Apocalypse Original Actors returning - Official Thread

I think it makes sense to tie the OT cast in by having say, Archangel be a henchman of Apocalypse from a darker future that is only hinted at rather than shown. Don't go overboard with time travel just be subtle. Also hint at Cable. Then have X-Force set in the future 2023 time and show Angel's capture and conversion to Archangel, then do an OT film and another crossover time travel movie tied into all of it.

I am pretty sure we won't see a dark future again, it's been done already now and would just feel like a repeat

I think people tend to forget that fox and singer ain't doing direct faithful adaptions, they are taking ideas and doing their own thing with it, Infact I am surprised people are still expecting faithful adaptions

I'd even say not to expect the OT cast to fight apocalypse at all tbh, let alone apocalypse going beyond more then 1 movie, Infact I am pretty certain once information comes out on apocalypse as a character there will be some complaints on singers vision

And When it comes to expectations like on DOFP which came to nothing on the end why hold hopes of more things that will unlikely happen

Last edited:
I am pretty sure we won't see a dark future again, it's been done already now and would just feel like a repeat

I think people tend to forget that fox and singer ain't doing direct faithful adaptions, they are taking ideas and doing their own thing with it, Infact I am surprised people are still expecting faithful adaptions

I'd even say not to expect the OT cast to fight apocalypse at all tbh, let alone apocalypse going beyond more then 1 movie, Infact I am pretty certain once information comes out on apocalypse as a character there will be some complaints on singers vision
Worded perfectly

disagree on some of those actors

halle can easily be replaced majority of x men fan base have never liked her portrayal

marsden has'nt really left much if any impression with his take on cyclops it may not be all his fault but he can be replaced aswell

i know i am not alone but as great as ian is fassbender is animated series and comic book magneto brought to life he is the magneto i grew up with

only ones who are hard to replace is famke and stewart

Agreed on all of this. I mean, no one was saying they were not going to see DOFP because Rogue was cut or because she is not in the next movie. I like Stewart, but McAvoy is filling the void nicely and people seem to like him. If they recast well and have a good script like they did with FC, the same will happen with the other OT characters.

Outside of Jackman, I did not find that any of the actors (Stewart and McKellan excepted) really put a stamp on their characters' portrayals. It would not be hard or jarring if they are recast them with good actors. Especially when fans have been begging for recast for some of the characters for years.

And yet people easily recognized James Marsden, Famke Jannsen, Halle Berry and even Anna Paquin when they appeared in Days of Future Past.

I love the original cast so all of them would be cool with me

I can already see the promo of next movie, with plenty of pics of Marsden as Cyclops, Jean, Beast.... and then in the actual movie its just 5 minutes and they call it a day, lol.
But a cameo is better than nothing I guess. And its a good way to keep them in the audience's minds, in case Fox plans another movie just for them. its a smart decision, if we think about it that way

Ian McKellen, Famke Janssen & Anna Paquin would be great to see in next X-Men Projects. Famke is first in the voting, someone show the voting results to the writers, producers etc.

since young Kurt is gonna be in the movie, it would be pretty awesome to see his adult version too, same case as Cyclops and Jean. It would feel like a full circle, at least if its a bookend type thing, tho too similar to Dofp end.

Chances are its a past story as that's apocalypse will be and that's where all the characters development will be, You have magneto,xavier,beast,mystique, young cyclops,jean,storm, quicksilver, probably wolverine, maybe gambit and nightcrawler and whoever else they add, but there is a lot of characters to look into already

So there probably won't be a future story to show and even if there is it will be its probably gonna be talking about the past, so its best to reduce your expectation when it comes to the OT, there is very little reason for any of them to be in it apart from jackman and maybe Stewart

I can see it being one of them things people see "some" as well probably 5 because that's some... No just no, be realistic and work out why they would be part of a story about events from the 80s

Last edited:
I never said I had high expectations, so dont worry too much about the fans talk on this topics. Its just for fun
we already know its a fc sequel, and we all saw Dofp and know what happened, so... dont kill the fun as often, u know? lol

You disagree? A throw away character, from a 2006 nearly franchise killing film, shows up in a prominant role 10 years later? With no build up or reference to the character post TLS? From the audience perspective, this character is just there in the 1980s???, how is that not out of the blue?

I could be wrong, but I think he was laughing at the unintentional pun in your initial post. "Out of the blue" as in Archangel, who is blue.

You disagree? A throw away character, from a 2006 nearly franchise killing film, shows up in a prominant role 10 years later? With no build up or reference to the character post TLS? From the audience perspective, this character is just there in the 1980s???, how is that not out of the blue?

I could be wrong, but I think he was laughing at the unintentional pun in your initial post. "Out of the blue" as in Archangel, who is blue.

Yep, you got it, mikey.:cwink: And for the record, I agree with you magneto.

I never said I had high expectations, so dont worry too much about the fans talk on this topics. Its just for fun
we already know its a fc sequel, and we all saw Dofp and know what happened, so... dont kill the fun as often, u know? lol

Exactly!

Simon Kinberg's recent podcast really to me casts doudt on any Original films actors apart from Hugh jackman showing up In Apocalypse.

Bottom Line i will believe actors from Non-FC films besides Hugh are going to be In Apocalypse when they are announced or I see them in film.

Hmm I'm not really surprised and its a good thing Simon Kinberg doesn't call all the shots. Didn't he say he wanted DOFP to be the "ending" of the OT cast?

To be honest, I think I would rather see the OT cast in their own film rather than appear in Apocalypse for like 3 minutes maximum.

Apart from Hugh Jackman DOFP may be ending of OT cast.

I certinly get sense from Kinberg the 2018 film may be Gambit solo.Unfortly that may mean X-Men films are going to remain peroid pieces.

Kimberg himself said some original actors will appear in Apocalypse, and now you repeat your same post from 2 weeks ago. oh lord, help us

we may have some little Wolverines on here that also lose their memories, lol

Sadly, if we get Nightcrawler back (and I really really want to) he will not be played by Alan Cumming. Cumming absolutely HATED the makeup process. In the behind the scenes footage he keeps saying "Horror. Absolute horror." He made it clear in no uncertain terms that he would never do it again.

actually he said this year that he would return, lol
and said on twitter that the studio never asked him to return, not that he said no

Kimberg himself said some original actors will appear in Apocalypse, and now you repeat your same post from 2 weeks ago. oh lord, help us

He always does that. Then when a new info comes out, he'll easily change his words.:csad:

Listen to Kinberg on latest podcast say DOFP may be last time Patrick Stewart and Ian
Mckellen be part of X-Men and say things about not wanting to use time travel again.Apart from Hugh jackman I wouldn't count on Original cast In Apocalypse.Kinberg also leaves you with impression the 2018 film could be Gambit

Of course Kinberg may not understand what a reboot Is since he goes along with notion of FC as reboot.

Filmmakers do mislead people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"