The Wolverine News & Discussion Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be so hyped if this was rated R. It would probably ruin the prospects of it making a profit at the box office (so obviously they're unlikely to do it), but this is the last Wolverine movie we'll likely see anyway... so it wouldn't really affect anything for us.

Of course they could still do a gritty, badass Wolverine in a PG-13 film, but an R rating would basically ensure that we'd get the Wolverine we've all wanted to see.

Wolverine is way too popular with the kids for that. He'll be stabbing folks, but it'll be quick cuts like in the Bat-flicks where they don't linger on it.

I doubt they would ever make an R rated Wolverine movie, but it's just what I would personally like to see.

they had blood in first class, on the coin that goes through Sebastian Shaw's head

Wolverine is way too popular with the kids for that. He'll be stabbing folks, but it'll be quick cuts like in the Bat-flicks where they don't linger on it.
:o
xmen15.jpg

I remember Singer said they had to actually intercut that shot with a shot of Bobby's face to keep X2 PG-13.

Basically. You don't want him to look like he's enjoying it. R rating, you could.

Wasn't there an extended version of that scene on the X2 DVD? I think he just screamed more, but I remember it was there.

Yep there was both that scene as well as his fight VS Deathstrike had to be cut down In
order to get a pg-13 rating.

I'd be amazed if they made an R-rated Wolverine film, I just can't see it happening. I'm not sure it's necessary anyway, I'm sure they could make a great Wolverine film that would please fans and keep it PG-13.

I'm just wondering. With the rumoured Jean Grey cameo, could The Wolverine possibly fit into an alternate timeline that's supposed to be created by DoFP? Some are suggesting that if the cameo is true then it would possibly be a dream or a flashback. But what if she appears and she's alive?

I'm just wondering. With the rumoured Jean Grey cameo, could The Wolverine possibly fit into an alternate timeline that's supposed to be created by DoFP? Some are suggesting that if the cameo is true then it would possibly be a dream or a flashback. But what if she appears and she's alive?

That's something I can't help but think to myself about... *sighs* I doubt she'll actually appears and is alive. I bet it'll be a dream or a flashback. I want it to be both :p but you can't have it both ways, you know.

I'm still baffled how the Matrix got an R rating while X2 is just as violent.

Matrix Reloaded had more fight scenes and longer fight scenes.

And I don't see the use of having R-18 rating. Its not like it would improve the story if they show more violence and blood.

Matrix Reloaded had more fight scenes and longer fight scenes.

And I don't see the use of having R-18 rating. Its not like it would improve the story if they show more violence and blood.

A PG 13 Schindler's List would've been just as good. I mean, it is the same story.

...on the flip side, a PG-13 Sin City or 300 would just not work

Rated R is overrated anyways. :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee