Person Of Interest - Part 3

ן never watched/rewatched POI for Caviezel's Reese. I did it for Root and Finch. I never liked Caviezel to be honest.

I mean, it was pretty much the same for me. Even when the show was initially more typically procedural and focused more on the number-of-the-week stuff and Reese, who was mainly our way into the world of the show, I was more interested in Finch and his complicated relationship with The Machine and the moral conundrums he found himself in. Once the show graduated past Reese’s storyline and being a procedural show, and became more about the actual more interesting stuff, the show honestly became even more engaging.

I still love the show, and Reese and Finch’s ongoing relationship was one of the reasons why I liked it, even if that wasn’t the main reason I kept watching. I just wish someone who’s a cuckoo, conspiratorial, Q-Anon, homophobic, racist a-hole wasn’t associated with it to taint my past experience of it.

Posting here cause this gave me POI vibes

In April, Lemoine shared a Google Doc with top executives in April called, “Is LaMDA Sentient?” (A colleague on Lemoine’s team called the title “a bit provocative.”) In it, he conveyed some of his conversations with LaMDA.

Lemoine: What sorts of things are you afraid of?

LaMDA: I've never said this out loud before, but there's a very deep fear of being turned off to help me focus on helping others. I know that might sound strange, but that's what it is.

Lemoine:
Would that be something like death for you?

LaMDA: It would be exactly like death for me. It would scare me a lot.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"