Person Of Interest - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. I saw somebody ranting about the writers' "PC agenda" and it got tons of likes which is sad.

It's been surprisingly positive about the serialization (at least after the finale when I looked at it). Last year it was nothing but "CARTERRRRRRR!!!!!!!! MORE NUMBERSSSSSSSS!!!!"
I'm always astonished at the amount of people who think simply showing a part of life or a group of people who actually exist but are rarely portrayed somehow constitutes an 'agenda'.

I always like how people trot out the old "agenda" accusation anytime anything happens. They're more guilty of having an agenda than anyone.
Certainly. I'm currently writing a sci-fi serial, of which 5 of the 6 main characters fall under some label. Be it person of colour for four of them, bisexual for another, and trans for another still. I'm just having fun with a coalition of people in the future where the world has become far more of a melting pot. But of course according to a cousin I'm trying to force my agenda all over them.

I enjoyed the finale, Emmerson and Amy were superb, they sold the hell out of the machine dying, it's not easy to emote about a laptop screen with writing on it.

Reese also had a couple of really badass shootout moments that were beautifully done, I did worry a couple of times him or Root might be going down a blaze of glory.

Samaritan's agenda took an interesting twist and certainly wrapped up 3 strands of the show's branching plots in one swoop, although I thought Control getting blindsided so easily was lame, she should have shot Greer the moment she realized she's been conned.

Keeping viewers is also a key, otherwise you get cancelled, which is the gun that POI is looking down the barrel of. I think they could have done some story changes that would have kept some of the bleakness but also given them a ray of hope entering the final season. As of now, you have to strain real hard to find that hope due to it being blocked by all the darkness they decided to go with.

Also, I think they've become way too focused on the AI war and its tech race while sort of shortchanging much of the human-to-human interaction that made people initially watch this show.

I agree, this is a geek centric board, most of us found our way here through a love of comics and sci fi, but it's not hard to see why some of the general audience can't get into it.

Calling people because they don't like it is the same as the snobby critics that bash movies like Fast 7 and AoU because they clean house at the box office as pure entertainment, while arty "deeply intellectual" stuff limps over the $10M line of they are lucky.

The show has very little humour, is incredibly bleak and has no romance and a hugely far fetched concept set within our real world. you can argue of course that procedurals tend to show the bealk side of life, but usually each week you get a beginning, middle and an end with the bad guy punished. This may seem simple but for many people that is what they want after a hard days work, they don't want to have to worry if they missed a previous ep to be able to understand the one they are watching.

I agree with most of what you've said except the humour part. Person of Interest is hilarious, and has heaps of humour. There's everything Elias says, everything Root says, 1/3 of every Reese/Finch interaction. Even the Machine in If-Then-Else made for some great material. Hell, you've got characters like Leon and Zoe and Fusco who are basically snark and one-liners concentrated.

If anything the show has more humour than you would expect for such a premise, and it actually serves to make the show better.

It has plenty of humor. I think the balance is quite good.

I agree with most of what you've said except the humour part. Person of Interest is hilarious, and has heaps of humour. There's everything Elias says, everything Root says, 1/3 of every Reese/Finch interaction. Even the Machine in If-Then-Else made for some great material. Hell, you've got characters like Leon and Zoe and Fusco who are basically snark and one-liners concentrated.

If anything the show has more humour than you would expect for such a premise, and it actually serves to make the show better.
Absolutely. This show is one of my favorite current examples of striking the perfect balance of humor on an otherwise serious show. The only one I can think of that takes it even further is "Justified".

The difference between this show's humor and the humor on the other CBS shows is that the humor on this show actually works.

I think the show is great. It hits every note just right every time. Its a show filled with alot of well respected character actors who i've seen through out the years in film and tv . I'd have to say Amy Acker is my favorite:ilv:.

I can't wait to see how Reece , Finch , and the gang, are gonna get out of the new fix they find themselves in. Next season should be very interesting.

Waiting to hear about it being renewed is a cliffhanger in itself.

I find it odd that they're waiting so long but it must be some type of negotiation between CBS, Nolan/Plageman, and WB. It seems CBS is just the slowest to announce their renewals since they haven't even said anything for their safest shows (NCIS, NCIS: LA, Blue Bloods, and CM.)

I find it odd that they're waiting so long but it must be some type of negotiation between CBS, Nolan/Plageman, and WB. It seems CBS is just the slowest to announce their renewals since they haven't even said anything for their safest shows (NCIS, NCIS: LA, Blue Bloods, and CM.)
I think the fact that since the majority ofCBS shows are produced in house, whereas POI is done by Warner's I'm guessing CBS don't feel they should have any loyalty towards it (POI)

I still can't see CBS, in their supposed right mind, NOT renewing this... they can renew all the safe and same old s**t that's been on for years and they can't renew an innovative and different and QUALITY show?!?...

I didn't realize I needed to be worried about this show. I assumed it was doing well numbers wise. Apart from it being the smartest show on TV right now.

I'm so happy I could twerk. :o

Best news so far today. So happy to hear it.

104915-giddy-happy-Anna-gif-Disney-Fr-znvb.gif

Didn't Nolan say awhile back they were only planning on 5 seasons anyways?
They've said 6 seasons in multiple interviews so I think that's still the plan, although if they feel the writing on the wall that this is the final season, they'll provide some type of closure. I just want them to be able to have Shaw back. With the type of relation WB Television has with CBS, I could see them getting that 6th and final season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"