The Dark Knight Rises OFFICIAL: Batman in New York - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what I mean. He doesn't deliberately stylize things to make them look cool. He does things for practical reasons.

EX. The only reason he used slow-motion in Inception (the only movie he's ever used slow-motion) was to delineate the different time scales.

He always does things for a reason. Do his movies look great? Of course. But that's just because the world is beautiful, and if you photograph for what it is, well, you get the point...

Wally and Nolan have discussed this in many interviews; they go for naturalism.

Even then, those are all styles. Every director has to have one, it's part of the vision. His style is just more realistic than most, is all.

His movies are stylized but they are more understated than a David Fincher or Nicolas Winding Refn.

Nolan rails against stylization. Have you ever heard him in interviews with Elvis Mitchell and on Wired? He is a fan of Lumet and Roeg; they shoot documentary, gritty style. Nolan even said he shoots his movies in a messy fashion because he likes the cold, documentary feel of certain films.

Flash is never good. And it's a great way to interrupt their filming and distract cast+crew. Not to mention your photos will look horrible.

RZv8T.jpg

What is the cord at the back of Bane's neck? I haven't seen it so explicitly before. In fact, I hadn't seen it at ALL in any pics, except for some of the more recent Bane pics from the last week of shooting. Here's an example of one of those:

You can see the sort of snaking cord running down the left side of Bane's neck in that pic. It's not the linear spinal scar. Until the most recent pic at the top, I did think it might've been a second scar that wasn't noticed before. But the newest pic suggests it's an actual cord that isn't flat against his neck.

Now that I think about it, it could be a cord for an earpiece. Either an in-movie earpiece for the character to communicate with his henchmen via radio, or just something to help Hardy keep in touch with people and not something that's supposed to be noticed. That mask covers Hardy's ears completely, which probably makes everything sound muffled and hard to understand.

You know what I mean.
Even when my girlfriends say this, it's never true.

He doesn't deliberately stylize things to make them look cool. He does things for practical reasons.
The two don't have to be mutually exclusive. Nolan has admitted many times his summer blockbusters take into consideration that it is made for the general audiences. Doesn't mean he's selling out, but it doesn't mean he conveniently crafted narratives solely to just tell a good story, which so happened to be mainstream friendly.

Wally and Nolan have discussed this in many interviews; they go for naturalism.
Generally. However there are a few exceptions, such as Two-Face. That was a deliberate artistic choice to deviate from the norm of naturalism.

Nolan rails against stylization. Have you ever heard him in interviews with Elvis Mitchell and on Wired? He is a fan of Lumet and Roeg; they shoot documentary, gritty style. Nolan even said he shoots his movies in a messy fashion because he likes the cold, documentary feel of certain films.

One of the things I adore about Nolan and a selected few is that he never gave up on his 'indie roots' even when it comes to mainstream.

Most commonly you'll see a new indie director making it big and with their first mainstream film, they lose their style for something more clean and generic. For example, Gavin Hood eh went from the raw 'Tsotsi' to the bland 'Wolverine'.*

*Though a part of it was Fox.

Even then, those are all styles. Every director has to have one, it's part of the vision. His style is just more realistic than most, is all.

I agree. Nolan is an artist who likes to make things gritty and real; and in the end, the product he creates is his own style. So yeah it's his style. But it's very minimalist and real. And that's Nolan. Did I mention, that he is also God. :oldrazz:

What is the cord at the back of Bane's neck? I haven't seen it so explicitly before. In fact, I hadn't seen it at ALL in any pics, except for some of the more recent Bane pics from the last week of shooting. Here's an example of one of those:

You can see the sort of snaking cord running down the left side of Bane's neck in that pic. It's not the linear spinal scar. Until the most recent pic at the top, I did think it might've been a second scar that wasn't noticed before. But the newest pic suggests it's an actual cord that isn't flat against his neck.

Now that I think about it, it could be a cord for an earpiece. Either an in-movie earpiece for the character to communicate with his henchmen via radio, or just something to help Hardy keep in touch with people and not something that's supposed to be noticed. That mask covers Hardy's ears completely, which probably makes everything sound muffled and hard to understand.

I assume its a mic cable going to the transmitter hidden somewhere on his back.

One of the things I adore about Nolan and a selected few is that he never gave up on his 'indie roots' even when it comes to mainstream.

Most commonly you'll see a new indie director making it big and with their first mainstream film, they lose their style for something more clean and generic. For example, Gavin Hood eh went from the raw 'Tsotsi' to the bland 'Wolverine'.*

*Though a part of it was Fox.

Totally agree with you. Yeah, when you're in a theater watching trailers, you really can't tell who is behind each film even if it's made by a well known indie director, because as they become more successful their style just dissolves in the solvent of mainstream Hollywood. But when a Nolan film comes on screen- you can tell 100% it is Nolan. The man has not lost his touch, and no matter how big these movies are that he makes, his unique style is still intact. And that's just an amazing thing to see, considering the scale of these films.

Totally agree with you. Yeah, when you're in a theater watching trailers, you really can't tell who is behind each film even if it's made by a well known indie director, because as they become more successful their style just dissolves in the solvent of mainstream Hollywood. But when a Nolan film comes on screen- you can tell 100% it is Nolan. The man has not lost his touch, and no matter how big these movies are that he makes, his unique style is still intact. And that's just an amazing thing to see, considering the scale of these films.

Nolan's growth and popularity as a filmmaker was very organic. He most certainly kept his integrity as an artist didn't he?

Nolan's growth and popularity as a filmmaker was very organic. He most certainly kept his integrity as an artist didn't he?

Totally. Nolan just didn't give a **** about Hollywood; he just did his thing because he loved it , and just happened to be super successful at it. Now he just does what he wants (like he's done from the start), with Hollywood bankrolling him! He's truly an anomaly in Hollywood. All he cares about is the craft and the story he's telling. He's a true inspiration.

Only a week more of this. Better savor it! That's why I'm not sleeping this whole week, LOL! :word:

i know... its such a bittersweet end to the excitement of discovering new twists and plotpoints through SHH ninjas snooping around sets and reporting back to us, the eagerly awaiting nutjobs sitting up at all night on our computers. we have been doing this for almost a decade now, and it all ends this week. :dry:

i know... its such a bittersweet end to the excitement of discovering new twists and plotpoints through SHH ninjas snooping around sets and reporting back to us, the eagerly awaiting nutjobs sitting up at all night on our computers. we have been doing this for almost a decade now, and it all ends this week. :dry:

And yet no matter how much we know about this film, it's almost like we know nothing at all :p

all we know is, one epic street fight takes place. thats pretty much it. haha :doh:

Can't wait to see it on the big screen.

I think I'm going to have to write an overview of that scene for myself to maintain my sanity :p

It's gonna make the wait even more excruciating. :csad:

Bane's using a heavyweight boxing style of fighting when he's warming up in that vid. I trained as a boxer for 12 of my 20 years and I swear to the big man, there is no way you are getting up if someone connects with one of those hooks.
But it also leads me to, for the first time, believe that Bane is going to look a lot bigger on screen because that fighting style is very rarely used against anyone even remotely near the same size. However the fact he is mixing this style with spin kicks is scary! I have never seen that before! And the fact he can do it convincingly is brilliant!
Bane will be a force to be reckoned with in a 1 on 1 confrontation definitely.

I diont think its bittersweat at all that they are soon done filming, because after that the fun begins! Then they cant rely on the press to do the marketing for them, and chances of us getting promo pics and posters and stuff increases 100% :awesome:

However the fact he is mixing this style with spin kicks is scary! I have never seen that before! And the fact he can do it convincingly is brilliant!
Absolutely. I love those kicks. :hrt:

Obviously. He's the only villain I can imagine that could top the Joker in terms of physical or intellectual threat to Batman, as well as bring even larger scale destruction to Gotham.

:whatever:

Bane's using a heavyweight boxing style of fighting when he's warming up in that vid. I trained as a boxer for 12 of my 20 years and I swear to the big man, there is no way you are getting up if someone connects with one of those hooks.
But it also leads me to, for the first time, believe that Bane is going to look a lot bigger on screen because that fighting style is very rarely used against anyone even remotely near the same size. However the fact he is mixing this style with spin kicks is scary! I have never seen that before! And the fact he can do it convincingly is brilliant!

You learn something everyday :hrt::hrt::hrt::hrt:

Get over here nao!

Also:

I think Bane is going to become something people won't forget. As great as he looks in terms of fighting and being intimidating; Tom Hardy is playing him in a Christopher Nolan film. That just means it's going to be a meaty character in terms of emotions, devotion, method and conviction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"