Comics Official X-MEN: LEGACY Discussion Thread

I wonder how this book is going to differ from Carey's run. Is Rogue staying at the school to teach? Will Logan, Bobby, Hank, etc. be recurring characters?

I wonder how this book is going to differ from Carey's run. Is Rogue staying at the school to teach? Will Logan, Bobby, Hank, etc. be recurring characters?
We're already several issues into the run and those questions have been answered. For one Rogue isnt the lead star. She gets alot of focus but plenty of panel time is given to the other X-men. Logan, Bobby and Hank arent recurring characters; they are regulars along with Gambit, Husk, Cannonball, Rachel and Frenzy. It also isnt the book about the kids, which Carey made it post-Second Coming

I'm just loving all the Iceman exposure since the split. As a longtime Iceman fan this is what I've always longed for...

When Logan lashed out at Rogue and scolded her, did anyone get a little deja vu of Scott doing that to her following Second Coming? As much as he wants to distance himself from him, he's coming across him in different ways. Despite his initial reservations, he let the children fight when he realized it was logical and the best course of action to help them deal with the current threat, which is what Scott did in Schism

Looks like they're already planting the seeds to reunite the X-Men in the future. I was a little surprised that Logan would already concede to that way of thinking so early on into Regenesis.

XMENLG2008268COV_forpreviewsonly.jpg

X-MEN LEGACY #268 & 269
CHRISTOS GAGE (w) • DAVID BALDEON (A)
Cover by MARK BROOKS
ASM IN MOTION VARIANT ALSO AVAILABLE (#268)
AVX TIE-INS!
Issue #268
• Frenzy’s past is revealed as she ties up loose ends while the war between the Avengers and the X-Men rages on.
Issue #269
• Rogue vs. Ms. Marvel.
32 PGS. (EACH)/Rated T+ …$2.99 (EACH)

We're already several issues into the run and those questions have been answered. For one Rogue isnt the lead star. She gets alot of focus but plenty of panel time is given to the other X-men. Logan, Bobby and Hank arent recurring characters; they are regulars along with Gambit, Husk, Cannonball, Rachel and Frenzy. It also isnt the book about the kids, which Carey made it post-Second Coming

Em... Rogue is the main/lead star of this book, as Gage has recently stated, this is primarilly a Rogue book.

So far Beast and Wolverine have a bigger part then the "regulars".

So is Mimic not a Mutant. uncannyxmen.net still has him as a mutant.
I'm pretty sure it was established right after his first appearance in the 60s that his dad experimented on him or something like that and that gave him his power.

^
Thanks hadn't a clue he wasn't, just thought he was a mutant. BTW how good was this issue. I have to say I really enjoyed it.

I enjoyed it too. I'm still a little bummed that Rogue is still the star of this book, but at least I feel Gage is doing a better job showcasing more members of the team. I loved that look into Chamber's class with the physically different students. Absolutely my favorite part of the book. Personally I think all the X books could benefit with a stand alone issue ever now and then that let's us slow down, catch our breaths, and take a moment to show what's going on in people's heads. And even though it makes sense for this story to focus on Rogue given the similar powers to both Mimic and Weapn Omega, I hope we'll get stories that don't end with "let's all give Rogue our powers to save the day!".

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it was established right after his first appearance in the 60s that his dad experimented on him or something like that and that gave him his power.
Mimic was retconned into being a mutant back in the 90s, I beleive by Lobdell. He was established as being a latent mutant with his father's experiments activating his X-gene

I agree this story fit Rouge but I would like to see others used like Carey did when this was a team book with Iceman and Cannonball stepping up just before the MC crossover. At least Gambit will be developed further over in Astonishing now ML is writing it.

I have no problem with Rogue leading but as you say I'm sick of her being the one that save the day all the time.

If I wasn't such a Gambit smoree I'd drop this book entirely. :(

LOL, probably true. :p

X-MEN LEGACY #270
CHRISTOS GAGE (w) • DAVID BALDEON (a)
Cover by MARK BROOKS
AVX TIE-IN!
• Rogue vs. Ms. Marvel!
• By the end of this issue, one of these women will change their allegiance.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

XMENLG2008271COV_col.jpg

X-MEN LEGACY #271
Christos Gage (W) • RAFA SANDOVAL (a)
Cover by SALVADOR ESPIN
• Cut off from the world she knows, Rogue struggles to survive in an alien landscape!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

prv12153_cov.jpg

prv12153_pg1.jpg

prv12153_pg2.jpg

prv12153_pg3.jpg

prv12153_pg4.jpg

prv12153_pg5.jpg

X-Men Legacy #265
Christos Gage (W)
Rafa Sandoval (A)
Cover by Mark Brooks
• Time Is Running Out For Weapon Omega, The Mutant Time Bomb. How Will The X-Men Disarm Him Before He Implodes And Takes The School With Him?
• A Recently-Returned Mutant Becomes A Full-Fledged Member Of Wolverine’s X-Men.
32 Pgs./Rated T+ ...$2.99

Someone needs to inform the writer here that Gambit is capable of so much more than fussing over poor ole Rogue. :(

Someone needs to inform the writer here that Gambit is capable of so much more than fussing over poor ole Rogue. :(

It has become his role now in the book lol

*runs in hugs Rogue* *disappears for the rest of the book*

Starting to think he's a figment of Rogues imagination.

If you're on the fence about dropping Legacy, allow me to push you right off with a twitter response from Gage: "Mike Carey has taken Rogue a long way and I am committed to finishing the journey. It's what I want to do. But around #275 or so, that will likely reach its culmination. Until then, though, it's a Rogue-centric book. If you want Gambit more self-directed and dynamic, there's ASTONISHING and his upcoming solo book" I've never heard an author say "If you want to read a well-written *insert character* go read another book" before....

So another year of flippin Rogue? Ugh! I cant believe Marvel has made me dislike this character so much in the last decade. Its almsot as if its been an intentional plot to just make her come across as unappealing as possible

Damn this group of characters would make an awesome team, too bad they're all just there for Rogue to take their powers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"