Dark Phoenix Phoenix must be destroyed!" The Official Lilandra Thread

I was reading up on Lady Mastermind it seems like Kinberg took inspiration for Jessica’s character with the ability to cast illusions and telepathy which will play a part of Jean going dark. I really want to know who this “alien” race is. Lol what if the twist is she’s not Lilandra but her sister Deathbird who killed her older sister in her quest for power and the Phoenix Force and lead the Shi’ar and Imperial Guard to Earth???

I was reading up on Lady Mastermind it seems like Kinberg took inspiration for Jessica’s character with the ability to cast illusions and telepathy which will play a part of Jean going dark. I really want to know who this “alien” race is. Lol what if the twist is she’s not Lilandra but her sister Deathbird who killed her older sister in her quest for power and the Phoenix Force and lead the Shi’ar and Imperial Guard to Earth???
There were rumors from the beginning that she would be that character. Her character so far is the biggest mystery in recent memory for a villain.

That would be extremely cool.
Maybe this version of Deathbird has illusion powers.

yeah, and it would be pretty cool if Kinberg named her character something like Cal'syee Nova Frost, as a nod to all the characters he took elements from.
10 times better than using any of those actual characters from the comics

Well at least it won't hinder the chances of another character being used in the mcu films. If we had the Shiar and the rest, Marvel Stud10s might not want to use them because of the Dark PhoeniX film.

Even though sony's been avoiding previous Spiderman villains despite the reboot, i can see Marvel's X-Men presenting a new Magneto, Mystique, Brotherhood, Juggernaut, Morlocks, Emma Frost, Sinister, Omega Red, Mojo... What I don't get is whether or not Fox's current creative team or producers will be involved.

Last edited:
yeah, and it would be pretty cool if Kinberg named her character something like Cal'syee Nova Frost, as a nod to all the characters he took elements from.
10 times better than using any of those actual characters from the comics
Yeah because no other company has ever amalgamized more than one character before... oh yeah except all of them.

I could be wrong, but I think she's Phoenix Force.

I could be wrong, but I think she's Phoenix Force.

She’s not. I think that actually would’ve worked and would’ve been really interesting, but alas.

She’s the leader of a race of unnamed aliens who’ve been following the Force with the goal of weaponizing it to reshape the universe. I guess it’s possible they could’ve left some vital information out for the final cut (like they did with Jean’s sacrifice in X2) to surprise everyone, but I doubt it. And had they wanted to turn her into an embodiment of the Force, it would make a lot of the new third act puzzling. Jean transfers some of the Force to Chastain twice (once willingly and once forced,) so that would mean she’s transferring herself to herself? That doesn’t make sense. Why would she, void of a host, fight the X-Men in a personified form? Why would she have alien minions? Why would she want to weaponize herself? Unfortunately, yeah, no, she’s not.

Why would you introduce a race of unnamed aliens that look exactly like humans?

Why would you introduce a race of unnamed aliens that look exactly like humans?

An intriguing question, for sure. She was intended to be Lilandra and they were intended to be the Shi’ar early on. The studio’s partly to blame, but I do think Kinberg could’ve found a better way to rewrite these characters. I think she (and they) will ultimately be serviceable and entertaining enough, but I can’t help but feel it’s a bit of a missed opportunity.

I do think there was a way to make Lilandra, if not all of the Shi’ar, work in one film.

Kinberg is introducing fresh villains and aliens to change up the comic story and the earlier Last United Stand movie. He’s keeping it fresh, hip and ready. Lets go with hos vision. I am truly eXcited to see where he is going with JeXXica ChaXtain’s character

Kinberg is introducing fresh villains and aliens to change up the comic story and the earlier Last United Stand movie. He’s keeping it fresh, hip and ready. Lets go with hos vision. I am truly eXcited to see where he is going with JeXXica ChaXtain’s character

Your sarcasm would benefit from a little more subtlety and nuance.

An intriguing question, for sure. She was intended to be Lilandra and they were intended to be the Shi’ar early on. The studio’s partly to blame, but I do think Kinberg could’ve found a better way to rewrite these characters. I think she (and they) will ultimately be serviceable and entertaining enough, but I can’t help but feel it’s a bit of a missed opportunity.

I do think there was a way to make Lilandra, if not all of the Shi’ar, work in one film.

Kinberg wasn't the guy in 2006 and he's not the guy in 2019.

Kinberg wasn't the guy in 2006 and he's not the guy in 2019.

People will call me a Kinberg defender even though this is what I view as me simply being fair. The Last Stand came with a lot of studio-demanded requirements; the Dark Phoenix saga taking a back seat, Cyclops being killed off, Wolverine being the focus and the Phoenix being grounded and “realistic”. So, yeah, it was a very disappointing film, but it wasn’t all his fault. It seems like he’s at least trying to rectify most of those complaints while still staying true to the tone of the series with Dark Phoenix. But, yeah, he wasn’t my first (or second or third) choice to write or direct given a lot of his less than stellar work history. I’m willing to give him a second chance, though. If it sucks, what have I got to lose?

Then what are they aliens? And what are they called?

I don’t think they’re called anything. I think they’re meant to be ambiguous... at least in this cut. They don’t naturally look like humans; they take on the appearance of humans. They have a true form that’s at least partially seen in the film.

People will call me a Kinberg defender even though this is what I view as me simply being fair. The Last Stand came with a lot of studio-demanded requirements; the Dark Phoenix saga taking a back seat, Cyclops being killed off, Wolverine being the focus and the Phoenix being grounded and “realistic”. So, yeah, it was a very disappointing film, but it wasn’t all his fault.
But the new narrative that's sprouted out of nowhere from people here is that Dark Phoenix also comes with a lot of studio-demanded requirements.

If (when?) this gets bad reviews, will we also hear that it isn't all his fault? Will we then have to give him another chance? And if the majority of us don't will be be seen as the bad people again?

I don’t think they’re called anything. I think they’re meant to be ambiguous... at least in this cut. They don’t naturally look like humans; they take on the appearance of humans. They have a true form that’s at least partially seen in the film.

That's bad writing and storytelling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"