Person Of Interest - Part 3

Maybe it will be the final season like Deadline is hearing. Ausiello acted like he heard something that made him not so sure that a renewal was going to happen. Maybe CBS and WB worked out a deal?

I just hope Sarah Shahi comes back. I need more Shaw.

I really need to watch this. Maybe I will spend my summer watch this and OUaT.

13 Episode Order

I appreciate them giving us a fifth season at all, but if this is the end, they really need to tell us up front.

Figured that's what they would get.

Kinda glad we getting 13 episodes its reduces the chances of having an unnecessary subplot (think we can rule out Shaw coming back unless its within the first 5 episodes,it would still feel rushed) and those that are still expecting the usual numbers of the week can now stop wasting their time and complaining and just stop watching.

I just hope they don't pull a Fringe final season and fast forward us into a future and show us how much the world has changed since Samaritan took over (with Reece and the crew living in a semi dystopian world

Not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, it'll allow for it to be a bit tighter. On the other hand, I feel as though there's enough going on that we need longer than 13 for a satisfying final season from this point. Two 13 episode seasons or something.

If these 13 episodes aren't the end, they should at least treat it like it is. Wrap up the Samaritan storyline just in case.

Not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, it'll allow for it to be a bit tighter. On the other hand, I feel as though there's enough going on that we need longer than 13 for a satisfying final season from this point. Two 13 episode seasons or something.

2 more seasons of 13 episodes each would be ideal ,Basically the Netflix series format.

It's nice they brought it back but I don't like the short season order. It seems like Nolan/Plageman are going to have to condense a normal 20+ episode season down to 13 episodes, which could make the story of the Machine being rebuilt and it taking on Samaritan feel a bit hurried, although we likely won't be getting as many filler episodes now. Also, this could hurt the chances of getting Shaw back since there's now fewer opportunities for her to show up.

2 more seasons of 13 episodes each would be ideal ,Basically the Netflix series format.

:up: If this is CBS trying to end the show, I hope they simply move it for one, or two if necessary, seasons afterwards on another network. WB and Nolan seem to have a very tight relationship, hopefully WB can lend Nolan a hand here and allow the show runners to end on their own terms.

a fifth season of 13 episodes sounds like the end of it's CBS run... unless they're starting to do those abbreviated seasons or planning to jump networks and they're giving it it's final hurrah on CBS before they do so...

a fifth season of 13 episodes sounds like the end of it's CBS run... unless they're starting to do those abbreviated seasons or planning to jump networks and they're giving it it's final hurrah on CBS before they do so...

I hope this is the case.

According to a couple sources, the delay in hearing which shows they were bringing back or canceling was all due to their negotiations with WB. I'd say this is likely the last season since CBS is not known to bring back shows they've short seasoned. If it could find another home, that'd be great but I'm not sensing that at the moment. CBS is going to kill it off so they can make room for their wholly-owned shows as POI going off either early or with the intent of ending in the spring makes for less drama when it comes to renewal/cancellation season next year.

I just want closure if this is the final season.

:up: If this is CBS trying to end the show, I hope they simply move it for one, or two if necessary, seasons afterwards on another network. WB and Nolan seem to have a very tight relationship, hopefully WB can lend Nolan a hand here and allow the show runners to end on their own terms.
I hope you get your wish Snow. The few episodes I have seen of the show have been quite awesome.

I'd rather they wrap it up and end on a high note, than risk not being picked up by Netflix or WGN.

I think it's possible to do an ending with 13 episodes. They just wouldn't do numbers of the week or any possible filler that comes with 22 episodes.

I just want closure if this is the final season.

Part of why I don't want this to be the end, I don't think there's time in 13 episodes to wrap all these plot threads up in a satisfying manner. [BLACKOUT]Rebuilding the machine, Samaritan and Shaw[/BLACKOUT] would all need to be wrapped up and while I could see them being able to handle two of them, I just don't know if there's time at 13 episodes with 43 minutes or so each.

I hope you get your wish Snow. The few episodes I have seen of the show have been quite awesome.

Get on watching the rest. ;)

Part of why I don't want this to be the end, I don't think there's time in 13 episodes to wrap all these plot threads up in a satisfying manner. [BLACKOUT]Rebuilding the machine, Samaritan and Shaw[/BLACKOUT] would all need to be wrapped up and while I could see them being able to handle two of them, I just don't know if there's time at 13 episodes with 43 minutes or so each.

Get on watching the rest. ;)
I don't think with how they left things and what still needs to be done that 13 episodes is enough either. If they can manage to get another short season, be it on CBS or another TV/digital network, then I think it won't feel rushed.

Good news and sad news. I hope it isn't the final season, but if so, I hope it gets wrapped up well.

It's too bad that POI couldn't have gotten their VOD deal with Netflix done sooner. WB had a deal worked out in 2013 but had to wait on CBS to finally allow it on another VOD besides CBS' own service. JJ Abrams and Nolan/Plageman have voiced their frustration in the past about it and it looks like that delay may have killed a chance for the entire series to be on there since Season 4 could get negotiated into the deal in time.

I think 13 episodes should be enough to tell a great final chapter, I imagine anything regarding Shaw can be sorted out in the first couple of eps or in the final couple, and I don't think they will rebuild the machine as such, I think the next move will be for Harold to find a way to use the machine to infect Samaritan and take down the whole AI network for good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"