here and by the time Days Of Future Past comes along it'll feel like a combination of three franchises. The original X-Men, First Class and The Wolverine.

Can't really agree with that. The Wolverine is a spin-off movie from the original X-men movies and they've been heavily criticised for being too Wolverine-centric. I don't think many people are really wanting to see Days of Future Past turn into another Wolverine showcase. If anything the film should be a mix between the themes of First Class and the original X-men movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"