Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Zod screams "I WILL FIND HIM!!" it seems he's in restraints and talking to some type of authority figure.

Who is he talking to?

For some reason, I think its Lara, Supes birthmother who Zod is talking to. I could be wrong.

When Zod screams "I WILL FIND HIM!!" it seems he's in restraints and talking to some type of authority figure.

Who is he talking to?
I presumed he was yelling al Jor-el about finding his son (hunting him down) when he finally escapes from the phantom zone.

Ah okay, thank you. That makes sense. I love Michael Shannon. He looks terrifyingly badass.

While I've been cautiously optimistic about this for some time, this trailer made me feel all sorts of joy again to see Superman on the big screen. I keep gushing every time I hear Jor-El say the line "In time they will join you in the sun". Damn I;m excited now!

So what is that big octopus type monster, the thanagarian snarebeast? Did Jon Peters finally get his giant type spider monster? He is the executive producer on this!

Last edited:
So what is that big octopus type monster, the thanagarian snarebeast? Did Jon Peters finally get his giant type spider monster in this?

Maybe a foreshadowing of Brainiac?

Oh please yes.

So what is that big octopus type monster, the thanagarian snarebeast? Did Jon Peters finally get his giant type spider monster in this? He is the executive producer on this!

I wonder if it is the long rumored giant robot. Based on the rest of the trailer, it seems like a lot of Kryptonian technology has a lot of fluid, organic shapes.

I wonder if it is the long rumored giant robot. Based on the rest of the trailer, it seems like a lot of Kryptonian technology has a lot of fluid, organic shapes.

A while back, I was hoping that movie version of Braniac would be an AI-based mecha-organic type of threat when presented physically....but one would think i this that it's primarily a weapon of Zod's.

Last edited:
Maybe a foreshadowing of Brainiac?

:csad::dry::yay::woot::awesome::exp:

My thoughts exactly, although I wouldn't be surprised(and saddened) if it turns out to be not related to Brainiac at all.

In seeing how Superman is coming across onscreen in the latest trailer, I think the sky's the limit for Zack Snyder, Chris Nolan, and David Goyer on adapting any Superman comic storyline like Doomsday, H'el On Earth, Earth One, Brainiac, Last Son, For Tomorrow, etc.

Luckily, we don't have to see Henry Cavill wearing the :super: t-shirt, jeans, and cape like in Grant Morrison's version of Superman. That would fit Tom Welling.

From this point onwards to the movie's release, I will be watching the trailer everyday.

A while back, I was hoping that movie version of Braniac would be an AI-based mecha-organic type of threat when presented physically....but one would think i this that it's primarily a weapon of Zod's.

Agreed. This seems like part of Zod's arsenal. Wasn't there a toy commercial mock-up or something that leaked a long time ago and it had an Incredibles-style multi-legged robot? This thing is probably what the toy was based off of.

It would be great if that giant spider/octopus/machine was a forshadowing of Brainiac!

Wheather or not you liked Frank Millers portrayal of Superman or not in The Dark Knight Strikes Back, his portrayl of Brainiac was awesome imo. That is what the giant robot with tentacle arms reminds me of in the trailer.

Little bit of my views on Brainiac from a while back.....

Screw threatening...I mean an entire population of zebras on a huge African plain...vaporized in one shot....turning a 1000-acre area into the surface of a dead planet under a nuclear winter.

And also, I like the idea of Braniac being an AI-based mecha-organic being that can take on various shapes and sizes....moreso than just an android. The kind of presence that can infiltrate all technology on Earth and send entire fleets of fighter planes/warships after Superman or anyone else, while sending a bullet-train out of control in Japan and launching nuclear weapons from Russia all at the same time. Stuff like that. And instead of a mano-e-mano fight against him as a humanoid whatever...fight him when he's a gigantic tentacled mecha-monster or what not, with massive collateral damage and calamity at every turn.

Don't just have Supes simply lift him into space like a big rock like he did in....that other movie... :oldrazz:

Kal-El gets his curls from his mom, Lara, just like in Birthright. :up:

I love that this movie is basically Birthright+Earth One+For Tomorrow.

The shot of Superman exiting the FOS was pure Alex Ross.

Krypton exploding!
93954062.png

Everything Krypton related that Ive seen from this movie gives me the chills...much different from the Donner version of Krypton, thats for sure.

Is this the assassination of Jor-El by Zod, while he was in his ship at his hangar before he could take off and was blown up by Zod's ship?
54473814.png
Is this Lara mourning the loss of Jor-El?
43836068.png

This is Zod making a threat to Lara at his trial for murdering Jor-El, "You think your son is safe?"
57091125.png
Zod is swearing to find Kal-El out of revenge once he breaks from the Phantom Zone, to find the natural birthed (heathen) Kryptonian.
28279203.png

Why is there a Kryptonian ship under the ice in the Arctic? It obviously has his suit because when he enters the ship he's not wearing it but when he leaves the ship he's wearing it.
28654131.png
I assume Lois goes to the ship by Kal-EL instructions to reactivate it.
73615334.png

The trailer was so awesome, I was literally left speechless! June 14th can't come fast enough!

The new trailer looks good though in some scenes, I got a Green Lantern vibe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"