The Dark Knight OPINIONS...LEARN TO RESPECT THEM (Every Batboard poster read this!)

This image is dedicated to Matt for starting this great movement:

dwight.jpg

I did read it and I never posted anything remotely close to a script. It was a rehash of the trailer with footage of Adam West Batman. And this is exactly what I'm talking about.

It might have gone better in an existing thread, rather than starting a whole new thread for it. This forum is extremely fast moving, and full to overflowing. Anytime something that is put up as a new thread, that really could go into an existing thread will have 1 of 2 things happen to it. It will be closed, or it will be merged......thats just how it goes on a forum with a heavy posting rate.

Really? Did this thread need to go past one post? All Matt is saying is respect opinion. Not hard.

Wow I was totally expecting one of those bubble exchanges to randomly say something like *jagbag* *****emouth*

They wouldn't be showing respect if they did say that. But it would be better if it did.

can we do something about the use derrogatory words like "***" "******" and "dyke" just to name a few? its out of hand and we have gotten to the point where some are actually defending the use of these words.

thanks!

can we do something about the use derrogatory words like "***" "******" and "dyke" just to name a few? its out of hand and we have gotten to the point where some are actually defending the use of these words.

thanks!

They are always dealt with and I just dealt with the latest one.

And I would love to point out that 'gay' is not an adjective.

gay
premium.gif
thinsp.png
/geɪ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[gey] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation adjective, -er, -est, noun, adverb –adjective 1.having or showing a merry, lively mood: gay spirits; gay music. 2.bright or showy: gay colors; gay ornaments. 3.given to or abounding in social or other pleasures: a gay social season. 4.licentious; dissipated; wanton: The baron is a gay old rogue with an eye for the ladies.

gay
premium.gif
thinsp.png
/geɪ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[gey] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation adjective, -er, -est, noun, adverb –adjective 1.having or showing a merry, lively mood: gay spirits; gay music. 2.bright or showy: gay colors; gay ornaments. 3.given to or abounding in social or other pleasures: a gay social season. 4.licentious; dissipated; wanton: The baron is a gay old rogue with an eye for the ladies.
:dry:Pardon me, I didn't realize there were Literature majors here. Would it have been better if I had said "Gay is not an acceptable way of describing something you disagree with" ?

:dry:Pardon me, I didn't realize there were Literature majors here. Would it have been better if I had said "Gay is not an acceptable way of describing something you disagree with" ?

"I completely disagree with Joker's gay killing spree in The Dark Knight. His gay attitude while murdering and torturing others is vile and sickening. I find him to be a contemptible sadist, no matter how gleefully he dispatches his victims."

(Just seeing how long I can keep this going... you know... literature major and all ;) )

Gay isn't a way to address anything you disagree with if it revolves around being homosexual, it just shows that you as a person are discriminating the use of the word and the people that follow that way of living.

Mmkay?

gay
premium.gif
thinsp.png
That is not the way anyone on here means the word to be underdstood as....so it will not be acceptable to use.
"I completely disagree with Joker's gay killing spree in The Dark Knight. His gay attitude while murdering and torturing others is vile and sickening. I find him to be a contemptible sadist, no matter how gleefully he dispatches his victims."

(Just seeing how long I can keep this going... you know... literature major and all ;) )
That's longer than needed. Do not continue to do this....you have now been told by a mod not to do it (like an intelligent person really needed it spelled out for them)....to do it again will be time off or banning.

That is not the way anyone on here means the word to be underdstood as....so it will not be acceptable to use.
That's longer than needed. Do not continue to do this....you have now been told by a mod not to do it (like an intelligent person really needed it spelled out for them)....to do it again will be time off or banning.

Try to have a sense of humor. No one is doing anything but using the English language correctly to make a funny point. :yay:

Try to have a sense of humor. No one is doing anything but using the English language correctly to make a funny point. :yay:

I have a wonderful sense of humor....you should hear how loud I laugh when I ban people.

I find homosexual slurs offensive. Deeply offensive. :nono:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"