NFL Offseason & Waiting for the Swifties Return Thread

and what in the world was Buffalo doing ?
Honestly think it's being cheap because of the new stadium they're building. All the money is going to that and Allen, and in the meantime just kind of spend pocket change on mid to late round picks for the rest of the roster.

Yeah......I don't get Penix at 8. Especially with that pathetic pass rush of theirs. Denver was in a desperate need of a QB and Nix "might" be their guy. I'd give him about a 2 out of 3 shot at being a decent QB. I knew the Raiders would have to move up if they wanted one of the top 5, but Bowers may just end up being a beast.....they just need someone who can get him the ball....
Sure Nix is a probably going to turn out to be a decent QB, but at #12 he was an absolute reach. Again Atlanta and Denver were the two boobs of the 1st round.
Which is odd. Literally every other team helped themselves out with decent picks. Last year there was a lot more disparity between the winners and losers. This year...everyone's a winner!

My friend that I had Raider season tickets with just texted me the following:

Let's see if the Raiders can pick up 2 or 3 more tight ends before the draft is over. :funny:

I think Bowers will be able to play a lot of different positions and there aren't close to 12 players with his talent level, but I do see his point. At 13, I kind of felt like "Man, you've got to take this guy." I mean 6 QBs were off the board by the time they picked.

Nah. They had a good free agency while Baltimore had a terrible one. Couple that with a non-playoff schedule this year,
and things look good.

as much as it pains me, i can agree with this :(

as much as it pains me, i can agree with this :(
Baltimore definitely needs to shore up on defense. We'll also have to see how their, basically, new O line works out. They've definitely got some holes to fill and most of their draft picks come pretty low in each round.

i liked Wiggins as the pick for Baltimore, but i gotta admit i was hoping for DeJean. After losing Duvernay, I feel like he could've helped with the return game as well as the defensive side. I liken him to Hamilton, and having 2 Hamiltons is not a bad thing.
i know there's no chance he lasts long enough to come to us, but a gal can dream.

i'm also kinda intrigued about WR Coleman. He could be a surprise fit for us.

My friend that I had Raider season tickets with just texted me the following:

Let's see if the Raiders can pick up 2 or 3 more tight ends before the draft is over. :funny:

I think Bowers will be able to play a lot of different positions and there aren't close to 12 players with his talent level, but I do see his point. At 13, I kind of felt like "Man, you've got to take this guy." I mean 6 QBs were off the board by the time they picked.

I was certain Raiders were getting Penix. Falcons totally ruined the draft lol. That said, yes, Bowers is a beast. I watched a good bit of SEC college football. He was unstoppable a good bit of the time. Only downside is... he grew up a 49ers fan lol.

So, you think Raiders roll with Minshew & AOC, or take a QB in the next few rounds? Spencer Rattler & Jordan Travis are the only two I'm familiar with. Or could they trade for one now that they're in this situation?

I was certain Raiders were getting Penix. Falcons totally ruined the draft lol. That said, yes, Bowers is a beast. I watched a good bit of SEC college football. He was unstoppable a good bit of the time. Only downside is... he grew up a 49ers fan lol.

So, you think Raiders roll with Minshew & AOC, or take a QB in the next few rounds? Spencer Rattler & Jordan Travis are the only two I'm familiar with. Or could they trade for one now that they're in this situation?
I had a feeling with both the Vikes and Denver in front of them, the best they could do would be Bo Nix. Interestingly enough, I was thinking about Rattler this morning......maybe it's time we get another snake. ;)

I think they're clearly gonna roll with Minshew this year unless they draft a QB who shows out crazy in camp.

Y'know.....Pittsburg is having a nice offseason. I think they've just had a major upgrade to their O line. Man that AFC North is going to be NASTY next year.....whew.....

Love 'em or hate 'em, you have to be in awe of Howie Roseman and the Eagles, picking up top rated CB Quinyon Mitchell in Round 1,
and projected first rounder CB Cooper DeJean in Round 2. Philly is beginning to assemble a defensive juggernaut.

Last edited:
Love 'em or hate 'em, you have to be in awe of Howie Roseman and the Eagles, picking up top rated CB Quinyon Mitchell in Round 1,
and projected first rounder CP Cooper DeJean in Round 2. Philly is beginning to assemble a defensive juggernaut.

Philly might be the one team I didn’t want DeJean to go to lol
Yeah.....those are a couple of very, very good picks. This draft was very deep with CBs and WRs.

You could make an argument that they were the top 2 CBs.....don't know if that's true, but it's not that far off.

Philly's schedule looks pretty easy this season. It could be their year. Last year, it was literally their schedule
that destroyed them. This year, they appear to be luckier.

Philly's schedule looks pretty easy this season. It could be their year. Last year, it was literally their schedule
that destroyed them. This year, they appear to be luckier.
They definitely had a tough schedule, but that usually happens when you are really good the year before. That being said, there was NO excuse for the end of their season. I mean, okay, you lost to Dallas and SF, but the Cards, Seahawks, and Giants?!?!? And then a very mediocre Tampa Bay team just busts a cap in their ass....

Last edited:
Then the Saints took Spencer Rattler. Jets took Jordan Travis.

And I'm just sitting here like...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"