• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Endgame Official Avengers: Endgame News & Speculation Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hoping Doom comes to the MCU way before 10 years.

So to pass the time...Question for everyone here. Since the Marvel movies have become a “thing” which scene still registers in your mind as your favorite and why? It can be from any Marvel movie new or old because in some way they’ve all played a small part in getting here.

For me it’s the first swinging scene from Original Spider-Man movie with Tobey chasing Uncle Bens killer. Since becoming a fan of the character as a child I always envisioned what it would be like to see it on screen and it was captured perfectly. To this day I still get chills watching that scene. No other scene has hit me as hard as watching my favorite character come to life for that moment.

Honorable mention goes to Wolverine in the mansion scene from the 2nd X-men movie. I can’t remember a crowd ever getting as loud as it did after seeing Wolverine finally cut lose and stab the guy in the Kitchen

The train scene from Spider-Man 2 (2004) still remains my fave marvel scene and fave marvel fight scene ever. Sam Raimis Spider-Man (2002) was incredible and its hard to imagine how he could top that, which he ended up doing with the sequel. as a kid, that train scene in the second film left me in awe, and when hes trying to stop it with the suit ripping and windows breaking,well, it was just beyond intense. To this day, I let out a HUGE sigh when the train finally stops. then that incredible danny elfman score kicks in as they catch him. Yeah thats still my fave marvel film ever

Wait, wait, wait... So the Avengers fought Thanos in IW and lost. But he didn't kill them.

In Endgame supposedly they fight him a second time early on... and lose, again. But he doesn't kill them.

Thet then try yet again for apparently a third time? I'm so lost.

Avengers: We fought Thanos and we lost.

Me: But did you die tho?

Seriously, is Thanos the most merciful bad guy yet? :)

Isn't Thanos' whole thing that he generally doesn't want to kill if he doesn't view it as being necessary to achieve his end goal?

In no particular order:
  • The end-film credits montage from Thor struck a chord
  • T'Challa's "I don't care" at Hawkeye
  • T'Challa vs Killmonger at the waterfall
  • The opening segment of the battle of Wakanda, including Cap and Black Panther's run
  • Thor's arrival in Wakanda

Wait, wait, wait... So the Avengers fought Thanos in IW and lost. But he didn't kill them.

In Endgame supposedly they fight him a second time early on... and lose, again. But he doesn't kill them.

Thet then try yet again for apparently a third time? I'm so lost.

Avengers: We fought Thanos and we lost.

Me: But did you die tho?

Seriously, is Thanos the most merciful bad guy yet? :)

He’s the mad Titan

Mmmmkayyy.... I really dislike getting a youtube vids as a reply. Very Lazy and a wasted effort since… I don't ever watch lol
Well... Not as lazy as spreading rumors without a shred of proof or believing them, no?

He’s the mad Titan

Hahaha, yeah
whenever people are like "Thanos's plan doesn't exactly make sense", I'm like "You realize he is the bad guy right? Like, he's kind of crazy...?"
Marvel wants you to understand where the villains are coming from, but at the end of the day, they're still villains, and villains make poor life decisions

So to pass the time...Question for everyone here. Since the Marvel movies have become a “thing” which scene still registers in your mind as your favorite and why? It can be from any Marvel movie new or old because in some way they’ve all played a small part in getting here.

For me it’s the first swinging scene from Original Spider-Man movie with Tobey chasing Uncle Bens killer. Since becoming a fan of the character as a child I always envisioned what it would be like to see it on screen and it was captured perfectly. To this day I still get chills watching that scene. No other scene has hit me as hard as watching my favorite character come to life for that moment.

Honorable mention goes to Wolverine in the mansion scene from the 2nd X-men movie. I can’t remember a crowd ever getting as loud as it did after seeing Wolverine finally cut lose and stab the guy in the Kitchen

When Hulk threw Loki around like a rag doll in the first Avengers movie. My theater crowd applauded so loud that no one knew that Hulk said "Puny God" right afterwards.

View attachment 23715 So close...You know you’re losing your mind when you got the seconds counting down. In some ways this movie is kind of a culmination of all those years of comic collecting and day dreaming of superheroes. It’s insane to think that we are at this point now.
So awesome. I feel like I’ve been proven right for believing all these years. :cool:

Isn't Thanos' whole thing that he generally doesn't want to kill if he doesn't view it as being necessary to achieve his end goal?
This is something I really liked about Infinity War, they really went out of their way to show that Thanos isn't trying to kill anyone unless they directly stand in the way of his goal. He only kills Gamora and Vision to get the stones, and only really goes insane with the stones on Titan after they almost get the gauntlet off.

Other than that it's mostly about disarming, with the exception of the opening, but I would say Thanos kills half the Asgardians because he has the entire population in front of him so he might as well if he can.

The train scene from Spider-Man 2 (2004) still remains my fave marvel scene and fave marvel fight scene ever. Sam Raimis Spider-Man (2002) was incredible and its hard to imagine how he could top that, which he ended up doing with the sequel. as a kid, that train scene in the second film left me in awe, and when hes trying to stop it with the suit ripping and windows breaking,well, it was just beyond intense. To this day, I let out a HUGE sigh when the train finally stops. then that incredible danny elfman score kicks in as they catch him. Yeah thats still my fave marvel film ever
You and me both, nothing has beat that epic scene yet. I think Endgame will give it a run for it's money though...

Keep telling yourself that.

It's always hard when people point out how credulous we can be.

No its always hard when people keep doing this. Let it go man. Smile a little Jeez... This was all in jest yet you're obviously taking this very serious. Don't worry, movie comes out next week. :D

I don't know what some people get out of this. It would make sense if he was getting paid, but doing this just to get attention is so pathetic to me.

They get exactly this. EVERYONE online riled up and talking about it/him I suppose.

I don't know what some people get out of this. It would make sense if he was getting paid, but doing this just to get attention is so pathetic to me.

Sooo....he's a total tool-bag? That's all I get out of it. "People want to enjoy things...I'll show them!"

He must have been a die-hard Power Rangers or TMNT fan who felt the last films let him down while Marvel continued to excel....and he...will have....his VENGEANCE!!

This is something I really liked about Infinity War, they really went out of their way to show that Thanos isn't trying to kill anyone unless they directly stand in the way of his goal. He only kills Gamora and Vision to get the stones, and only really goes insane with the stones on Titan after they almost get the gauntlet off.

Other than that it's mostly about disarming, with the exception of the opening, but I would say Thanos kills half the Asgardians because he has the entire population in front of him so he might as well if he can.

Yep, and Loki betrayed him AFTER failing him AND losing 2 infinity stones. So that was totally about punishment for failing him personally. Also... he had just tried to stab him in the throat.

Spider-Man 2 was amazing...still is. That train fight is so intense...and it has actually aged better than anything else in the Raimi trilogy...which I still love. Yeah yeah...Spider-Man 3 blah blah....but people forget that 1 and 2 destroyed expectations. They are the reason why WB finally got off of its butt and gave us some new (and equally great) Batman movies. Yeah, we got some crap, (FF and Hulk, I'm looking at you), but we wouldn't be where we are without that HUGE leap accomplished by the Spider-Man films.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"