• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official JLA discussion thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
:up:

Animal Man written by Morrison was :awesome: his Animal Man comic books were fab :up:

And of course the indie stuff. The Filth. The Invisibles. Stuff I haven't read yet.

The Invisibles suffer's Grant Morrison's weakness: Mediocore endings. I mean you gotta admit that is at times his only weakness, he doesn't know how to do an awesome ending, tho i loved the ending for All Star Supes. The last shot of Superman and the Superman 2 Logo we're really powerful in my opinion.

All Star Superman is :awesome: sauce

The Invisibles was my favouritest Morrison comic book I loves that series with all of my love

Have not read the filth yet

Is it good 'Nubs

The Invisibles suffer's Grant Morrison's weakness: Mediocore endings. I mean you gotta admit that is at times his only weakness, he doesn't know how to do an awesome ending, tho i loved the ending for All Star Supes. The last shot of Superman and the Superman 2 Logo we're really powerful in my opinion.

Yeah, that's something that Morrison himself has said catches him sometimes, but I agree, All Star really broke that trend pretty hardcore. I haven't finished The Invisibles, yet, though. I'm waiting to get the whole thing and read it all the way through.

That would be unwise. I can only read one Morrison trade at a time without having to break it up with something less heady. Otherwise I find myself mumbling to myself about worlds in scars and French patriots playing scat games with the hired help.

Invisibles' last volume is generally good, but it doesn't hold that much great final moments, even when the last issue was drawn by Quitely.

Invisibles' last volume is generally good, but it doesn't hold that much great final moments, even when the last issue was drawn by Quitely.

I know most seem to be pretty mixed on it. I remember reading he had to cut down from 25 issues to 12 dues to sales, so maybe that had something to do with it.

That would be unwise. I can only read one Morrison trade at a time without having to break it up with something less heady. Otherwise I find myself mumbling to myself about worlds in scars and French patriots playing scat games with the hired help.

Oh, yeah, I'll probably do a degree of buffering between them, but I just want to have it all there at once so I can access when I want. I read the first volume on its own, but I keep hearing it's something that builds on itself so much you should read it all fresh as possible.

Yeah, that's something that Morrison himself has said catches him sometimes, but I agree, All Star really broke that trend pretty hardcore. I haven't finished The Invisibles, yet, though. I'm waiting to get the whole thing and read it all the way through.

Neat i think you will dig it :up:

Oh 'Nubs :awesome:

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #54 Preview

fmsw2c.jpg

Eclipso deserted her and she was eaten by sharks... true story. Happened a few years ago in a mini series that also had Spectre and Dr. Fate. I forget the title; Countdown to Mystery or something like that.

The artist who drew those pages. He's not a favorite of mine, in case that wasn't clear. ;)

Eclipso goes through more people than Chlamydia.

I think I'd honestly rather watch the JLA fight Chlamydia.

Eclipso deserted her and she was eaten by sharks... true story. Happened a few years ago in a mini series that also had Spectre and Dr. Fate. I forget the title; Countdown to Mystery or something like that.

:dry:

Whut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"