NFL Offseason & Waiting for the Swifties Return Thread

i would like to see Chubb have success after that injury, even though i am not a Browns fan

i would like to see Chubb have success after that injury, even though i am not a Browns fan
IIRC that was a freaking gnarly injury. I always root for players not named Vick or Rodgers when they are coming back from injuries or absences (although those are just two off the top of my head).

I think that's a lot of money for him. He's what I consider a good receiver. He's young so maybe they're counting on him to improve a lot.....for that kind of money, he needs to.

Interesting......but given how deep this WR class is, I just can't see a team giving up a really high draft pick for someone who is going to be up for a very big contract. If I'm a contender that needs help at WR, I get one in the draft and also help my cap position for the next 4 or 5 years.

Hard to believe the draft is in 6 days......

There are constant rumors about the Vikes moving up. If you're following a crappy team that will be in, say, the first half of the draft, who do you think you'll get and what does the draft look like in front of your team.

This year, I'm kind of interested in Chicago. Clearly they are going Williams at 1. I think 4 QBs go before their 9 pick (Maye, McCarthy, Daniels, along with 2 or 3 WRs (Harrison, Nabers, and maybe Odunze), probably one OT (Alt), and maybe an Edge rusher (Turner likely, but maybe Verse). So, for 9, it will depend on who's left. I think Chicago goes WR if one of the top 3 is there, then Edge if their top guy is there, and then OT if the top edge and 3 WRs are gone. Since there are 4 QBs, 3 WRs, 1 OT, and 1 Edge, they HAVE to be able to get at least one of those unless they decide to trade down.

EDIT: I've been thinking about what Chicago might do with a guy like Brock Bowers. They already have Allen and Moore as 2 true #1 WRs and a very nice, young TE (Kmet). While Bowers is also a TE, he would be an absolute nightmare to cover if he were in the slot or in motion and would be a devastating blocker from just about anywhere on the outside. He could even line up in the backfield on passing downs and cause a lot of trouble with his blocking and pass catching.

Last edited:
Well, it looks like Denver is now set at QB and can use their #12 pick for the best player available......a late round pick "swap" was a high price to pay for the Broncs, but I think it was worth it.....maybe.....uhh....I dunno....

I wonder if the swap means the Jets traded up or down...

Last edited:

Why in the world would anyone bother to come up with something this inane? Somebody's joking about something.....right???

EDIT: NVM......I see what they're doing, but it's not really accurate. LOL

Last edited:

I've said I've been following Chicago because I think they have a chance to make HUGE steps if they play it right and If I'm them, I'm looking at this guy with a LOT of interest. Chicago has a big need at backup QB (and Tannehill would be ideal) and they need someone other than Sweat to bring pressure. They can use some depth at WR and OL, but I think the most likely scenario is they pick up QB and WR in the draft.

Free agency activity is really, really low, but I expect it to pick up in a big way after the draft.

Raiders apparently tried to go up to 2 in the draft, but Commanders didn't budge. They really want Jayden Daniels.

I think they end up with Michael Penix Jr. He has that Raider vibe & seems like an AP type player. Guess we find out tonight. Wouldn't surprise me if they just took a lineman too lol.

Penix looked a lot better than I thought he would at the combine. He throws a really tight ball with very good velocity and made every throw in the book. I'm always, however, a little skeptical about left handed QBs....even though I'm left handed. :funny: The only things I can think of that would be a problem, for the receivers anyway, would be that the ball has the opposite spin than "normal" LOL and that you probably want your best tackle on the opposite side of the line.

About 10% of people are left handed, but the percentage of QBs that are is much, much lower than that (at least that's how it appears to me). It's anecdotal, but I worked in IT for a long time and I noticed that much more than 10% of the engineers are left handed. Go figure....

Penix looked a lot better than I thought he would at the combine. He throws a really tight ball with very good velocity and made every throw in the book. I'm always, however, a little skeptical about left handed QBs....even though I'm left handed. :funny: The only things I can think of that would be a problem, for the receivers anyway, would be that the ball has the opposite spin than "normal" LOL and that you probably want your best tackle on the opposite side of the line.

About 10% of people are left handed, but the percentage of QBs that are is much, much lower than that (at least that's how it appears to me). It's anecdotal, but I worked in IT for a long time and I noticed that much more than 10% of the engineers are left handed. Go figure....

What are the odds that I am left handed as well? :smile: So I always pull for the lefties.

I've seen people saying go for a RT at 13, trade back in the first for Penix Jr. I just don't even know if Penix slips back that far. He could, but we will see in a few hours.

What are the odds that I am left handed as well? :smile: So I always pull for the lefties.

I've seen people saying go for a RT at 13, trade back in the first for Penix Jr. I just don't even know if Penix slips back that far. He could, but we will see in a few hours.
I don't know that Penix even lasts until 13. The Vikes and Denver are both in front of us in the draft. When you add Chicago, Washington, and NE, that makes 5 teams needing a QB.

Edit: If you are randomly picking 2 people, the odds of them both being left handed are about 100 to 1.

Last edited:
All signs point to us getting J.J McCarthy since i don't expect NE to not get Maye so got to trust in Daboll that he can develop him

All signs point to us getting J.J McCarthy since i don't expect NE to not get Maye so got to trust in Daboll that he can develop him
I wouldn't be sure of getting him at #6 and would be looking to make a swap with AZ or maybe LA, but I could see Minnesota moving up to #4 with their 2 1st rounders.

He will be available at 6 unless Denver, Raiders, or Vikes make a move.....AZ and LA will clearly go WR (most likely Harrison and Nabers). The one guy I could see falling would be Maye, but I think NE really has to take him. That team needs a QB like some who's been stuck in the middle of the ocean for a week needs a glass of water.

The Vikings really will be the most interesting player in this draft. A lot of mock drafts have them trading up to get one of Daniels, Maye or McCarthy, but all of those players carry a certain amount of risk to them. The ONLY QB who carries very little risk is Caleb Williams (a bona fide can't miss prospect) but there's no chance Chicago is going to part with him. The Vikings should really stand pat, draft the BPA with the #11 pick and draft Micheal Penix or even Bo Nix with the #23 pick. They should learn from Carolina's massive mistake last year.

The Vikings really will be the most interesting player in this draft. A lot of mock drafts have them trading up to get one of Daniels, Maye or McCarthy, but all of those players carry a certain amount of risk to them. The ONLY QB who carries very little risk is Caleb Williams (a bona fide can't miss prospect) but there's no chance Chicago is going to part with him. The Vikings should really stand pat, draft the BPA with the #11 pick and draft Micheal Penix or even Bo Nix with the #23 pick. They should learn from Carolina's massive mistake last year.
They could, "almost" certainly get Penix at 11 and, maybe, Nix at 23. I actually like Nix and while there's risk with just about any QB not named Elway, Luck, Manning (Peyton), etc., He's got the tools to be a really nice NFL QB. It's the draft though......and you never know. There are teams picking before 23 that might want to give Nix a shot and someone like the Raiders or Denver might want to move up a couple of spots to grab Penix.

We're gonna see pretty soon and this is one of my favorite days on the NFL calendar. The free agency moves after the draft also become more interesting. There's some good players out there who are still unsigned.

EDIT: So, uh, you thought my post was funny.....

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Uh oh. Don't sick Joe Pesci on me. Even at 81 years old I'm still scared of him!

Uh oh. Don't sick Joe Pesci on me. Even at 81 years old I'm still scared of him!
That was one of the craziest scenes ever filmed....I can't tell you how uneasy that movie made me feel.

Hey folks......we're an hour out!!!

I'm on pause so I can FF through stuff. So, with no trades....unlikely

Here's my guesses

Williams
Daniels
Maye
Harrison
Nabers
McCarthy
Alt
Turner
Odunze
Bowers
Penix

and I don't know what the hell the Raiders will do after Denver picks :confound:

In this scenario, the Giants get McCarthy and the Vikes get Penix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"