Official Halo Thread

I meant is there gonna be anymore armor added to the game so we can spend our points on it?

Probably not.

I can't wait for GameInformer's 14-page cover story :awesome:.

I'm loving what I see in those scans. I was somewhat let down by Reach, I'm hoping Halo 4 renews my love of Halo.

Along with the graphical upgrade and the level design, the facial capturing looks like it's going to be very impressive. :wow:

I'm loving what I see in those scans. I was somewhat let down by Reach, I'm hoping Halo 4 renews my love of Halo.

That seems to be the case for most people. Reach was a good game but it just didn't feel as fun as Halo 3.

wow... just wow. The scans have made my excitement for Halo 4 go above the roof. I am just getting great vibes from this game, mainly how important they're taking the story where as I felt the campaign to past halo's to be underwhelming, for me at least, Reach I found to be a great step but only one thing worries me: the covenant. I wonder why they'd bring them back if they didn't serve a bigger purpose, especially when they said they wouldnt be the enemy...

I almost wonder if the fore runners are controlling them or perhaps they're from one of the shield worlds... from a long, long, time ago; since the shield worlds are safe from a halo firing. And left the planet to free themselves? Idk just speculating. What do you guys assume we can expect from the campaign?

I would have had more fun with Reach if we got to play as Chief and his team.

Man, Cortana looks impressive. Overall, I really love the graphic update and added details.

I would have had more fun with Reach if we got to play as Chief and his team.

I must be part of the minority, that didn't mind that Master Chief wasn't playable in Reach and ODST. Still enjoyed the games.

That seems to be the case for most people. Reach was a good game but it just didn't feel as fun as Halo 3.

Thats the consensus I got. Reach was fun, but the MP left something to be desired. Halo 3 and and Halo 2 still stand as the pinnacle of my MP enjoyment.

Man, Cortana looks impressive. Overall, I really love the graphic update and added details.

I must be part of the minority, that didn't mind that Master Chief wasn't playable in Reach and ODST. Still enjoyed the games.

I enjoy ODST.. But by the time Reach came around I was ready to play as Chief again. That will make Halo 4 that much sweeter.

If the Forerunners are in this game, I hope to God they look like this:

Level_12_promethean.jpg

I was thinking Shockwave, but Geth it is :dry:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...-Spartan-Ops-as-Multiplayer-Details-Drop.html

Halo 4's Firefight Replaced By Spartan Ops as Multiplayer Details Drop

richard-walker.png
Halo 4's Firefight Replaced By Spartan Ops as Multiplayer Details Drop
Written Wednesday, April 11, 2012 By Richard Walker
View author's profile
A whole raft of fresh Halo 4 multiplayer details nicked from the pages of the latest issue of Game Informer have made their way onto NeoGAF, revealing an array of juicy tidbits regarding the new Spartan Ops mode that'll be replacing Firefight, and a host of changes that'll fundamentally alter how multiplayer works in Halo 4.
Firefight has been removed from Halo 4 then, and Spartan Ops takes its place. Spartan Ops is apparently similar in size and scope to the single-player campaign, will work something like Modern Warfare 2 and 3's Spec Ops mode, and will boast an episodic narrative with several months' of DLC adding the equivalent of extra seasons. Like the campaign, it'll be playable in 4-player co-op.
You'll earn Spartan Points that you can spend on armour upgrades, new armour and abilities, as well as new Spartan Ops missions. Armour abilities will return with a few new ones, including Forerunner Vision that enables you to weed out campers by seeing through walls. Active Camo, Hologram and the Jetpack are all returning armour abilities. Sprint meanwhile, will be a default ability at all times.
Weapon camping has also been eradicated in multiplayer, with random weapon drops descending in pods, while 343 has also got rid of respawn delay. Hitting X will instantly get you back into the action. There's even a backstory for the eternal battle between Red vs. Blue, with it all being part of a training simulation in a Holodeck-type virtual reality aboard the UNSC Infinity. As a result, there'll be no Elites joining the party.
Finally, in non-multiplayer news, some rudimentary Halo 4 story details have also emerged, revealing that Master Chief's curvy AI partner, Cortana is on her last legs, and during the game's sweeping narrative you'll encounter the mysterious ancient alien race, the Forerunners.
For more Halo 4, watch our video interview with 343 Industries' Josh Holmes. Halo 4 is out this holiday 2012. Here's a screenshot leaked from Game Informer via AGB. Enjoy.
Glad sprint is going to be a default ability.

Last edited:
i agree, they are super soldiers but yet they have never been able to sprint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"