The Dark Knight Rises OFFICIAL: Batman in the Burgh - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might not "sound" menacing from the descriptions some people have read but it definitely sounded menacing and unsettling in person.

I think people are reacting to the audio itself, not the descriptions of it.

"Menacing" means don't sound like an 85 year old man about to kick the bucket.

It might not "sound" menacing from the descriptions some people have read but it definitely sounded menacing and unsettling in person. Add on to the voice his physical acting and complete lack of patience ("identify yourself" ....shoves microphone into hostage's face) he'll incredibly menacing, no doubt.

Hearing this makes me so excited. I hope we get at least one scene with him talking in the full trailer

I really hope Bane's henchmen call him King.

It might not "sound" menacing from the descriptions some people have read but it definitely sounded menacing and unsettling in person. Add on to the voice his physical acting and complete lack of patience ("identify yourself" ....shoves microphone into hostage's face) he'll incredibly menacing, no doubt.

Thanks for the description, Yurka! :up: Again, color me intrigued at their choice for Bane's voice.

I really hope Bane's henchmen call him King.

I don't really know why, but I've found it hilarious how you've repeated this in more than one thread(and not in a bad way, mind you). :woot: Is there a precedent for this in the comics?

Last edited:
I've noticed that the reaction to Bane's voice is kind of like the presidential debate between JFK and Nixon (irony!); people who watched it happen/got the visual aspect of the situation have had some pretty positive reactions to the voice and the character. People who heard it (on the radio in the case of the debate) have had negative reactions to the character.

EXT. CITY HALL - DAY

Bane steps up to Batman.

BANE: Aahhh! Batman... Batman! We meet again!

BATMAN: This has to stop.

BANE: The destruction... The destruction of this city, you say, young chap?! Listen here, sonny boy, this destruction will never end!

BATMAN: Let's go, Grandpa!

Bane and Batman fight!

This makes the soundbite even more great :D

As I said in the Bane thread, actions speak louder than words and this man has broken the bat, shown intent to take over gotham, killed a man execution style dang near on the 50 yardline, stolen a contraption that could *if we are right* destroy the city unto a pile of rubble, and helped numerous homicidal inmates reach their freedom. In light of these and other actions to follow and in light of the look, how anyone can simply dismiss the man thanks to a bootleg, crude cellphone recording of his voice "*a recording that lasts only a little over one minute may I add*... I have no idea. Lastly, in the recording he sounds much more Winston Churchhill than weezing, dying old man in my opinion, but thats just me.

Thanks for the description, Yurka! :up:

I don't really know why, but I've found it hilarious how you've repeated this in more than one thread(and not in a bad way, mind you). :woot: Is there a precedent for this in the comics?
I've just been baiting people to respond :awesome:.

There's no real precedent, no. But I just think it'd be a nice little nod to Bane's father (King Snake).

As I said in the Bane thread, actions speak louder than words and this man has broken the bat, shown intent to take over gotham, killed a man execution style dang near on the 50 yardline, stolen a contraption that could *if we are right* destroy the city unto a pile of rubble, and helped numerous homicidal inmates reach their freedom. In light of these and other actions to follow and in light of the look, how anyone can simply dismiss the man thanks to a bootleg, crude cellphone recording of his voice "*a recording that lasts only a little over one minute may I add*... I have no idea. Lastly, in the recording he sounds much more Winston Churchhill than weezing, dying old man in my opinion, but thats just me.

Logic and reason will get you nowhere here. just a warning. But as for me personally, great post:)

I'm not too worried and bothered about the voice today. I feel certain that Hardy's voice will be modified in post-production. If that is the case, the possiblity of the crowd hearing Bane utter his speech will probably not hear it on film.

Am I the only that thinks the sentence fragments do not make sense? Why would Bane tell Gotham's citizens to take control of their own city, only to slaughter the attendees?

Take control of your city...

This is the instrument of your liberation...

Identify yourself to the world...

*scene*

I'd swear this must be the first time some of you have ever heard Hardy talk. Have none of you seen a movie he was in? Did none of you really know what to expect?

I left already. No where to get a good view from and security were being a pain in the neck.

Who would have guessed that Tom Hardy's Bane would sound like an English history professor from the 18th century? Not me, LOL!

EXT. FOOTBALL FIELD - DAY

Bane works the crowd.

BANE: This! This is the instrument of your liberation!

Bane is holding up a PENCIL.

BANE: Yes! Yes, my pupils! The way to success is through education! Education, I say!

A heckler in the crowd speaks up- an OLD WOMAN.

OLD WOMAN: **** you, you commi, son-of-a*****! We want more foozball!!

BAne turns to his thug KADENCE.

BANE: Kadence, would you oblige this lovely lady?

Kadence nods. Turns. FIRES at the old woman. She drops dead.

BANE: As I was saying... (clears throat) There's no substitute for a good education. And this is what I offer all of Gotham. A chance for a history lesson!!!

I'm not too worried and bothered about the voice today. I feel certain that Hardy's voice will be modified in post-production. If that is the case, the possiblity of the crowd hearing Bane utter his speech will probably not hear it on film.

Am I the only that thinks the sentence fragments do not make sense? Why would Bane tell Gotham's citizens to take control of their own city, only to slaughter the attendees?

*scene*

Yeah i was saying that last night. Really strange. Why is bane of all people telling gotham to "take control of your city"?? Thats the one that really got me. Perhaps in a twisted way..hes wanting them to join him even though hes killing them..like a dictator? thats all I could think of.

Looks are deceiving. The full seat roster fits about 65k. We were about a little less than half-filled, as only one side needed to be filmed. When you're there in person, you'll see just how large the crowd really is.

Nothing too unique. When he first walked out, he had his hands in the air as if he was welcoming his children. Other than that he was normal from what we could gather.

Also, after Tom's first take, he let out this enthusiastic "it's me everybody" two thumbs-up gesture. Incredibly funny to see him break character after he just shot a take involving him being so menacing.
Ok thanks!

Who would have guessed that Tom Hardy's Bane would sound like an English history professor from the 18th century? Not me, LOL!

EXT. FOOTBALL FIELD - DAY

Bane works the crowd.

BANE: This! This is the instrument of your liberation!

Bane is holding up a PENCIL.

BANE: Yes! Yes, my pupils! The way to success is through education! Education, I say!

A heckler in the crowd speaks up- an OLD WOMAN.

OLD WOMAN: **** you, you commi, son-of-a*****! We want more foozball!!

BAne turns to his thug KADENCE.

BANE: Kadence, would you oblige this lovely lady?

Kadence nods. Turns. FIRES at the old woman. She drops dead.

BANE: As I was saying... (clears throat) There's no substitute for a good education. And this is what I offer all of Gotham. A chance for a history lesson!!!

I actually wouldn't even mind that. Bane's coming across as a funny guy so far. May not be comic accurate but a flamboyant, intelligent funny-man with a lung problem, with idealistic plans for Gotham who is also the ultimate fighter is gold.

*scene*

Bane in the comics is shown as being intelligent, with intelligence comes charisma in many cases. Telling people to take control of their city and at the same time trying to take control of those very people is nothing more than some dictators do and those same dictators are not really all that above trying to take out a few bodies just to assert their dominance as head of the pack, basically saying "take back your city, but dont mess with me or I'll take ya out without a thought."

As for the whole "altering voices and things of that nature post production or having someone dub a voice over what was originally heard? Nolan is not one to do that. Often, if it makes the actual film, he is happy with it, and if he is not? He would have just taken Hardy aside and figured out how to do it the way Nolan wanted. I dont see him doing anything to the voice that he hasnt already suggested Hardy do naturally and that being said? I love the voice.

I'd swear this must be the first time some of you have ever heard Hardy talk. Have none of you seen a movie he was in? Did none of you really know what to expect?

The problem is (as Hardy himself stated numerous times during the fight scenes) no one can hear Tom talk when he has the mask on. Now, I don't know about you, but if Bale and those around the set can't hear Tom, then the audience won't be able to hear him as well. Take also into consideration that the IMAX cameras are extraordinary loud.

Yeah i was saying that last night. Really strange. Why is bane of all people telling gotham to "take control of your city"?? Thats the one that really got me. Perhaps in a twisted way..hes wanting them to join him even though hes killing them..like a dictator? thats all I could think of.
Thats what I'm thinking too. He wants them to riot so Bats will have a helluva lot to fix: mercs + rioting gothamites + earthquakes and such. So he can easily defeat Batman when hes all tired and finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"