Dark Phoenix Phoenix must be destroyed!" The Official Lilandra Thread

But the new narrative that's sprouted out of nowhere from people here is that Dark Phoenix also comes with a lot of studio-demanded requirements.

If (when?) this gets bad reviews, will we also hear that it isn't all his fault? Will we then have to give him another chance? And if the majority of us don't will be be seen as the bad people again?

I mean, I don’t really care what you or anyone else decides to do. That’s none of my business. If I think it’s bad, I have no reason to give him another chance. I don’t think you or anyone else is “bad” because of your distaste for Kinberg. You do waste a lot of time and energy hating him, though. But you’re entitled to, so...

How is it wasting time and energy? I'm a fan of the property and I want them to be treated better.

We can see from the posts of some of Kinberg's biggest defenders that they are not fans of X3, F4 and Apocalypse. They actually legitimately despise those movies.

Can I also say these same people cheering on someone who's failed more than he's succeeded, someone whose work they absolutely despise also wasting time and energy?

How is it wasting time and energy? I'm a fan of the property and I want them to be treated better.

We can see from the posts of some of Kinberg's biggest defenders that they are not fans of X3, F4 and Apocalypse. They actually legitimately despise those movies.

Can I also say these same people cheering on someone who's failed more than he's succeeded, someone whose work they absolutely despise also wasting time and energy?

You sure can. And when it comes to his blind defenders I would absolutely agree. It rarely pays to be on the extreme end of either side of the spectrum. Even less when said spectrum is regarding Simon Kinberg.

I guess I’m kind of in the middle. And that’s mainly because I like what I’ve seen so far. I also don’t like to try and predict someone’s future based on their past mistakes. I mean, unless they’re monsters... but I don’t think Kinberg’s a monster.

Its a case of if the film is bad then we will certainly find out. but you feeling the need to constantly remind people of negative things or trying to convince people a film no one has seen yet is gonna be bad is kinda coming across as if you are trying too hard, when if you was really sure of yourself i don't think you would have to feel that way.

I don't think Kinberg's a monster either, have people said things about his private life here? I surely haven't.

I couldn't care less if Kinberg's a nice guy in real life. What I care about is his work. Should I only hate someone's work if they are monsters? Should I give him a pass if he's a nice guy?
but you feeling the need to constantly remind people of negative things or trying to convince people a film no one has seen yet is gonna be bad is kinda coming across as if you are trying too hard, when if you was really sure of yourself i don't think you would have to feel that way.
Nah. It's damned if you do, damned if you don't. Don't even try to say any different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"