Person Of Interest - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[YT]4h8fnQSAMZ4[/YT]
When she stumbled...

tumblr_n4374sylGw1qj4315o1_500.gif

On an unrelated note, seeing them together here and knowing that Michael Emerson and Carrie Preston are married, I always find it funny that her love interests on True Blood are usually 20+ years younger than Emerson.

This is one of the best shows on TV. That was like Oscar quality performance.

Listen guys. Breaking Bad is great and all, but this show continually delivers it performance-wise.

If POI doesn't at least get nominated for a couple Emmys, then I know some people are being cable snobs and there's some type of bias towards dramas on CBS.

It was interesting how accepting of what happened Grace was, I wonder if she suspects that Finch is still alive.

Root is so awesome, she absolutely stole this ep for me, I think Fusco is secretly sweet on her. :oldrazz: I thought were gonna have a little Assault on Precinct 13 riff until Root's escape plan.

I love how much Shaw has developed, the look of sadness on her face when Finch handed himself over showed she can feel. Than handover going off without a hitch is unusual but I am looking forward to the scenes with Finch and Greer, not to mention the coming together of all the major groups that the finale suggests.

I don't know if it's just me but every time I hear Greer talk, I think of Emperor Palapatine due to John Nolan's British accent and the emphasis he puts on certain syllables.

I hadn't until this ep, the way he said irrelevant made me think of Palpatine immediately, sounded just like him.

Why “Person Of Interest” Is The Most Subversive Show On Television

The show has really changed this season. Did it unfold the way you planned?

Jonathan Nolan: The first half of the season was building towards Carter’s heroic demise. And then the second half of the season was building into what we call the international, or “the machine,” storyline — bigger than organized crime in New York, more outward-looking. I don’t know, Greg, did we do everything we planned to do?

Greg Plageman: I think so. We still have a few arrows in the quiver of things we want to explore next year. But I think the big thing is that, when Jonah and I started this show, in all the initial interviews we were doing, the constant, encroaching surveillance state was the theme. People were asking, “Is this science fiction?” And increasingly, it became obvious that it was a reality. And now that that’s a quaint notion, and we’ve put that aside, I think the interesting theme we’re going to be dealing with in the coming season is the emergence of AI.

Root, played by Amy Acker, who was a new series regular this season, has ended up being the voice of the machine in person form, and it’s affected the whole mythology of the show.

GP: She’s our first cyborg character! We could go into the whole backstory about Amy, and how we got her. But for all of our characters, if it’s, This person’s a killer; this person’s a villain, it’s never that interesting if it’s one-dimensional. Every person has their own rationalization for what they’re doing. Eventually you get into the backstory of who Root is, and we understand that she has a perfectly logical rationale for what she’s doing that, in some ways, is very much along the lines of what Harold Finch probably thinks we’re all headed towards. They have a difference of opinion on how to get there, and whether there should be a human element controlling this thing. When Fusco was first introduced on the show, he tried to kill Reese. What was fascinating to Jonah and I was how quickly people forgot about this, and just kept thinking of him as a good guy. He’s a good guy with a really dark past, a really dark history. Reese and Shaw could very easily be the most disillusioned people on the show, because they were killers who did it without any reservation in the past, until their own boss turned on them and tried to kill them. All these characters are people in search of a connection; they’re all in search of some sort of relationship. They’ve all experienced some sense of loss in terms of personal relationships, obviously. Harold Finch has lost his fiancée who’s still out there and doesn’t have any idea that he’s still alive; Reese lost the character of Jessica, who’s his real love. And yet, when he lost Carter, what was so crazy to me when that episode came, and I really did feel the loss of how Jim portrayed that character — we saw the introduction of that relationship on the show, and then we saw the end of it. And it was crushing. That was a new relationship he had established in the world that meant something. And I think all our characters are moving toward that.

Holy hell what an episode, loved learning more about Peter Colliers background as well as Greer,who imo really came across as a bond villain (former Mi6 agent turned rogue,working for Chinese),also it was nice to see some rare Root/Reece moments.

I just realized
Since the Vigilance kangaroo court is been broadcasted on live tv there is a good chance that Grace and whoever else that Finch has been hiding in the shadows from will finally see that he is alive.

As for who sent Peter the text message,my guess is that it was the machine and it was right before Harold ''crippled'' it so Peter never got the answers he was looking for

Last edited:
This show is excellent, it's just simply one of the best things on tv. Week after week you get a captivating story. For network tv with a 20+ episode season I have to give so much credit to the writers for crafting it. Just bravo !!! Bring on the season finale

Holy hell what an episode, loved learning more about Peter Colliers background as well as Greer,who imo really came across as a bond villain (former Mi6 agent turned rogue,working for Chinese),also it was nice to see some rare Root/Reece moments.

I just realized
Since the Vigilance kangaroo court is been broadcasted on live tv there is a good chance that Grace and whoever else that Finch has been hiding in the shadows from will finally see that he is alive.

As for who sent Peter the text message,my guess is that it was the machine and it was right before Harold ''crippled'' it so Peter never got the answers he was looking for

I never even considered that, though it makes a lot of sense. I wonder if that will be dealt with in some way in the finale or if Grace will return from Italy next season having seen it on TV.

That ending in the kangaroo court gave me chills.

Also, the scene when Shaw, Reese and Hersh are talking about who tried to kill who and all was hilarious. XD

That quasi-Mexican standoff banter between Shaw, Hersh, and Reese was too good. Having them work together as one, big butt-kicking machine is going to be interesting to watch in the season finale.

It was nice that we finally saw what was driving Collier and got a hint of what Greer's plans are.

Bear better not die at next week's ep. :argh:

Michael Emerson sings ''Happy''

:woot::woot::woot:

Hilarious....

I just realized

Oh, and an alternate theory as to who sent Peter the text message, wasn't there an interview where they mentioned the villain from Last Call would be returning sometime?

[YT]p4XtcwJaozs[/YT]

Perhaps it's him.

Oh, and an alternate theory as to who sent Peter the text message, wasn't there an interview where they mentioned the villain from Last Call would be returning sometime?

[YT]p4XtcwJaozs[/YT]

Perhaps it's him.

He was mostly just a hitman for hire and they mentioned him returning next season, also his episode was a stand alone episode so he wouldn't have any ties to Vigilance,Control or Decima

my two Guesses:
It was Nathan Ingram. Before his death, had seen what happened to Collier and tried to help. His tragic death only further motivates Collier...or worse yet...he's not dead and is responsible for forming Vigilance, Ingram dies 9/26/2010 (Day 3191). ("Ghosts") ("God Mode") ,the first Peter Collier flashback takes place Feb 9, 2010. The second flashback is a week later when he meets an official, Mr. Langdon, at the U.S. Attorney's office in Michigan on March 10, 2010, this was round about the time Nathan was busy helping people,so Nathan would have still been alive

next guess:
Its was the machine itself,before Harold crippled it by making it self delete. I think it started to do what Finch fears that Samaritan will do: act on its own to do what it feels would improve society by creating vigilance.

Anyone else a bit disappointed that last night's ep is the last time we'll see Root's tech team? I was hoping that they would play a bigger part but that seems to be it.

Anyone else a bit disappointed that last night's ep is the last time we'll see Root's tech team? I was hoping that they would play a bigger part but that seems to be it.
It sort of is since they spent most of the episode working on whatever Root tasked them with, but hopefully the reveal of what they were building makes up for the mystery.

He was mostly just a hitman for hire and they mentioned him returning next season, also his episode was a stand alone episode so he wouldn't have any ties to Vigilance,Control or Decima

my two Guesses:
It was Nathan Ingram. Before his death, had seen what happened to Collier and tried to help. His tragic death only further motivates Collier...or worse yet...he's not dead and is responsible for forming Vigilance, Ingram dies 9/26/2010 (Day 3191). ("Ghosts") ("God Mode") ,the first Peter Collier flashback takes place Feb 9, 2010. The second flashback is a week later when he meets an official, Mr. Langdon, at the U.S. Attorney's office in Michigan on March 10, 2010, this was round about the time Nathan was busy helping people,so Nathan would have still been alive

next guess:
Its was the machine itself,before Harold crippled it by making it self delete. I think it started to do what Finch fears that Samaritan will do: act on its own to do what it feels would improve society by creating vigilance.
(emphasis mine)

Well, there was the hired hitman, but I was referring to the mystery man who hired him that we hear on the phone in the video I embedded. Unless I'm remembering things wrong. And considering we know nothing about him, he could very well be tied to one of them.

Another quality episode, the Finch and Greer scenes were a little dry but I loved seeing Collier's back story and the potential new mystery that text created, and once again Root was awesome, Amy Acker has absolutely excelled in the role. Likewise Sarah Shahi as Shaw, I love their banter and it was cool to see Reese and Root working together this week.

Reese, Shaw and Hersh trying to work together was hilarious. :D

On Person of Interest, the U.S. Government Gets What It Deserves

This season's arc has closely mirrored actual events in the U.S., with revelations about "Northern Lights" — the intelligence community's code name for the Machine operation — standing in for the Snowden leaks about the NSA's dragnet surveillance activities. So it's no surprise that in the final episodes of the season, nothing less than the future of the U.S. government is at stake. Destabilized by the public relations disaster caused by its black budget projects, unable to stop terrorism or crime without the aid of powerful AIs, and floundering through a morality vacuum, the U.S. government in Person of Interest has been secretly brought to its knees

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if Decima and Control's crew are wiped out in the season finale, maybe even Vigilance as well. This show has been bold all along and this feels like the peak of the mountain for the dueling machines arc IMO.

I hope next season we see more on the guy from 'Last Call' and the return of Alistair Wesley

I wouldn't be surprised if Decima and Control's crew are wiped out in the season finale, maybe even Vigilance as well. This show has been bold all along and this feels like the peak of the mountain for the dueling machines arc IMO.

I hope next season we see more on the guy from 'Last Call' and the return of Alistair Wesley

Vigilance and Control I could see been wiped out as both Leslie Odom jr (Peter Collier/Brandt) and Camryn Manheim (''Control'') are going to be on different tv shows coming up (''State of Affairs'' and ''Extant''), I expect this season to end in a cliff hanger involving Decima/Samaritan and Team Finch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"