The Wolverine News & Discussion Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice! :yay:

I just love Hugh's look as Wolvie in this movie, including the shorter hair. He looks more badass than ever before.

His hair in his FIRST CLASS cameo was pretty short too... I'm liking it a lot.

They really need to get some hype up for this film. No one knows about it! Days Of Future Past is more anticipated for and that's not out for more than a year.

Like I said before, they should have shown the trailer during the Super Bowl.

And some people here were defending about FOX's decision not to. If I know, FOX will only really promote this movie, 2 weeks before the release date and it would be too late to build a massive hype for this movie.

I sometimes worry about this movie as there isn't too much talk or hype surrounding it as much as MOS, IM3, and DOFP which is a year away.

I worry it will be a great film but not make alot of money to warrant more...by more I mean more Wolverine not necessarily more X-Men. I think more X-Men is guaranteed regardless of how The Wolverine does.

If this movie didn't so well at the box-office. I hope it means that there wouldn't be another solo Wolverine movie anymore and I think that will be the case for FOX, just look at Fantastic Four 2.

But I think it would have an effect on the whole franchise. I'm afraid FOX might lose confidence with the series. Good thing, DOFP is coming out 1 year later. So if The Wolverine flops, then that would give FOX a wake-up call to promote the X-Men movies better. I just hope they don't move DOFP's release date.

truth be told the only other wolvie movie i could see them making is one with Omega Red... or one that brings back sabretooth and/or deathstrike

i don't think there's a big need for any other story personally

truth be told the only other wolvie movie i could see them making is one with Omega Red... or one that brings back sabretooth and/or deathstrike

i don't think there's a big need for any other story personally

Yeah, I actually mentioned this before, that if there's going to be a 3rd Wolverine movie, the villain should be Omega Red. I think he's the only well-known rival/villain of Wolverine that hasn't been introduced in the movies yet.

Yeah, I actually mentioned this before, that if there's going to be a 3rd Wolverine movie, the villain should be Omega Red. I think he's the only well-known rival/villain of Wolverine that hasn't been introduced in the movies yet.

I would rather see the X-Men (including Wolverine) go up against Omega Red and meet some of the other Russian mutants, such as Darkstar. The animated series did it really well in the episode called Red Dawn. Plus, I'm a fan of Darkstar :woot:

As for other Wolverine enemies, there's Alpha Flight though I'm not sure if Fox has the rights to those. Probably, but since they are not all mutants, I'm not sure. As Alpha Flight is a team, they would be better in an X-Men team movie, just as they battled all the X-Men in the comics.

An Alpha Flight movie could be amazing... hell, if Fox keeps putting out X-Flicks, I'll keep paying to see them...

Like I said before, they should have shown the trailer during the Super Bowl.

And some people here were defending about FOX's decision not to. If I know, FOX will only really promote this movie, 2 weeks before the release date and it would be too late to build a massive hype for this movie.

Because Super Bowl trailers have always been great promos for the other X-Men movies...

...except that none of the X-Men movies have ever done a Super Bowl promo. :cwink:

And no one was "defending" that decision. When the Super Bowl discussion was going, it was just being pointed out (repeatedly) that none of the other movies had a Super Bowl spot, so this movie didn't really need one as desperately as others believed it did.

The trailer will be here in less than two weeks from now. Not two weeks before the release date. After which, Mangold says we will be "saturated" with promos for the movie...which is still not due for another four months.

I'm impatient to finally to see it too, but seriously, it's coming. Sooner rather than later.

Again, its not about the wait. Its about building hype to help the movie become successful at the box-office.

But they were in their prime then. Now...not so much.

Yes, now... now being after First Class and just before Days of Future Past. The series isn't exactly struggling at the moment.

So what if the other X-Men movies didn't get a Super Bowl spot. Should they just follow the marketing of the other X-Men films and not improve it? The other X-Men movies weren't released in 3D but this one will be released in 3D and the previous X-Men movies released a trailer like 6 to 5 before they came out in theaters and this one isn't. Its not about comparing the marketing of this film to the previously released X-Men movie. Its about trying to build hype to a larger number of audience.

The point you seem to be missing is that the Super Bowl is not the be all and end all of building hype like you seem to think it is.

And fewer studios are using the Super Bowl as their major advertising spot for their tentpoles anymore. Not when they can do it online for less than they're paying for a single Super Bowl spot. It's no guarantee of success.

It doesn't make a difference that it's in 3D this time. Everything is in 3D. That's no incentive to do a Super Bowl spot this time.

Maybe "trailer C" means we can expect another two after it A and B.

And with only 3 months to go yet.

arg that means it exists. It needs to be released. To hell with cinema trailers, everyone gets their hype from the internet these days. Look how popular DOFP is getting. It should just come out online.

All trailers are released online. :huh:

im kinda shocked they didn't put out a teaser... even if months ago... it could have been a 5 second thing

It usually goes online 4, 5 days after the classification. probably It will be online next week, like thurday. Abou the trailer C thing..strange. Just Fox movies have that classificaction. It cant be like trailer A, B C like 1, 2, 3. Epic has trailer M and Turbo trailer D. Dont know what it means.
Im afraid the trailer will be like hangover 3 trailer. With more black screen that actual footage...Want to see Viper kicking ass..in green!

What about that wolverine set report in the total film magazine? there already scans and info about the superman report..Any news?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"