• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

Comics Official X-MEN: LEGACY Discussion Thread

XMENLG2012002.jpg

X-MEN LEGACY #3
SIMON SPURRIER (W) • TAN ENG HUAT (A)
Cover by MIKE DEL MUNDO
Variant cover by TBA
• Legion must keep his inner demons in check long enough to help newly-manifested mutant twins who are being exploited by a criminal cartel in Japan.
• But the twins may just have plans of their own.
• As do Legion’s inner demons…
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

Looks like somebody ran over that poor little girl.

prv13684_cov.jpg

prv13684_pg1.jpg

prv13684_pg2.jpg

prv13684_pg3.jpg

prv13684_pg4.jpg

X-MEN LEGACY #274
Christos Gage (w)
David Baldeon (a)
Cover by MARK BROOKS
• In the aftermath of AvX, Rogue and Magneto are reunited! And he’s got an offer for Rogue that may just leave her speechless...
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

Why oh why am I still picking this book up? The latest issue rehashed the whole Rogue wanting to be who she wants to & control her life!!!! Seriously wtf as I said before it had so much potential becoming a team book of sorts again post Schisim and even during AVX but oh no that couldn't last could it?

Even then, I'd still take this rehashed story than the Incredible Rogue "tie-ins" stories we suffered through. I love Gage but I will not miss the book after 275.

XMENLG2012004_DC11.jpg

XMENLG2012004COV_var.jpg

X-MEN LEGACY #4 & 5
Simon Spurrier (W) • Jorge Molina (A)
CoverS by MIKE DEL MUNDO
X-MEN LEGACY #4 Artist Variant by PASQUAL FERRY
X-MEN LEGACY #5 ARTIST VARIANT BY CLAY MANN
• LEGION vs. THE X-MEN!
• Two new villains begin plotting Legion's demise. And little does he know, one of them is lurking within his own psyche, and the other is now hiding amongst the X-Men themselves...

I don't see this lasting too long with legion as focus..and i LIKE Legion. I am being quite the sourpuss as of late.

I completely agree about the longevity of this book. There isn't much to be excited about in the X-World in the aftermath of AvX

prv14045_cov.jpg

prv14045_pg1.jpg

prv14045_pg2.jpg

prv14045_pg3.jpg

prv14045_pg4.jpg

prv14045_pg5.jpg

prv14045_pg6.jpg

X-MEN LEGACY #275
CHRISTOS GAGE (W) • DAVID BALDEON (A)
Cover by MARK BROOKS
Final Issue Variant Also Available
THE END OF AN ERA!
• Last issue, Magneto made Rogue a daunting offer. In this FINAL ISSUE of X-MEN: LEGACY, Rogue faces the repercussions of her decision!

Ugh...can they make Rogue any less sympathetic? They turned her into a self involved, insecure mutant-the total opposite of how Claremont wrote her. I hope she's redemed in Uncanny Avengers.

Truthfully I think that was what they were trying to do in the issue. Acknowledging she has been a moaning character but the Claremont character is still there IMO.

Truthfully I think that was what they were trying to do in the issue. Acknowledging she has been a moaning character but the Claremont character is still there IMO.

I hope so! I'm old enough to remember her first joining the team as a brash 17 year old way back in the early eighties! I want to see the old Rogue back. She was one of the most admirable characters IMO.

Yeesh i can't believe they decided to dedicate the final issue of Legacy of this numbering to be about a long winded speech between Rogue and Mimic.....

It would have been nice to see it focus on Legion in the aftermath of Xavier's death which could have been a lead in to the new #1. Also I hope they use this comic as a way of dealing with legacy of characters in terms of storyline. A singular character with supporting cast is good but it needs to rotate look what happened when Rogue took over. Truthfully it should have ended with her powers being resolved.

I'm trying to remember... when was her powers resolved? Wasn't that at the end of the Xavier run?

I liked the focus she got after Xavier, when she went from "my life is so sad" to being the mentor of the next generation. It showed character growth and her moving on with her life, and the Legacy bit still fit due to her training Xavier's legacy (the children). It's after that when she should have finished up. Post Age of X is when Legion should have been a more primary focus. It started that way and that arc or two was fantastic. If not Legion, then show Frenzy and the legacy the X-Men leave on the villains they've changed. But instead, it went back to Rogue for the next year or two and just dragged on.

What I would have liked to have see:

Xavier, the Rogue, then Legion, then Rachel (Jean's legacy once they went to the Jean Grey Academy).

Then if we HAD to have a relaunch... make it Cyclops centric with it dealing his being Xavier's first student and his realizing what he did in AvX, and atoning for it (much as Xavier did during his run).

I'm trying to remember... when was her powers resolved? Wasn't that at the end of the Xavier run?
Yeah. He was finally able to sort out her psyche and allow her powers to grow the way the were meant to.

Wow. After 275 issues and over 20 years, it all ends with Rogue. They couldnt even try to incorporate more X-men into the final issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cap2024
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"