Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The Perfect Storm: Part 2"

OR

"Deadliest Catch: The Movie"

Seriously, such an awful trailer.

I'm hopeful for the film, don't get me wrong. But it's a suck-o first look.

PS: Hate the music.

Butterfly wing trapped in a chain link

I don't know how that could happen without someone putting it there. Lex Luthor?

....But that sizzle reel was created specifically for Comic Con though. Action shots will be included in the next trailer and I'm hoping that it will be released with The Hobbit in December.

I wish they had put a couple of them in the teaser, would've been cool with the voiceover and music selection.

I don't think I've ever been moved as much but a teaser trailer as much as I was for Man of Steel. This seemed grand, realistic and emotional and in such a different scope than I think we were going to get with our first released look. I love it, it makes sense why this film may have had an original winter release because this looks like something challenging Oscar season as opposed to summer thrills...and I LOVE THAT.

In a summer dominated by an Iron Man 3 and Wolverine visits Japan, I love that Superman may have an edge above them.

I like them. Short and powerful.

Trailer was good. I just hope it doesn't take itself too seriously for its own good. However, I'm looking forward to it.

Also....what is up with Superman having a contrail while he is flying? Doesn't that happen from gas emissions from jets and plane. Unless Superman is shooting out some powerful gas out of his butt it looks a bit goofy to me. It cheapens an already awesome flying scene.

It was definitely a tease. I don't think it will leave enough of an impact to interest GA.

Trailer was good. I just hope it doesn't take itself too seriously for its own good. However, I'm looking forward to it.

Also....what is up with Superman having a contrail while he is flying? Doesn't that happen from gas emissions from jets and plane. Unless Superman is shooting out some powerful gas out of his butt it looks a bit goofy to me. It cheapens an already awesome flying scene.

not all the time:

Contrails ( /ˈkɒntreɪlz/; short for "condensation trails") or vapour trails are long thin artificial clouds that sometimes form behind aircraft. Their formation is most often triggered by the water vapour in the exhaust of aircraft engines, but can also be triggered by the changes in air pressure in wingtip vortices or in the air over the entire wing surface. Like all clouds, contrails are made of water, in the form of a suspension of billions of liquid droplets or ice crystals.

So Superman flying through the air would cause changes in air pressure and cause contrails

I really love the trailer, the cinematography, the iconography as well. It's a subtle but powerful image to see the boy strike Supes' pose at the end there. I also noticed that the teaser really mirrors the Batman Begins one. For someone who didn't know what it was, I imagine they wouldn't have known it was a Superman film until the reveal at the end. The Begins trailer had dialog and shots that didn't resemble a Batman film until the reveal of Batman at the end, and I think the approach works well for both of them. I'll reserve any judgment until we see more footage and get a better sense of the story/tone, but right now I'm cautiously optimistic - strong cast, strong production team/director/writers - that this may be a step in the right direction.

Seems kinda of dark and cold. I wanna see a proper trailer because this one kinda feels depressing lol.

It's like Superman in the real world. Exactly the opposite of what SR gave us. I can't wait to see more as it comes our way. So far I have the feeling Man of Steel is gonna be a very special film.

I like the realistic tone and attention to little details and how there seems to be deep underlining meanings like the butterfly, bird, ship, etc. The cinematography looks fantastic. I have read where some people don't like the flying, but I thought it looked awesome. He looked faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive... There was nothing gimmicky about it.

I know the teaser was short, but I loved it. It wasn't a 'beat up the bad guys' cliche fest. We're getting something quite remarkable. Russell Crowe's voice over was made of win. I know it's early to judge, so I don't want to raise my expectations too high, but so far I have to take my hat off to Synder going off signature style and what I'm guessing is Nolan's heavy influence.

Sorry if this has been posted already, but you can watch the official trailer at Yahoo Movies now: http://movies.yahoo.com/video/ymovies-6393699/man-of-steel-trailer-1a-30051313.html

not all the time:

Contrails ( /ˈkɒntreɪlz/; short for "condensation trails") or vapour trails are long thin artificial clouds that sometimes form behind aircraft. Their formation is most often triggered by the water vapour in the exhaust of aircraft engines, but can also be triggered by the changes in air pressure in wingtip vortices or in the air over the entire wing surface. Like all clouds, contrails are made of water, in the form of a suspension of billions of liquid droplets or ice crystals.

So Superman flying through the air would cause changes in air pressure and cause contrails
Okay, I actually didn't know that. I don't know though...it still seems weird aesthetically speaking. I hope they don't do that too often in the film.

I just saw the teaser again and liked it more the second time. I think the reason the tone is so depressing is because WB has to really let audience know that this is VERY different from the previous Superman movies especially after Bryan Singer was suppose to give the franchise a fresh start and ended up copying the original's tone and style. I think the next trailer will probably give a better understanding of what the film is like but overall it looks promising and I'm excited to see it.

Can someone please provide a link to a 1080p MP4 version of the Apple trailer, please?

Th trailer was odd, its basically just random things, and for a character thats struggling to get in touch with modern audiences after the failure of SR, you would think they would show some money shots. a scene where superman flys, is something people have seen a million times.

I know but we have never seen such a beautiful realistic flying shot IMHO. I love it.

Can someone please provide a link to a 1080p MP4 version of the Apple trailer, please?

By Apple trailer which one do you mean?

Okay, I actually didn't know that. I don't know though...it still seems weird aesthetically speaking. I hope they don't do that too often in the film.

I just saw the teaser again and liked it more the second time. I think the reason the tone is so depressing is because WB has to really let audience know that this is VERY different from the previous Superman movies especially after Bryan Singer was suppose to give the franchise a fresh start and ended up copying the original's tone and style. I think the next trailer will probably give a better understanding of what the film is like but overall it looks promising and I'm excited to see it.

The last superman movie was to moody and depressing, one of the reasons why it failed. superman moped around and brooded, because he couldn't be with Lois,and she had moved on and had his love child etc.

This has a 'feel good' positive vibe going on. It's more gritty and realistic but that fits with modern society. I find it uplifting to be honest.

I know but we have never seen such a beautiful realistic flying shot IMHO. I love it.

By Apple trailer which one do you mean?

It was a amazing shot, but you think thats gonna peak the general audience interest, anymore then the SR teasers did in 2006? Shots of Clark fishing and smallville, while Jor-el gives yet another melodramatic voice over, about how Kal-el will inspire humans etc.

You can sort of see that sepia tone seeping through.

This has a 'feel good' positive vibe going on. It's more gritty and realistic but that fits with modern society. I find it uplifting to be honest.

whats realistic about this trailer? the alien flying through the sky, in a colorful costume?

are the trailers available for download yet in hd?

It was a amazing shot, but you think thats gonna peak the general audience interest, anymore then the SR teasers did in 2006? Shots of Clark fishing and smallville, while Jor-el gives yet another melodramatic voice over, about how Kal-el will inspire humans etc.

I think so. The teaser offers just enough of a tease that I think most people would want to find out what else is in store. If they show everything and make it look completely Superman signature like SR did, general audience would say "I already saw that movie and it sucked."

If anyone expected Clark to be a cardboard ready made hero, you're going to be in for a disappointment. Everyone is brooding with a chip on their shoulder these days. It's part of character development.

whats realistic about this trailer? the alien flying through the sky, in a colorful costume?

No, the fact that they took a colorful costume alien character and made me buy into it. Looks realer than any other Superman movie I've seen so far.

Some people need to realize that this is a teaser trailer. It's not going to have 7000 action shots in a teaser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"