The Dark Knight Non-fan reactions to Heath as Joker/TDK trailer

Its his thing. He like to come off as being very smart and above everyone else, and so he hates a lot of popular things, including bands, movies, etc. He doesn't really act this way, but its obvious thats his personality. For the most part hes cool though. And he is really smart.

Those people, people who hate things just becuase other people like them, should be kicked in the nuts.

Hard.

I went with my big brother and my cousin, both were blown away.

As for the rest of the theatre goers...there were gasps coming from all around when they were showing scenes of the Joker.

My younger brother saw the trailer with I Am Legend, he thought it was great, said the action looks good and the new Joker(he's not familiar with Ledger) seems scary and more sadistic than Jack's.

I showed the trailer to one of my friends, his first response was "ew, Heath looks ugly as the Joker...but pretty creepy!" Overall he said he liked the trailer and will definitely be seeing it on the big screen...so looks like I've found my theater buddy:oldrazz:

The two of my friends that saw I Am Legend before school let out didn't like it

They didn't say anything specifically against the trailer, just that they didn't like Batman

here is a topic on it from another forum I visit -

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=741055

the last few pages are just a debate over the Joker wearing makeup, though

Hey, I didn't have time to read everyone elses response, but i wanted to share something that I did. I burned the Hi-Def version of the trailer on to a dvd and ended up putting it in the DVD player at my local best buy. The 30+ T.V.'s turned into the most amazing trailer. Everyone, and I litterally mean everyone that could see the televisions stopped whatever they were doing and just stood in awe as they watched it. I repeated it about 4 times, and was thinking about leaving it there if it could automatically repeat but it didn't so I took it home. It felt so good seeing all these positive reactions to the joker.

"Christian Bale is hottt!"

That was my reaction. :csad:

...I showed the trailer to some of my friends...what I noticed:

- they loved the scenes so far, specially the white night shot...
- they were happy about the joker being the new villan...
- he looks creepy...
- they didn't know ledger was the joker...in fact, they couldnt identify him, but they agreed the performance was top notch...

that's all

Well all my friends are huge Christian Bale fans so the trailer was an instant success in crating hype with them.

They thought the trailer was intense and badass. Trailer did everything it was suppose to do.

Hey, I didn't have time to read everyone elses response, but i wanted to share something that I did. I burned the Hi-Def version of the trailer on to a dvd and ended up putting it in the DVD player at my local best buy. The 30+ T.V.'s turned into the most amazing trailer. Everyone, and I litterally mean everyone that could see the televisions stopped whatever they were doing and just stood in awe as they watched it. I repeated it about 4 times, and was thinking about leaving it there if it could automatically repeat but it didn't so I took it home. It felt so good seeing all these positive reactions to the joker.
Bwahahaha the Joker would be so proud. :up:

I seen I Am Legend with 7 people,about 3 of us were die hard Batman fanboys, the other 4 basically just liked Begins. But all of us loved the trailer to death. in fact, the theater applauded when the trailer ended :). And everyone basically just talked about the trailer over the next 1 or 2 trailers and the 1st 10 minutes or so of I Am Legend.

I showed my mom and she said it looked "good". But she doesn't like any movies. Booorrring.

I still wanna show my other group of friends who really no nothing much about Batsy to see what they think.

-My sister said "oh my god"
-A female friend that usually digs Heath because he's pretty said : "he's disgusting/ugly in it!"
-My mother said "he is scary"
-My father barely had any reaction...wth to my daddy?!?!?!

-My sister said "oh my god"
-A female friend that usually digs Heath because he's pretty said : "he's disgusting/ugly in it!"
-My mother said "he is scary"
-My father barely had any reaction...wth to my daddy?!?!?!

Show him the prologue. I enjoyed that a lot more than the trailer.

Its his thing. He like to come off as being very smart and above everyone else, and so he hates a lot of popular things, including bands, movies, etc. He doesn't really act this way, but its obvious thats his personality. For the most part hes cool though. And he is really smart.

kind of like the people who hate something like The Beatles solely because other people really, really like them? those people are so cool.

That's awesome :up:

I showed my fiance. She rolled her eyes.

My mom, dad, and brother all think it's a really cool looking movie, and we watch it every chance we get. Then again, we're all comic nerds, so maybe we don't count.

My friends think it looks badass. I have one friend who is now apparently interested in Batman now and is asking me all these questions and trying to get me to analyse the trailer for him.

Another friend of mine didn't believe me when I told her that Heath Ledger was the Joker, and she made me go to imdb and prove it to her. :up:

my friend who i showed who is moderatly into comics was excited and wanted to know when the movie came out and was really excited

His name wouldn't happen to be Frasier Crane, would it?

The best comment I heard was from my brother in-law after I sent him a link to the trailer,.......

Brother in-law- "Wow..when does this come out again? The Joker looks bad a** creepy crazy!!

Me- "It comes out in July,....but yea Heath Ledger looks like he pulled the Joker off well."

Brother in-law - "Oh yea I totally forgot that was even Heath Ledger,...wow thats great all I see is the Joker, not like when Jack Nicholson played the Joker and all I saw was Jack Nicholson in Joker makeup."

Me- "Yea,..."

Well I've been keeping my mum informed of things ever since the ARG started and we got our first glimpses of Heath. She thinks he's creepy and disturbing. She also made note of the fact that if I didn't tell her who was playing the Joker, then she would have had no idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"