Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the relationship between 42 and Man of Steel, and why WB would consider pairing the two together. Both are uplifting stories of accomplishment, and both protagonists are considered symbols of hope. Pairing the two is not the craziest thing, and actually makes a fair amount of sense from a thematic point of view.

Also, I'm really looking forward to 42. I mean, it's the Jackie Robinson movie!

Some people on here understand and agree with everything WB does with this film marketing wise. Also Superman doesn't compare to a real man who changed things for the better.

*waits for someone to post the opposite response about me*

I read the possible description for this third MOS trailer. I'm simply gonna hold out and see what'll happen. True or false? I just dont know. I mean, literally EVERY ONE who read the early description for the first theatrical trailer released back in december, called it downright BS! No one believed it. Almost every one commented, saying stuff like, "Pa Kent would NEVER tell Clark - MAYBE" when asked if he thought Clark should just have let the people on the bus die. They all called BS... and what happened? Everything within that trailer description ended up being true! right down to every little detail... So be careful, calling this new description FAKE right off the bat. We dont know jack****.

I'm okay with betting this description is fake, because I'm also okay with the possibility of being wrong.

Given that the description appears to have been written by a teenaged squirrel with only half of a keyboard, I feel like it is more likely to be fake than real.

I read the possible description for this third MOS trailer. I'm simply gonna hold out and see what'll happen. True or false? I just dont know. I mean, literally EVERY ONE who read the early description for the first theatrical trailer released back in december, called it downright BS! No one believed it. Almost every one commented, saying stuff like, "Pa Kent would NEVER tell Clark - MAYBE" when asked if he thought Clark should just have let the people on the bus die. They all called BS... and what happened? Everything within that trailer description ended up being true! right down to every little detail... So be careful, calling this new description FAKE right off the bat. We dont know jack****.

Yeah but I mean, if this description were true, it would mean WB wouldn't be promoting the villain...you have an awesome character actor like Shannon and instead of hyping his character with some cool lines and Supes/Zod confrontation you'll show what...a CGI version of him throwing a crane at a mother and a baby???? :huh: Sigh, why did I read it... :csad:

Yeah after that last one many of us (me included) didn't believe I'm not ruling this one out.

Actually, I Hope this trailer description IS fake though. I don't like the fact that it doesn't seem to have any good dialogue in it at all. I don't like that this Scott guy claims it's only 1:52 minute long. Not good enough imo. And I also don't like that it won't have any Krypton footage in it... I HOPE it's fake.

Sometimes, maybe, but there's no explicit rule for it. However many trailers the studio wants to have (/however much money they want to pour into the campaign), there will be. Don't forget, also, with the internet we get to see international trailers as well as domestic ones.

Even if this trailer isn't the absolute final theatrical trailer, I have a hard time believing that it is half a minute shorter than the first trailer.

Even if this trailer isn't the absolute final theatrical trailer, I have a hard time believing that it is half a minute shorter than the first trailer.
I remember a lot of people (myself included) having a hard time believing the last trailer's description was right, too. I'm not saying count on this one being right, but... keep an open mind.

I'n not a baseball fan so it doesn't interest me.

The story goes beyond baseball. It's like how the movie Ray wasn't just targeted to Ray Charles fans or Walk the Line to country/cash fans.

Iron Man 3 new trailer not as big as the last one on youtube.It's been 2days and it don't even have 3 million views yet.The last trailer already had about 20 million views 2days in.The last trailer have over 50 million views.The new one won't get nowhere near that number.Mos last trailer was big on youtube.I wonder how the next MOS trailer will do compared to the last.

Iron Man 3 new trailer not as big as the last one on youtube.It's been 2days and it don't even have 3 million views yet.The last trailer already had about 20 million views 2days in.The last trailer have over 50 million views.The new one won't get nowhere near that number.Mos last trailer was big on youtube.I wonder how the next MOS trailer will do compared to the last.

Well if they kick up the action it should do better than the last (similar thing happened with Avengers trailers). Probably going to get around 40 million views. Not that it means much. Immortals trailer has like 26 millions views as does some horror flick which made 5 million at the box office.

Well if that trailer description is tru, we won't be getting alot of action.

The action in MOS had better be way more inventive/original and more badass then that of Avengers! SUPERMAN needs to nail it down, and ones again claim his throne as the KING of all superheroes!!! Nothing less will cut it. Pure and simple.

My GOD, am I ready for something new MOS related! I so wanna see this movie start up it's marketing and showcase why Iron Man 3 will be pure water in comparison!!! Hehe

Iron Man 3 will probably be rather good, if not great. However, I don't think it can be as mythological and epic as Superman can under Zack's direction. We'll see.

Iron Man 3 will probably be rather good, if not great. However, I don't think it can be as mythological and epic as Superman can under Zack's direction. We'll see.

Iron Man 3 will probably be very cool and more then good enough. I want it to be. And I'm very much looking forwards to it. But I'm still expecting MOS to knock the **** out of IM3 in practically every department:o

Not in every department. I have doubts Goyer's MOS script will be better than Shane Black's screenplay, if only for the massive chasm in talent between the two. Cinematically, it's no question that MOS will be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"