Discussion in 'The Wolverine' started by Thread Manager, Jan 8, 2013.
What he means to say is they should "DEW EET NAOW!!!".
And then everyone would have been complaining that it was only a 5-second thing that didn't show anything and how they would rather have an actual trailer instead.
Not that this place is predictable or anything.
HAHAHA that was my first belly laugh of the day, kudos. And SO true. I hate to admit that even I've done that occasionally...
On the site that cannont be linked to there is a couple of low res scans from a magazine (Total Film) of The Wolverine.
One is Wolverine in a suit similar to what we've seen before with claws out and the other is one where he possibly just came in from the rain or possibly still is in the rain (I can't quite tell) and he is drenched. However also in the pic looks like a set of Samurai armour, though it looks like it's on some sort of display as there is obviously no bottom half to the armour.
man i want the trailer already
true, but at least it's making the general public aware and building hype
Can't link to the site, but I should at least be able to link to the pics which are separate.
By a five-second teaser? They'd also be asking where the rest of it was.
Honestly...this whole 'the general public needs to know it's coming!!' argument is silly too. What we know, confirmed by Mangold via Twitter, is that a trailer is coming at the end of the month, and that we will be "saturated" with promos going foward from there. Which likely means:
A trailer will likely be in front of Iron Man 3.
A trailer will likely be in front of Man of Steel.
A trailer will likely be in front of Star Trek Into Darkness.
A trailer will likely be in front of Fast and Furious 6.
A trailer will likely be in front of World War Z.
A trailer will likely be in front of After Earth.
There are already posters in theaters. And with the NBA playoffs coming up, there will likely be plenty of TV spots coming (and unlike the Super Bowl, the playoffs go on for weeks).
Now, someone explain to me again how the 'general public' is going to be caught off guard by the arrival of this movie??
The Total Film article is worth a look at. First off Wolverine ranked #18 in the their fifty greatest heroes, ahead of Spider-Man (#25) but behind Superman (#12) and Batman (#6).
In terms of the actual article:
- Jackman refers to "trying to set it up as a standalone picture". So who knows how much connection to DOFP or the previous films it will have.
- The movie's stunt team is called 8711 who worked on the Expendables and Haywire (couldn't find out what else).
- His claws will be real accept for fight scenes where they will be CGI for safety reasons.
- Mangold compares the "physicality" to the French Connection, The Outlaw Josey Wales and the Bourne films.
- Mangold prepared for the film by watching old samurai films, presumably the ones he cited as influences on Twitter.
The other points a more spoilery so:
- Wolverine travels to Japan to investigate the death of a "mysterious figure from his past" and meets Mariko etc.
- An early set piece is fight between Wolverine and "hordes of heavily-tattooed, katana-wielding Yakaza" at a traditional Japanese funeral during which Wolverine disarms an opponent by stabbing them through the bicep, which sounds brilliant t:.
- Mariko can defend herself, Okamoto says "she does some karate and knife-throwing".
- Silver Samurai is the illegitimate son of Shingen and a Japanese mutant, I'm interested to see who his mother ends up being, I'm pretty sure she's never featured in the comics.
- Viper will have the ability to teleport. So another teleporting mutant by the look of it, it's turning into quite a common ability! Definitely a deviation from the comics.
There's a few other things but those are the main new points I think.
Generally stuff to feel positive about. I'm definitely feeling cautiously optimistic about the film.
im just saying.. the only people that seem to know about this film are those heavily following it
Loving what we're seeing with those 2 pics (blood on the claws... wow). Getting more and more pumped for the trailer.
Then it's a good thing that we'll almost definitely be seeing a lot of the trailer soon.
Also, being a Fox film, we could be seeing promos on American Idol (which they've done for X-Men before), and I'll bet during during the season finale of The Following.
the seconds pic I believe is the silver samurai, if it is IT looks pretty dang good.
I'm pretty sure the thing with Wolverine in the second pic is a camera covered in plastic to cover it from the rain.
Either that, or the Silver Samurai is actually a flying torso...
so what's this about a possible trailer next week?
I can't wait for the trailer!
Having looked at it again that does look like a more reasonable suggestion.
There's blood on his claws in that pic.
I hope the blood is not a detail that's overseen in the final product...
What if it's not blood, and instead he just finished foraging for berries?
Haha, picturing you saying that phrase out loud is cracking me up.
I wonder where that blood came from.
In the article it says he disarms a Yakuza by stabbing him through the bicep. So maybe the blood is from that. It's good to see after Origins was pretty much bloodless.