Power Rangers 4.0 - Part 2

The new sneak peek addresses the pterodactyl in the room. Kudos to the writers for addressing it instead of just ignoring it

Im watching the Turbo movie again for the first time in almost a decade and I'm still surprised that they had AJJ/Kim & ASt.J/Jason but decided to do basically the minimal with them instead of expanding on their roles.

General consensus seems to be: very Neo Saban feel (due to the current writers) but it's the best of Neo Saban. General score seems to be 7/10.

It being more "mature" doesn't seem like it's made a big difference in quality.

The special felt like a slightly more mature version of Power Rangers who dealt with stronger matters such as death and consequences. Our beloved Rangers have certainly grown .

Billy a tech mogul billionaire with Cranston technology
Zack a former congressman
Rocky a firefighter
Kat a parent

I commend Walter and David performance carrying this reunion on their shoulders. They had the toughest assignment . The dynamic with both Catherine and Steve brought back the old Zeo days. Unfortunately Kat and Rocky were just stand ins for AmyJo’s Kimberly and ASJ’ Jason.

I was happy to see the character of Tommy one last time as the Green Ranger even though it wasn’t JDF. Hearing his audio voice made me cry a bit.

Overall I really enjoyed it! By the end I definitely had tears in my eyes.

Sure, the story could've been a little tighter but the characters were all great and loved how mature they were able to me. There was STABBING! It wasn't over the top but they were finally able to use their weapons properly.

The updates to the Rangers lives was great and believable. Zack was the standout and had so many great scenes. Billy having to deal with the grief was nice and by the end he started to loosen up a bit.

Seeing Rocky/Kat again was nice! It's refreshing that they show up and have actual dialogue and personalities instead of being brought to a special where they're silent.

Rita was ruthless and I loved it. Imagine how epic Zedd could be again if he was able to be on her level. The backstory as to how she was revived was simple, to the point, and didn't break any big continuity.

Minh is a great addition and i hope this isn't the last we see of her.

I just wish they were able to get slightly upgraded uniforms.

I think a lot of people and critics forget that since they do film in NZ it makes things 10x harder to bring back characters.

For it being Power Rangers, i cant grade it like a normal show but on the PR scale, id give it 8/10.

It was cheesy in all the right and classic ways, really hit the feels.

My biggest complaint is the lack of the Megazord dialogue during the transformation. Those two lines are ESSENTIAL to me.

This was rough to watch. Safe to say, these actors won’t be getting award nominations anytime soon

This was rough to watch. Safe to say, these actors won’t be getting award nominations anytime soon
At the very least, I will say that it didn't make it unwatchable for me. I expected some rust for this cast as most, if not all, never kept up with acting in anything prominent outside of PR. I still very much enjoyed it though! Those MMPR suits still hold up so well, I love them. Also, nice touch to add the OG casts kicking and punching sounds, at least for Trini and Kim as those stood out the most for me. Wish we got more PR characters from the Zordon era here, but I'm sure with a limited budget and out of the country shooting location they did what they could. A nice little love letter project for the MMPR cast and I'm happy for David Yost given his history with the franchise, they gave him a lot of room to shine here, same can be said for Walter. The zords in this were also perfection

db9c5e8c514f36fa9533229769a30b60ba12faea.gifv

576d1d31352cf10c07ea1e2605d21a728052d8b4.gifv

54a0b50623fc2fa3a0aa8ffea55d11ddff19c5c1.gifv

8c3be98aeb4b36b2452315084d8577d75c8f4e3a.gifv

If you watch PR for strong acting....70% of the time it's not good.

It made sense as to why Aisha and Adam weren't able to teleport to where Rangers HQ was until the end. The distance was too far for them to transport. And they work for Billy now as astronauts. Hope they return for a sequel, which hopefully features an upgrade Lord Zedd and his minions. Currently watching their arc on the original series right now.

also the nice easter egg for Bulk and Skull

Despite my dislike of them actually killing off Trini in the special, that was a fun time. NZ is great when they aren't trying to blend it in with Japanese locations. Really dove into the teen with attitude with Minh, huh. I think they should've modeled the suit more than the toys for the Megazord, but the cg wasn't terrible.

And not gonna lie, cutting to Kim's song for the final tribute. tears

Its weird. Yost has these weird gaps in his acting, especially when its the sillier parts. Cardenas has the opposite problem, where he does better with the sillier content.

Still, there's a reason why most Rangers aren't still thriving actors.

If they do pursue more PR from this with the OG cast and perhaps blend in a younger cast with them, I am still hoping they dive into animation here. Let's just say that it's obvious that the OG cast isn't as.. spry as they once were, and to me, that stands out far more than the stiffer acting. A CG animated series similar to the animation from Camp Cretaceous (a Netflix original)
MV5BNjYyZjNiODgtNTQxNC00MWQyLTljMTAtYzI2NzZkNWNlYmU1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjg1NDcxNDE@._V1_.jpg

would be perfect here and allow for far more freedom to expand the PR world and include more cast members that otherwise wouldn't be available. Huge missed opportunity not leaning in that direction.

Loved it! All things considered got the most out of a 55 minute episode. In the end I was balling my eyes out

It's currently in the top 10 Nextflix most viewed at #3 in the United States. Let's see if it will hit 1st place.

So did anyone else notice that when

Rocky and Kat teleported with Adam and Aisha, the beams of their teleportation were what the four were as Rangers? Obviously, Rocky and Kat were Rangers this whole time. Adam and Aisha might have been in Space.

So did anyone else notice that when

Rocky and Kat teleported with Adam and Aisha, the beams of their teleportation were what the four were as Rangers? Obviously, Rocky and Kat were Rangers this whole time. Adam and Aisha might have been in Space.

I wasn't surprised by that. It's a simple callback to who they were previously.

It's currently in the top 10 Nextflix most viewed at #3 in the United States. Let's see if it will hit 1st place.

Id say #3 is pretty damn good. It was cheap to produce and it's pure nostalgia that has no big names. That alone should greenlight more specials

I went into this with pretty low expectations and ended up enjoying it quite a bit. The nostalgia hit me pretty hard as soon as it started, and the short running time was pretty much perfect.

This actually felt like classic Power Rangers unlike that 2017 reboot and honestly at the end of the day that's all I'm asking for despite the fact that it might be lacking in other areas and the tribute at the end was a nice touch.

Loved the look of the suits in this, especially in the opening sequence and it was just nice seeing everybody interact although Walter Emanuel Jones and David Yost definitely carried this the most.

Also, Rita Repulsa was savage asf in this lol.

So at the end of season four, with the Alien Rangers.....Aisha chose to stay in Africa to work with animals. So sometime between then and the events of this Power Rangers event, she went to work for Billy and had a reunion with Adam. I am four episodes into Power Rangers Zeo and I am not feeling the robot villians. Also in Season Two, Zack was chosen for a World Peace Conference, a foreshadowing to his political career.

Last edited:
So apparently the villain of season three of Power Rangers: Dino Fury (under the name Power Rangers: Cosmic Fury) is

Lord Zedd, who came back in Dino Fury, which makes me want to watch the show.

Last edited:
Just finished it.

Its heart was in the right place. Parts were rough to watch from an acting standpoint and budget standpoint. But it had plenty of heart and Walter and David did the best they could with the material.

I felt...sad when it ended because i feel like this special really just made me sad that a REAL reunion special will never ever happen. I cant help but imagine an alternate reality where Trang and David Frank were still alive and we got a REAL movie with all six OG actors reprising their roles and how special that would've been.

But all in all its rough but it was the best they could have done with what they had and I'm glad they did it.

Someone on Reddit said that:

Tanya was one of those Power Rangers captured by Robo Rita and that she in her "Zeo Yellow Ranger" costume" and that she was the only Zeo Ranger left because Adam was in Space, Tommy, Kat, Rocky and Billy were back as Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"