Official Halo Thread

It looks just like Halo with better graphics. It sounds promising but if this multiplayer is anything like Reach I'll be turned off quickly. Personally I think 2 was the best multiplayer shooter I EVER played. I'd also like for there to be a spirit button, without a damn perk. You're supposed to be this super solider spartan. I'd like to run once in a while.
You'd think it'd be a pretty basic function. Even the mere mortals of Battlefield & CoD can break out into a run every now and then! Also **** perks!

You know, when 343 Studios announced a Halo 4 project, I was a bit ecstatic. Halo 3 had turned out to be a severe letdown and disappointment to me. Halo Wars, ODST, and Reach filled a temporary void in my heart that was Master Chief. Then arrived the day Halo 4 was made official to the public, and the studio released an awesome teaser.

I giggled like a school girl solely because of the potential the series displayed with the enormous Halo Universe that the creators themselves had created out of scratch. I figured, a new engaging story with new characters was to be bestowed upon us. Not to mention, with Bungie out of the picture, 343 could go on to explore, tweak or re-invent the glitches and gameplay, and re-revolutionize the First-Person Shooter genre yet again...

Oh, how wrong I was again. :csad:

We barely know enough to completely decry Halo 4 as a failure. Deeming it so is beyond premature.

You know, when 343 Studios announced a Halo 4 project, I was a bit ecstatic. Halo 3 had turned out to be a severe letdown and disappointment to me. Halo Wars, ODST, and Reach filled a temporary void in my heart that was Master Chief. Then arrived the day Halo 4 was made official to the public, and the studio released an awesome teaser.

I giggled like a school girl solely because of the potential the series displayed with the enormous Halo Universe that the creators themselves had created out of scratch. I figured, a new engaging story with new characters was to be bestowed upon us. Not to mention, with Bungie out of the picture, 343 could go on to explore, tweak or re-invent the glitches and gameplay, and re-revolutionize the First-Person Shooter genre yet again...

Dumbest thing I've seen today. We've literally seen 4 seconds of gameplay and heard maybe 3 sentences about the multiplayer and you're already deeming it a failure. Wow, just wow

Dumbest thing I've seen today. We've literally seen 4 seconds of gameplay and heard maybe 3 sentences about the multiplayer and you're already deeming it a failure. Wow, just wow

Yes. Wow, just wow. :whatever:

If it's a rehash, then yes. I won't even bother to pick this up, and I'll proclaim it a failure. The 'Reclaimer' Trilogy should stay the hell away from the 'Covenant/Flood' Trilogy's gameplay and story arc. And from what I've seen and heard, it's not.

There are strong rumors circulating on the Halo Boards that The Covenant fractions and/or Flood will return as the primary antagonists (even though the Legendary Ending and Teaser indicated otherwise with the Shield World). I was hoping the Precursor/Forerunner/Promethean rumors would be the direction that 343 run to, but those rumors haven't pop up in quite some time.

If the Flood rumors are indeed true, then Halo 4 is merely a carbon copy of Halo 1.5 (aka Halo 3) -- only with CoD perks and enhanced graphics.

If I'm wrong, I'll proudly eat crow but we shall see. Right now, I'm not liking ANYTHING about Halo 4 (other than Master Chief's new armor).

Here's hoping I'm wrong about the gameplay, story arc and villain(s).

Take this for what it's worth:
Frank O'Connor said:
I’ve responded to it a couple of times. There aren’t ‘perks’ in the game as being described here. And classic Halo is still there. But there are things we will be rolling out soon to put all of this discussion in a much better perspective and I suspect calm frayed nerves.

I can understand people being apprehensive about perks and customizable load outs (hell, I'm one of them), but I cannot understand why people are getting so bent out of shape over sprint. The members on the Waypoint Forums are going ape**** over it.

If everybody has it, what's the problem?

Last edited:
Because people out there think that because they use sprint over everything else that they're magically better than everyone else.

Yes. Wow, just wow. :whatever:

If it's a rehash, then yes. I won't even bother to pick this up, and I'll proclaim it a failure. The 'Reclaimer' Trilogy should stay the hell away from the 'Covenant/Flood' Trilogy's gameplay and story arc. And from what I've seen and heard, it's not.

There are strong rumors circulating on the Halo Boards that The Covenant fractions and/or Flood will return as the primary antagonists (even though the Legendary Ending and Teaser indicated otherwise with the Shield World). I was hoping the Precursor/Forerunner/Promethean rumors would be the direction that 343 run to, but those rumors haven't pop up in quite some time.

If the Flood rumors are indeed true, then Halo 4 is merely a carbon copy of Halo 1.5 (aka Halo 3) -- only with CoD perks and enhanced graphics.

If I'm wrong, I'll proudly eat crow but we shall see. Right now, I'm not liking ANYTHING about Halo 4 (other than Master Chief's new armor).

Here's hoping I'm wrong about the gameplay, story arc and villain(s).

Didn't they say in the vidoc that there is a whole new antagonist? For now, I'll trust what's in that video moreso then rumors on a message board. But let's hope we don't see The Flood again in the Halo series. The Covenant, I wouldn't mind, but I don't want them playing a big role in the story.

The Flood sucks :o.

Didn't they say in the vidoc that there is a whole new antagonist? For now, I'll trust what's in that video moreso then rumors on a message board. But let's hope we don't see The Flood again in the Halo series. The Covenant, I wouldn't mind, but I don't want them playing a big role in the story.

That's my biggest fear right now. There have been a few leaks on the Xbox and Halo forums (which Mircosoft has deleted) that indicate The Flood would return and work themselves back as the main antagonist of the trilogy.

The Flood sucks :o.

The Flood was a fine adversary for the original trilogy, but I want the Precusors and/or The Forerunners.

I would love to see the new trilogy be linked to the forerunners or anything new for that matter. That said they can still do great work with the Covenant if they choose to go with that. The Flood not so much. Even if they use Covenant they can use new characters and as long as they have the passion and the tools, Halo could still be in good hands. The next game is certainly crucial to the future of the Halo franchise.

I would love to see the new trilogy be linked to the forerunners or anything new for that matter. That said they can still do great work with the Covenant if they choose to go with that. The Flood not so much. Even if they use Covenant they can use new characters and as long as they have the passion and the tools, Halo could still be in good hands. The next game is certainly crucial to the future of the Halo franchise.

I wouldn't mind if The Covenant were to be a minor player in the new trilogy but anything higher than that should be a no-no, in my book. This trilogy should be a whole new chapter for Master Chief.

I wouldn't mind if The Covenant were to be a minor player in the new trilogy but anything higher than that should be a no-no, in my book. This trilogy should be a whole new chapter for Master Chief.
I certainly agree with you, just would also not fully write everything off if they do decide to stay with them. The news of course is nowhere near as exciting with the same villains, but a good game is a good game whether the villains are the same/different or certain elements aren't revolutionised.

Still too early, but what they showed seemed promising.

The facial expression stuff alone seems like a MAJOR step forward.

Are they gonna make any more new things so people can keep buying things after they have already bought everything?

cov_229_l.jpg

That's the cover? Not bad....

Oh, Cortana......:awesome:

Looking good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back