Official UFC Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
screw cyborg ufc did everything to meet her demands and created a division for her and this is how she repays them

Come on, a lot of us knew Cyborg was going to be popped again once she came to UFC. It was only a matter of time.

:funny:

When I wrote that post was it common knowledge Cyborg had failed? I wasn't even aware of it I've been so busy with work & whatnot I've hardly had time to check.

Anywho when I wrote that last post I actually was going to add at the very end, if I was Ronda Rousey, regardless of whether she beats Nunes or not, I would have never have fought Cyborg unless she made 135lbs. The reason is quite simple, it's pretty evident she's been on steroids for years having been only caught, now twice as opposed to once. She is essentially built like a man of similar weight, my mindset if I was Rousey would have been make 135lbs, lose all that weight and all that advantage you spent years abusing steroids to gain, or the fight won't happen.

The fact she's failed again, puts the nail in the coffin for that fight.

Cain Velasquez, of AKA gym :-)wall:), has been pulled from his fight with Werdum.. :whatever:

Oh & Merry Christmas to those that frequent the thread & keep it kicking, no pun. :up:

Rumors are flying that Dos Santos has agreed to fill in for Velasquez, if he in fact can't make it next weekend. That's a baller. Just sucks.

JDS also said Werdum declined the fight.

Also, seems like Velasquez wanted out of the fight based on his interviews

:funny:

When I wrote that post was it common knowledge Cyborg had failed? I wasn't even aware of it I've been so busy with work & whatnot I've hardly had time to check.

Anywho when I wrote that last post I actually was going to add at the very end, if I was Ronda Rousey, regardless of whether she beats Nunes or not, I would have never have fought Cyborg unless she made 135lbs. The reason is quite simple, it's pretty evident she's been on steroids for years having been only caught, now twice as opposed to once. She is essentially built like a man of similar weight, my mindset if I was Rousey would have been make 135lbs, lose all that weight and all that advantage you spent years abusing steroids to gain, or the fight won't happen.

The fact she's failed again, puts the nail in the coffin for that fight.
Outside the Lines did a brilliant piece on her weight cutting. She kills herself to make it down to 145. The idea that she could get down to 135 is laughable.

Also you were all on the, "we don't know what Jones did" bandwagon. How do you know what Cyborg did? Considering potential complications from weight cutting, what if it is an IV? What if she gets her TUE?

Outside the Lines did a brilliant piece on her weight cutting. She kills herself to make it down to 145. The idea that she could get down to 135 is laughable.

Also you were all on the, "we don't know what Jones did" bandwagon. How do you know what Cyborg did? Considering potential complications from weight cutting, what if it is an IV? What if she gets her TUE?

She's a cheat who inexplicably turned down a huge main event world title shot three months away. That's beyond the fact she's been busted already before. The vast majority of fighters are on things that are an attempt to get themselves an advantage. Cyborg is no worse than many of the women just because she's dominant or you don't like how she looks.

She's a cheat who inexplicably turned down a huge main event world title shot three months away. That's beyond the fact she's been busted already before. The vast majority of fighters are on things that are an attempt to get themselves an advantage. Cyborg is no worse than many of the women just because she's dominant or you don't like how she looks.
She asked for a March date because of the weight cutting issues. She said her body wouldn't be ready for Feb. Has no one here been following this? Just look for the Outside the Lines piece on it.

She'll never make 135lbs at all. She has been trying for years to change her diet & training to make it feasible for her to fight at 135lbs & 145lbs. Just looking at her I can tell she hasn't done everything possible to make the cuts easier on herself as she's still carrying quite comfortably, 10lbs more muscle than she should or needs to.

Don't feel sorry for her at all to be honest, during her last fight I remember reading somewhere the week off the fight that she still had to cut like 30lbs. On the week off the fight that's absolutely crazy & is pretty poor planning I feel from her & her team IMO.

We don't know what she's taken, yet. But there's a pretty big difference between Jones & Cyborg's situations. Cyborg's been caught juicing before when the testing wasn't as in depth as it is now, in addition, just look at her. Some of her fights & pictures over the last 5 years or so I really find it hard believing that, even if she hadn't failed again more recently, that she was a 1 & done steroid user. The change her body & physique has went through, in particular for a woman, is always going to be questionable.

Don't quote me on it because the actual scientific aspect of the testing alludes me, but I'm pretty sure the IV isn't banned just to try to stop fighters cutting dangerous amounts of weight, I'm pretty sure the IV's banned because it can mask PED use in some capacity.

JDS also said Werdum declined the fight.

Also, seems like Velasquez wanted out of the fight based on his interviews

Werdum says he'll fight anyone. Dos Santos said that he'd step in, but I imagine that the UFC won't allow that, as they already have Dos Santos propping up a card. Wonder if they'll be able to get anyone in last minute. This is the third time that Cain has wasted countless thousands of Werdum's money personally by pulling out of a fight late, Cain should get way more hassle for being unreliable than Aldo does. In fact, AKA as a whole needs shutting down and their practices scrutinizing. It can't be coincidental this AKA epidemic. Out of the three top guys they've been signed to fight eight times between them this year and managed a fight each. That's just not good enough. Late pull outs too. Something needs to change there.

Werdum says he'll fight anyone. Dos Santos said that he'd step in, but I imagine that the UFC won't allow that, as they already have Dos Santos propping up a card. Wonder if they'll be able to get anyone in last minute. This is the third time that Cain has wasted countless thousands of Werdum's money personally by pulling out of a fight late, Cain should get way more hassle for being unreliable than Aldo does. In fact, AKA as a whole needs shutting down and their practices scrutinizing. It can't be coincidental this AKA epidemic. Out of the three top guys they've been signed to fight eight times between them this year and managed a fight each. That's just not good enough. Late pull outs too. Something needs to change there.

Werdum has lied before. JDS basically said he declined. So it's he said/he said.

I'm pretty sure I heard Rogan talking about it on his podcast that a few weeks ago Cain said he needed surgery after the Werdum fight, which is not something you normally publicly announce before a fight. I think it was something to do with his back if I recall.

In any event, if you aren't able to fight, you shouldn't fight. I realise that a lot of fighters carry injuries into fights anyway.. but you should never carry any truly serious injuries into fights.

Cain should consider retiring or taking a year or maybe 2 off to just get his body healed up.

I could be wrong, but it seemed like Cain Velasquez was looking for a way out of the fight and trying to save face.

Velasquez already basically had two years off. He didn't fight for almost two years once while he was champion and they never stripped him of the belt. His over-training has basically wrecked his career. I'm not going to tell him he should retire, but it's like his body can no longer keep up with the training. He keeps getting hurt.

And now Josh Barnett. This is his fourth time.

http://www.ufc.com/news/UFC-Statement-on-josh-barnett-122716

The UFC organization was formally notified today that the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) has informed Josh Barnett of a potential Anti-Doping Policy violation stemming from an out-of-competition sample collection on December 9, 2016.

USADA, the independent administrator of the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, will handle the results management and appropriate adjudication of this case. It is important to note that, under the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, there is a full fair legal review process that is afforded to all athletes before any sanctions are imposed.

Consistent with all previous potential anti-doping violations, additional information or UFC statements will be provided at the appropriate time as the process moves forward.

Per Dana White, UFC 207 will be Mike Goldberg's last UFC event. He was no Mauro, but I enjoyed his role, and he served it well. I can't believe he's been calling fights since UFC 15.5 back in 1997. Twenty years almost. I feel old.

Honestly, I think it's time for Mike Goldberg. No disrespect, but I think a new voice can be a good change of pace. Also, I think Goldberg has been burnt out on the product lately. I feel like he's been going through the motions for a while. Sometimes, it almost seems like Joe Rogan carries a lot of the broadcasts for the big shows.

Honestly, I think Anik/Stann make a great combo for the smaller events. Stann is fantastic on color commentary.

Not really a massive fan of Goldberg's, to me it's Rogan that is more "irreplaceable" as he seems more important to the actual commentary of the fights. Mike Goldberg & that Jon Anik guy seem best at sticking to the ads.

I want Bas Rutten to replace him.

Hendricks misses weight again..

Not really a massive fan of Goldberg's, to me it's Rogan that is more "irreplaceable" as he seems more important to the actual commentary of the fights. Mike Goldberg & that Jon Anik guy seem best at sticking to the ads.

Bas Rutten is a color guy not play by play.

those ads help put on events

necessary evil

Goldberg is terrible. I can't wait for him to be gone.

Hendricks is a disgrace who should not be allowed to fight. What the hell?

Terrible? he's been with the UFC since the 90s? typically those terrible at their jobs dont keep the same job for near 20 years

who would be a suitable replacement?

Cody Garbrandt just comes off as really thin skinned in all the Embedded videos. I predict Cruz will handle him no problem.

Like it or not, Goldberg has been the voice of the UFC commentary team for years. He helped bring the sport to a wider audience and get it to where it is today. I think Goldberg has his flaws and IMHO far from perfect, but you can't question his diligence and how he's helped the sport for years.

Now if he gets replaced, who is even a good replacement? Not sure what Todd Harris up to these days, but I generally found he did a good job on UFC Tonight, WEC, and WSOF.

Here is my problem with Jim Rome. If you get Jim Rome to do it, could he really handle such a regular MMA gig? Can he handle the minutiae and more technical aspects of MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"