Days of Future Past Official Jason Flemyng cast as Azazel Thread

The Shot of Mystique In bed suggests Mystique may be seducing someone or at very less using her sexuality.She turns into blue form In bed.Possibly Azarel or even magneto prefer her In blue form.

Shaw may be taking helment from magneto.We don't know if he gives It to magneto.

I'm pretty sure Mystique was in a bed in the mansion. And I don't think Magneto would give Shaw the helmet. I'm not sure what it has to do with Azazel, really, either.

Just speculation.

Azazel's main plot is basically to impregnate as many women as possible, especially ones with weirder looks. Like, Mystique, for instance. Could possibly be changed for the film though. Like, for how and why he's seen with the Hellfire club. I don't know. None of us do, not for sure. We'll see when the movie comes out. Until then, we can just speculate with the shots given in the trailer:

Azazel, is seen with the Hellfire club. Shaw, or at least someone in an suit alike Shaw's is holding the gray helmet that Magneto will wear, whilst Emma Frost, or someone wearing Emma's outfit, stands in the background. Erik, is seen in a picture wearing that helmet. Mystique, who appears alongside the X-men, at least whilst Magneto is with them, will eventually leave with Erik when he and Charles depart ways. And at some point, she will be pregnant with Azazel's son...

Unless, they go down that route of the Wolverine game with John Wraith asking Mystique how she feels about the name 'Kurt?' Lol, but let's hope not.

I'm pretty sure Mystique was in a bed in the mansion. And I don't think Magneto would give Shaw the helmet. I'm not sure what it has to do with Azazel, really, either.
ya, I don't think magneto gives Shaw the helmet... I think in that scene he probably takes from him

or maybe the helmet was shaw's in the first place, and magnetos steals it from him...?

Just speculation.

Azazel's main plot is basically to impregnate as many women as possible, especially ones with weirder looks. Like, Mystique, for instance. Could possibly be changed for the film though. Like, for how and why he's seen with the Hellfire club. I don't know. None of us do, not for sure. We'll see when the movie comes out. Until then, we can just speculate with the shots given in the trailer:

Azazel, is seen with the Hellfire club. Shaw, or at least someone in an suit alike Shaw's is holding the gray helmet that Magneto will wear, whilst Emma Frost, or someone wearing Emma's outfit, stands in the background. Erik, is seen in a picture wearing that helmet. Mystique, who appears alongside the X-men, at least whilst Magneto is with them, will eventually leave with Erik when he and Charles depart ways. And at some point, she will be pregnant with Azazel's son...

Unless, they go down that route of the Wolverine game with John Wraith asking Mystique how she feels about the name 'Kurt?' Lol, but let's hope not.

The first part was a joke right?

And your second part made no sense what so ever, or maybe thats just me.

ya, I don't think magneto gives Shaw the helmet... I think in that scene he probably takes from him

or maybe the helmet was shaw's in the first place, and magnetos steals it from him...?

You could be onto something there.

Maybe Mystique seduces Azazel to get secret information. That would be James Bond-ish :yay:

The first part was a joke right?

And your second part made no sense what so ever, or maybe thats just me.

I usually don't engage in internet bickering, but I'll explain myself in this one.

The first part was me saying that until the movie comes out, fans can only speculate about what happens for sure.

Then I explained the plot of Azazel, as taken from the comics, which can be found on his own Wikipedia page, so check that out.

Next, I stated the facts of happenings that we can see from the moments presented in the trailer, tidbits of scenes for which we can only guess how they all fit together into the film itself. (See: Speculation)

And to finish the bit off, John Wraith, in the Wolverine Game, is seen with Mystique for a second, asking her how she feels about the name "Kurt?" I guess as a cheap way to hint that Wraith was supposed to be Nightcrawler's father, due to their similarities in teleportation.

That has, as far as we know, been ignored for this film, as Azazel is brought in to, one might speculate, act as Kurt's real father.

We'll see. I don't like to think that anybody is necessarily right or wrong until the film itself comes out and we can see for ourselves :yay:

well considering how that story was already done and proven that Magneto wasnt her father...it didnt make sense to go back and then make her his daughter

Well, as it tuns out, a nobody lab tech is apparently better at figuring out parentage than an award-winning geneticist like Moira McTaggert.. go figure :whatever:

I think Azazel is one of the changes I don't really mind when it comes to this movie. His character and story in the comics is ridiculous, he could stand to be turned into something more down to earth (well compared to the comics).

I think Azazel is one of the changes I don't really mind when it comes to this movie. His character and story in the comics is ridiculous, he could stand to be turned into something more down to earth (well compared to the comics).

The idea of the character itself is ridiculous. Lets assume there was a valid reason why they wanted to retcon Kurt being the biological son of a German aristocrat. Even so, having the true father be a red version of Nightcrawler with the same powers and all is all just asinine. Mutants don't have to look like their parents!!! There was no need to explain Kurt having a tail and being furry because the mutation IS the explanation. Regular humans have mutant babies in Marvel U all the time, are we supposed to go and re-write all mutant history because all deformed mutant kids have to have an equally deformed parent? It's ridiculous... and don't even get me started on the whole mutant "demon" thing. Stupid stupid stupid. Like I said in another thread, it was bad enough to see this crap in print, now it's going to stink up another medium. Yay

The idea of the character itself is ridiculous. Lets assume there was a valid reason why they wanted to retcon Kurt being the biological son of a German aristocrat. Even so, having the true father be a red version of Nightcrawler with the same powers and all is all just asinine. Mutants don't have to look like their parents!!! There was no need to explain Kurt having a tail and being furry because the mutation IS the explanation. Regular humans have mutant babies in Marvel U all the time, are we supposed to go and re-write all mutant history because all deformed mutant kids have to have an equally deformed parent? It's ridiculous... and don't even get me started on the whole mutant "demon" thing. Stupid stupid stupid. Like I said in another thread, it was bad enough to see this crap in print, now it's going to stink up another medium. Yay

I agree 100% and add another 50% for Vaughn getting Jason Flemyng to play him :whatever:

Dude, I really like your posts
icon14.gif
. You seem to cut throught the bull**** and say what I think alot of folks are thinking [but don't say out of respect for those that want to remain positive about the film].

Personally, when I saw Azazel in the "unapproved" shot, I wanted to puke. Same with Cat/Wolfman Beast.

Not sure why Vaughn (and Singer) would want this other than to put another teleporter in the film. The creative teams seem to think teleporters are a guaranteed success in popcorn films, but I dissagree. We got it in X2 and we really didn't need more of it. I see this as a poor rehash of X2's nightcrawler. Nothing more. I wish we coulda gotten someone else in his place, anyone else really.

I'm going into this film as if going into the never-made David Goyer Magneto Origins film. Having a young Xavier is just a bonus :yay: everything else is completely unappealing to me.

I'm a huge Nightcrawler fan (duh) and I love that Azazel is in this because that means we'll probably see some reference to the conception of Kurt. The whole argument that the baby doesn't need to look like/have the same powers as it's mutant parents is valid, but it's also invalid. It's like real genetics... kind of unpredictable!

Well, neither of Nightcrawler's parents have 3 fingers.

They must be related.

I am kind of suprised they are gonna dwelve into Nightcrawlers origin, especially when he was only in on of the x-men films.Youd think they might try and explain Jean Grey,Cyclops or even Storm .

Well, Nightcrawler got a lot of positive feedback. He was really popular in the film. And since this is basically Mystique's origin film, it makes sense to throw in some references to Kurt.

Nightcrawler Is a very popular X-man.Alan Cumming's performance was called one of best
portrayls of comic book characters on screen.It's Isn't surprising they would want to call
back to him.And there was reason they choose Azarel as one of Shaw's henchmen.

Azarel IS almost certainly going to be portrayed as mutant and not demon.

He's basically Bizzaro-Nightcrawler in the film, and I love it.

Nightcrawler Is a very popular X-man.Alan Cumming's performance was called one of best
portrayls of comic book characters on screen.It's Isn't surprising they would want to call
back to him.And there was reason they choose Azarel as one of Shaw's henchmen.

Azarel IS almost certainly going to be portrayed as mutant and not demon.

His accent was brilliant. Just perfect.

Cummings stole the film in several of the scenes he was in.

I agree 100% and add another 50% for Vaughn getting Jason Flemyng to play him :whatever:

Dude, I really like your posts
icon14.gif
. You seem to cut throught the bull**** and say what I think alot of folks are thinking [but don't say out of respect for those that want to remain positive about the film].

Personally, when I saw Azazel in the "unapproved" shot, I wanted to puke. Same with Cat/Wolfman Beast.

Not sure why Vaughn (and Singer) would want this other than to put another teleporter in the film. The creative teams seem to think teleporters are a guaranteed success in popcorn films, but I dissagree. We got it in X2 and we really didn't need more of it. I see this as a poor rehash of X2's nightcrawler. Nothing more. I wish we coulda gotten someone else in his place, anyone else really.

I'm going into this film as if going into the never-made David Goyer Magneto Origins film. Having a young Xavier is just a bonus :yay: everything else is completely unappealing to me.

Thanks man. :word: I've shied away from participating in the forums because I understand folks have a right to stay positive and cheery about these films if they want to, and I don't want to seem like a troll. But I do look in often and comment from time to time.

The whole argument that the baby doesn't need to look like/have the same powers as it's mutant parents is valid, but it's also invalid. It's like real genetics... kind of unpredictable!
The reason for pointing that out was to show that the whole concept of Azazel was a poorly, lazily developed story.
I too love Nightcrawler and if his backstory was going to be developed further I would have liked something done right. If you're going to make his father a mutant that Mystique cheated on the German guy with, great. But if you're going to bother creating such a character then at least make him something new and original. Not a red carbon copy of Kurt. By doing that you cheapen your new character AND the original, because suddenly he's not as unique as he was before... specially with all of the brothers and sisters that the same story spawned.
Kurt's appearance and the fact that he was often called a demon was a device that showed the prejudice that he was subjected to. The fact that he would overcome these things would prove how wrong these vile people were.
Now after this story by making his father and actual "demon", then all of those people actually had a point by calling him a demon, even if they were still bigots.
I know many people don't care to analyze those details or even care about continuity in the books but I do. I guess we just have to agree to disagree on that point.

I do agree with some of what you said later. The reason for Azazel in this movie is because of the positive reaction to Kurt in X2. They wanted to cash in on that and since there was no feasible way to include Nightcrawler in this story then they went with the red one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"