Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Yup. Saw it tonight with Jurassic Park (which by the way looks excellent in 3D, and whose story still passes the test of time). I think the trailer was a tad bit shorter (like a few seconds, or so it seemed), but wow, MOS looks awesome in 3D. Hmm, makes me wonder how the TDK trilogy would've looked converted. Oh well. :yay:

Yeah the 3D that I've seen for MOS during the trailers has been quite good. I'd go as far as to say that it's one of the best conversions I've seen (based on what they've shown).

^ Yup. Saw it tonight with Jurassic Park (which by the way looks excellent in 3D, and whose story still passes the test of time). I think the trailer was a tad bit shorter (like a few seconds, or so it seemed), but wow, MOS looks awesome in 3D. Hmm, makes me wonder how the TDK trilogy would've looked converted. Oh well. :yay:

Yeah the 3D that I've seen for MOS during the trailers has been quite good. I'd go as far as to say that it's one of the best conversions I've seen (based on what they've shown).

So is it worth seeing in 3D then with those irritating glasses that they charge you extra for? I just want to see the trailer in the theater once. I have yet to. :(

Don't get me wrong, cause I really do want the 3D in MOS to look awesome. But people also said that the 3D looked sooo good when seeing it in trailers for The Amazing Spiderman. And that movie's 3D really sucked beyond believe! It was almost non-existent. Which was pretty embarrassing, considering that Spidey was filmed with a new hyped-up 3D camera called 'Red Epic'. It was epically, yes - epically disappointing! I really hope this isn't the case with MOS. It's not even filmed in 3D this movie. But a post conversion can still be done very effectively. Here's to hope.

MOS 3D is really, really good. No, joke.

I'd go watch JP or any of the new movies coming out in 3D and hope they show the MOS trailer (old or new) so you can see it for yourself. I'm pretty critical when it comes to this stuff and I was honestly not expecting it too look that good the first time I saw it in 3D.

From what I understand, the company (the name escapes me at the moment) that converted The Avengers is doing MOS. As time goes on, the technology is just going to keep getting better and better. At least for the companies that are doing quality conversions. I personally think that The Avengers is one of the best post-converted 3D movies to date. I'm hoping that MOS will take over that position in my eyes. I'm sure it will just because I'm a little biased. I'm just REALLY excited that I will be able to watch MOS in 3D from the comfort of my couch later this year. There's nothing like watching 3D in a home environment.

I thought The Avengers looked god awful in 3d. MOS looks amazing in 3d though

I thought The Avengers looked god awful in 3d. MOS looks amazing in 3d though
They must not have had it setup correctly or something because most people that I have talked to, loved the 3D in The Avengers. I dunno. It doesn't matter. I agree though, the 3D in MOS looks absolutely gorgeous.

I hate 3D I really hoped it would die but that's never gonna happen now.

I hate 3D I really hoped it would die but that's never gonna happen now.

:up: Same. I absolutely hate it. And the additional charge for glasses....I hate wearing glasses. I try for the 2D version whenever I can, I have yet to see a 3D film that looks better than its 2D counterpart that I was like "Oh, glad I saw that in 3D", except possibly the crappy Journey to the Center of the Earth with Brendan Fraser a few years back. That's the only thing that even remotely stands out to me in the long line of 3D films I have unfortunately seen, oddly enough.

LOL Nope! It's here to stay and it's only going to get better! I wish that I could get the chance to show people that 3D is awesome. I'm telling you, it's much different in a home environment than in the the theater. The quality is SO much better.

N-E-WAYS, back on topic. It's exciting to hear that there is some movement on the trailer front. It may not be a new trailer, BUT it will be shown with it's final edits and whatnot. Granted they may be subtle changes from the last time we saw the trailer, but changes nonetheless.

MOS 3D is really, really good. No, joke.

I'd go watch JP or any of the new movies coming out in 3D and hope they show the MOS trailer (old or new) so you can see it for yourself. I'm pretty critical when it comes to this stuff and I was honestly not expecting it too look that good the first time I saw it in 3D.

Sounds great. It'll be cool to see superman in 3D action! ;-)

From what I understand, the company (the name escapes me at the moment) that converted The Avengers is doing MOS. As time goes on, the technology is just going to keep getting better and better. At least for the companies that are doing quality conversions. I personally think that The Avengers is one of the best post-converted 3D movies to date. I'm hoping that MOS will take over that position in my eyes. I'm sure it will just because I'm a little biased. I'm just REALLY excited that I will be able to watch MOS in 3D from the comfort of my couch later this year. There's nothing like watching 3D in a home environment.

I agree! I have a 63 inch plasma 3D screen, and I absolutely love it. It really has an amazing picture, and the 3D just stands out more, for some reason. "Titanic 3D" which were pretty much dizzed on when released in theaters, I think looks absolutely incredible at home! The 3D is some of the best I've seen there.

Can't wait to see Superman fly in 3D!!

Good point, my best experience with 3D, besides Avatar, has always been at home on my brother's 3D tv set up.

Will be great having a choice when the home release comes out....Mmmm home release.

tumblr_inline_mhrtwvoXoD1qb3lyx.gif

But if it gets better i still won't like it cause I hate 3D why do we need these images to stick out? I find it distracting and eventually I stop noticing the 3D anyway. It's just a gimmick to get more money.

I want to see the movie in real imax.. But without 3D... I'm not sure if that will be possible :(

I'm not even going to try and explain. What's the point?! Besides, it's completely off topic and we don't need to derail the thread.

Last edited:
I want to see the movie in real imax.. But without 3D... I'm not sure if that will be possible :(
Well if it makes you feel any better, MOS wasn't shot with IMAX cameras, so it won't make a difference if you see it in a real IMAX theater or a LieMAX theater.

Well if it makes you feel any better, MOS wasn't shot with IMAX cameras, so it won't make a difference if you see it in a real IMAX theater or a LieMAX theater.

Ahh, I'm glad you said that, I was wondering that. I was seriously giving some consideration to checking out an IMAX presentation of it if I were going to see it in 3D, but won't now since it wasn't shot for it.

I've only seen one film in IMAX and it was Alice in Wonderland, which also was not shot with/for IMAX cameras, and in addition to being a crappy movie the difference between the "IMAX" and regular 3D wasn't really that noticeable, and I have to agree with BH/HHH, after a while with both I definitely no longer notice the "3D". It's such a transparent gimmick, I hate it. :( lol

BUT - I am always willing to be surprised by something. If the trailer with Jurassic Park is that awesome, I may just end up seeing it at least once in 3D.

About the trailer though, I don't buy this whole "3 minute" thing. I think whoever saw it, if they saw it more than likely just rounded up the length of it.

Last edited:
Ahh, I'm glad you said that, I was wondering that. I was seriously giving some consideration to checking out an IMAX presentation of it if I were going to see it in 3D, but won't now since it wasn't shot for it.

I've only seen one film in IMAX and it was Alice in Wonderland, which also was not shot with/for IMAX cameras, and in addition to being a crappy movie the difference between the "IMAX" and regular 3D wasn't really that noticeable, and I have to agree with BH/HHH, after a while with both I definitely no longer notice the "3D". It's such a transparent gimmick, I hate it. :( lol

BUT - I am always willing to be surprised by something. If the trailer with Jurassic Park is that awesome, I may just end up seeing it at least once in 3D.

About the trailer though, I don't buy this whole "3 minute" thing. I think whoever saw it, if they saw it more than likely just rounded up the length of it.
Don't get me wrong, you'll still want to see it in a Digital IMAX Theater. Even though it wasn't shot with IMAX cameras, the resolution is still going to be sharper than a regular digital theater. Plus the screen will be larger. So seeing it in Digital IMAX is still the preferred way to see it. Hopefully that makes sense. You'll not only get a better picture, but you'll also get better sound too. They load IMAX theaters with incredible sound.

So what's going on with Jurassic Park and a MOS trailer??? Is it just the last one in 3D? A whole new trailer, some changes, what?

So what's going on with Jurassic Park and a MOS trailer??? Is it just the last one in 3D? A whole new trailer, some changes, what?

Same old one, slightly shorter, and it fades to the logo at the end is all.

Don't get me wrong, you'll still want to see it in a Digital IMAX Theater. Even though it wasn't shot with IMAX cameras, the resolution is still going to be sharper than a regular digital theater. Plus the screen will be larger. So seeing it in Digital IMAX is still the preferred way to see it. Hopefully that makes sense. You'll not only get a better picture, but you'll also get better sound too. They load IMAX theaters with incredible sound.

Hmm...thank you for the input, Kryptonian Warrior.

WB made a mistake because the 3D trailer in front of JP has the ´´Next Summer`` instead of this summer or the June date. Yikes! :woot: That's a bit sloppy on their part me thinks...:oldrazz:

WB made a mistake because the 3D trailer in front of JP has the ´´Next Summer`` instead of this summer or the June date. Yikes! :woot: That's a bit sloppy on their part me thinks...:oldrazz:

That's exactly what I was thinking! What did they do about the "next summer" part?? I can't believe they'd just leave that in there. They should have fixed that back in January, I mean when it came out there were only like what - 3 weeks left of 2012 anyway, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"