People need to learn how to speak English in America.

Sauron

Sidekick
Reaction score
I was in Walmart today and this woman who was suppose to be helping me couldn't even answer my question, I could barely tell what she was saying.

Pathetic, I'm really sick of this crap! If I went to another country I'd learn their language. My Grandfather was happy to come to America and give up his language.

There was another thread on this a while ago. Here we go again. Granted, while people should at times attempt to learn the language, the irony is that America was created so people that have crap lives in their own country can come here and do what they want. English isn't the official language unfortunately.

I'm probally more sick of it then you are.

anglais ? nous ne parlons pas anglais ici ! ;)

*sure hope I did it right, my french sucks*

archiebunker0ro.png

"All's I'm sayin' is, if yer, uh..whatta ya call it...me-he-can-os wanna come across the berder here to our great country, the least they can do is learn to talk english like the Americans...that's what made dis here country great."

rob_reiner_as_mike_stivic_blue_shirt.jpg

"Yeah, because you speak it so well, Arch."

archie-bunker.jpg

"Shut up, YOUSE!"

terry78 said:
There was another thread on this a while ago. Here we go again. Granted, while people should at times attempt to learn the language, the irony is that America was created so people that have crap lives in their own country can come here and do what they want. English isn't the official language unfortunately.

HAHAHA tell that to the indians.

terry78 said:
archiebunker0ro.png

"All's I'm sayin' is, if yer, uh..whatta ya call it...me-he-can-os wanna come across the berder here to our great country, the least they can do is learn to talk english like the Americans...that's what made dis here country great."

archie-bunker.jpg

"Shut up, YOUSE!"

hahah I love Archie Bunker

Sauron said:
I was in Walmart today and this woman who was suppose to be helping me couldn't even answer my question, I could barely tell what she was saying.

Pathetic, I'm really sick of this crap! If I went to another country I'd learn their language. My Grandfather was happy to come to America and give up his language.

I was in Walmart today, and this woman who was supposed to be helping me couldn't even answer my question. I could barely tell what she was saying.

Pathetic. I'm really sick of this crap! If I went to another country, I'd learn its language. My Grandfather was happy to come to America and give up his language.

:)

I be got to learn good english. I ain't be going nowhere if I don't.

English = not the official language of this Country.

Write your Congressperson if you have a problem with it, please. Thank you.

I really think an attempt to learn english should be made, but Im not going to hold a gun to anybody's head.
It'll be their problem in the long run when the best job they can get is at McDonalds due to a lack of communication skills.

I dont see why Sauron is so passionate about this.
It's really not his problem

Spanish was the first European language spoken in North America after Columbus.

The United States does not have an official language.

Mexico is in America and Spanish is spoken there.

Americans are notorious for going to other countries and expecting the citizens there to speak English

I went to Taco Bell today and I asked for a Crunch Wrap with chicken/no beef..That guy gave me one with no meat..:( :mad:

Carter said:
I really think an attempt to learn english should be made, but Im not going to hold a gun to anybody's head.
It'll be their problem in the long run when the best job they can get is at McDonalds due to a lack of communication skills.

I dont see why Sauron is so passionate about this.
It's really not his problem
It is a problem when you are trying to communicate with some one who has a job to do to help you if need be and they can't even do that. Not a racist thing at all. Seems to be they are overdoing it with the spanish lately even ads on the tvs in Walmart, why not other languages? Don't cater to one group. Pathetic.

I agree with you 100% Sauron. I refuse to go to my local Wal-Mart because everyone either speaks Spanish or Bosnian and it's very annoying. So, I travel 20 minutes to another Wal-Mart that does not ever get those types of people. Why should we have to cater to these peoples language. They moved here and should at least try to adapt to ours.

Lackey said:
I was in Walmart today, and this woman who was supposed to be helping me couldn't even answer my question. I could barely tell what she was saying.

Pathetic. I'm really sick of this crap! If I went to another country, I'd learn its language. My Grandfather was happy to come to America and give up his language.

:)
actually "grandfather" shouldn't be capitalized Lackey. He said "My grandfather" not "Grandfather" as a title

terry78 said:
archiebunker0ro.png

archie-bunker.jpg

"Shut up, YOUSE!"

That show was so far ahead of its time. They talked about things that are still sensitive now.

Well, you got to understand...

English is one DAMN hard language to learn, especially coming from a language that makes sense like a romance language.

Then when you take into account that a very high percentage of natural-born English speakers don't speak the language properly... that doubles the problem.

If you're so passionate about foreigners speaking English.......

TEACH THEM HOW TO SPEAK IT RATHER THAN COMPLAIN TO A BUNCH OF PEOPLE ON A COMICBOOK FORUM.

I live in Kentucky where the only reason tobacco farmers can stay afloat is the use of migrant workers. Also, every Shell station and Dollar Store (i'm not kidding) are owned by a person from some type of Indian, Pakistani, or Middle Eastern country. I know all about how frustrating it is that these people don't learn English. I'm not asking that they speak it perfectly, but at least enough to fill a simple request such as "Can you break a $20?" or "How much is this?"

P.S.: Also, the "authentic" Mexican restaraunts in town are all owned by the same family and none of them speak English very well. I would have complained about this, but no doubt some jackass would comment on how it "adds to the experience".

Kable24 said:
I agree with you 100% Sauron. I refuse to go to my local Wal-Mart because everyone either speaks Spanish or Bosnian and it's very annoying. So, I travel 20 minutes to another Wal-Mart that does not ever get those types of people. Why should we have to cater to these peoples language. They moved here and should at least try to adapt to ours.
Adapt to our what? Maybe you mean adapt to "yours." English isn't the official language of this Country. How many times does that have to be posted before you understand that? I don't speak any other languages, but that doesn't mean I can begrudge someone for not speaking mine. Welcome to freedom.

When the majority speaks English, then it's an English speaking country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"