Comics Official CAPTAIN BRITAIN AND MI:13 Discussion Thread

I don' think so. Lots of people are buying the book, I guess they just have nothing to say.

The Englishman said:
How about the Wisdom comic...thoughts anyone??
hmmm.. i might check it out.

Ive never really cared much for Wisdom, he always just seemed a kinda pointless character and I cant see how he could even hold up a mini.

...but then I always thought Madrox was a kinda lame character and couldnt see how he could hold up a mini. Little did I know.

The Englishman said:
How about the Wisdom comic...thoughts anyone??
I might check it out too, but mainly because of that cover. It looks funny, but, as mightiest_mortal said, I don't know if he'll be that interesting to hold up a mini

It will be a MAX title too, so you know Wisdom will be able to unleash his real character there.

I never read Excalibur so this watered down version of Pete is all I know.

NEWXCAL013_cov_col.jpg

NEW EXCALIBUR #13
Written by FRANK TIERI
Penciled by JIM CALAFIORE
Cover by MICHAEL RYAN
“UNREDEEMED” Part 1 (of 3)
Can a man really change who he is? Can he erase the past and set forth on a new future for himself? The Juggernaut has tried to make his way as a hero, but there are voices in him that are pulling him back to villainous ways. Will Juggernaut give in to the temptation?
32 PGS./Rated A ...$2.99

I hope Juggernaut stays good. Im tired of the whole bad guy turned good guy just to turn bad again routine

OutcryX said:
I hope Juggernaut stays good. Im tired of the whole bad guy turned good guy just to turn bad again routine
Im agreeing with you. After his recent characterisation and development for the past 4 years I cant see how he'd just turn back to crime because its too tempting. Wish i had more faith in Tieri to really think it wouldn't just happen anyway though. He does seem to favour shock and violence above logical storytelling and characterisation.

on the other hand though....

"Juggernaut has tried to make his way as a hero, but there are voices in him that are pulling him back to villainous ways."

Maybe the voices in his head are more literal than we realise.

yeah that would suck how did that arc end anyway.

I think they sealed them up and locked them away. Soemthing really generic.

Maybe the voices are the evil faries (rolls eyes) that Wisdom is taking on.

I don't read this book, but someone told me that Wildchild (depowered) will be appearing soon. Is that true?

I didn't hear that; though I'm very curious as to how he acts without his powers.

I just love him. He's been a fave of mine since Alpha Flight. :)

The guy I talked to came back with an edit that showed 2 preview pages from New Excaliber 9. In it it shows how Chamber got all messed up by a Sentinel but it also shows some of the Weapon X crew, including Wildchild. Apparently it was this issue he was referring to as having Wildchild in it. My question then is this, this arc that includes the nine -- is it worth picking up? Is the book good enough to buy? Does it show Wild child beyond one page? [confused and curious]

EDIT-- I have never been known for good impulse control so to satisfy my curiousity I went out and bought the last few issues of this series starting with the #7. While it really had nothing to say about Wildchild the book was better than I expected with one exception. I really don't care for what Chamber looks like now. Yeah, he got a face back, but he looks like Apocolypse on Crack or something. Not too happy 'bout that. I am however, enjoying the warming relationship that is growing between Talia and Juggernaut. A strange combo to be sure, but I like it. :D It's enough to keep me reading this, at least for a while.

newexcalibur11c.jpg

newexcalibur111.jpg

newexcalibur112.jpg

newexcalibur113.jpg

newexcalibur114.jpg

newexcalibur115.jpg

The solicitation says:

New Excalibur #11 will arrive in stores on Sept. 13 from Marvel Comics. The issue is written by Frank Tieri, with art and cover by Michael Ryan.

Here's how Marvel describes the book:

"'The Last Days of Camelot,' part 2 of 3. It's time-travel time! New Excalibur is called upon to save King Arthur and his legendary Camelot from total destruction. But what exactly is it that has devastated this once mighty realm? It's not what you think! Guest-starring Black Knight! "

New Excalibur #11 will be 32 pages and will cost $2.99.

This book is starting to look major sweet, Pete wisdom is leader, when did this happen and whats with dazzlers costume really cool?

I love the way Wisdom says he's the team leader and they're not going!

And then they all laugh at him. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"