Power Rangers 4.0 - Part 2

I'm surprised that they actually reused voice clips of Jason, Tommy, Kimberly and Trini doing their karate yells while they were fighting the putties at the beginning rather than some soundalikes. Because when Austin St John, Walter Jones and Thuy Trang left in Season 2, they left before doing the ADR for the episodes that they were actually present for, so they had their soundalikes do Jason, Zack and Trini's karate yells while they were fighting. Either that or they'd be silent.

Tanya was one of those Power Rangers captured by Robo Rita and that she in her "Zeo Yellow Ranger" costume" and that she was the only Zeo Ranger left because Adam was in Space, Tommy, Kat, Rocky and Billy were back as Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
[/QUOTE]

not like they wouldn't be able to access those powers if need be

Just finished it.

Its heart was in the right place. Parts were rough to watch from an acting standpoint and budget standpoint. But it had plenty of heart and Walter and David did the best they could with the material.

I felt...sad when it ended because i feel like this special really just made me sad that a REAL reunion special will never ever happen. I cant help but imagine an alternate reality where Trang and David Frank were still alive and we got a REAL movie with all six OG actors reprising their roles and how special that would've been.

But all in all its rough but it was the best they could have done with what they had and I'm glad they did it.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Its heart really was in the right place, loved the actress playing Minh, I teared up at the tribute at the end, and yeah.

This special was cool for what it was.

Just finished it.

Its heart was in the right place. Parts were rough to watch from an acting standpoint and budget standpoint. But it had plenty of heart and Walter and David did the best they could with the material.

I felt...sad when it ended because i feel like this special really just made me sad that a REAL reunion special will never ever happen. I cant help but imagine an alternate reality where Trang and David Frank were still alive and we got a REAL movie with all six OG actors reprising their roles and how special that would've been.

But all in all its rough but it was the best they could have done with what they had and I'm glad they did it.
I agree. It was cool to see them back in action but it felt very low budget.

As far as acting is concerned, Amy Jo Johnson really carried the cast in any Power Rangers show or movie she was in so her absence was noticeable here. Her and JDF were the better actors in the bunch.

Cat revealed in the original script they had Tommy lose it after Trinis death and basically estrange himself from Kat. They were originally co-parenting.

Also a cut scene of young Charlie watching Trini practice

Tanya was one of those Power Rangers captured by Robo Rita and that she in her "Zeo Yellow Ranger" costume" and that she was the only Zeo Ranger left because Adam was in Space, Tommy, Kat, Rocky and Billy were back as Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

not like they wouldn't be able to access those powers if need be[/QUOTE]

Both Aisha and Adam said that they received the protocol signal from Alpha, but were too far away to be able to teleport, which meant that they both could still be Rangers, although on a part time basis, but I am not sure if Aisha still has her ninja powers. Adam might still be able to access his Zeo powers.

I re-watched the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers story all the way through the 19th episode of Power Rangers Turbo, including the two movies during that time period as well as a rewatch of this new movie and here are my thoughts:

- The 20th episode of Power Rangers Turbo was the first without the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. 19 episodes we had Kat, Tommy and Adam, all of whom were Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. It wasn't the same after that and I went out. For me, episode 19 of Power Rangers Turbo was the official end of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.....until this new movie came out.
- This film is a redemption for Rocky a bit. In the Turbo movie, he made a flip and broke his back. In this one, he made a successful landing.
- When we last saw Aisha before this movie, she left the Rangers because she wanted to help injured animals in Africa and gave her spot to Tanya. Something happened there that caused her to go back to the present and go into space with Adam.
- If you bring back the Ninja storyline, you'd have to get Zack and Minh involved, because Zack was long gone when that storyline came about, but Billy, Kat, Rocky, Aisha and Adam were a part of that story. They would have to work around the fact that Minh is now the Sabre Tooth Tiger Ranger, especially if Adam and Aisha become more involved in that story again. If they bring back the Zeo storyline, you'd have to bring back Tanya and get Adam more involved in the story, but also get Aisha, Zack and Minh heavily involved as well. Not sure how Zack would react to Ninja Rangers and Zeo Rangers, but Minh would be in total awe and probably think it's all totally cool.
- I consider Tanya to be "Mighty Morphin Adjacent" along with the kid who became a Blue Ranger in Power Rangers Turbo. So if they bring Nakia Burrise back for the next one, there wouldn't be much of an awkward transition. She would already have a built in relationship with Aisha, Kat, Rocky, Adam and Billy. My definition of "Mighty Morphin Adjacent" is a Power Ranger who has significant ties to the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers but was never part of the group itself. I did not consider Minh to be "Mighty Morphin Adjacent" before she became the Yellow Ranger. I considered her an Ally of the group, like Alpha and Bulk and Skull and she's also the child of an MMPR. Plus, Tanya was captured by Robo Rita.
- Speaking of Bulk and Skull, I want to see their first reaction to Minh and that she's Trini's kid. They might joke about the fact that they are starting to get old. Shockingly they might have kids of their own who are Minh's age.
- This movie was the first time Zack and Kat interacted as Power Rangers, because he likely knew her at that point as Tommy's wife and a former Power Ranger.
- There is still a friendship between Kat and Aisha. If you notice that before they teleported, they hugged each other.

Last edited:
Skull has a son who'd be about 18 now

I never watched any Bulk and Skull Appearances after Power Rangers Turbo, because I left after episode 20, the first cast with a whole new crop of Power Rangers. I re-watched all of Power Rangers Zeo because there was still Kat, Rocky, Adam, Billy and Tommy along with newcomer Tanya. Rocky and Billy left after Power Rangers Zeo, but there was still Tommy, Adam and Kat among the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers left by Power Rangers Turbo.

I never watched any Bulk and Skull Appearances after Power Rangers Turbo, because I left after episode 20, the first cast with a whole new crop of Power Rangers. I re-watched all of Power Rangers Zeo because there was still Kat, Rocky, Adam, Billy and Tommy along with newcomer Tanya. Rocky and Billy left after Power Rangers Zeo, but there was still Tommy, Adam and Kat among the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers left by Power Rangers Turbo.
In Space is really worth a watch.

I agree. It was cool to see them back in action but it felt very low budget.

As far as acting is concerned, Amy Jo Johnson really carried the cast in any Power Rangers show or movie she was in so her absence was noticeable here. Her and JDF were the better actors in the bunch.

Its freakin Power Rangers. It will always be low budget. And frankly, that's part of the charm.

I think it's hard to fathom how Aisha suits up again in any future sequels now that Minh is the Yellow Ranger and she passed the torch to Minh at the end. If they need another Yellow Ranger, it will be Tanya since her Yellow Ranger Zeo is different enough from the Sabre Tooth Tiger Yellow Ranger (plus she was captured by Robo Rita). Adam is easier, since he could easily be the Green Ranger as he was in Power Rangers Zeo.

The Power Rangers are right now:
  • Red Ranger: Rocky
  • Blue Ranger: Billy
  • Pink Ranger: Kat
  • Black Ranger: Zack
  • Yellow Ranger: Minh
But also could be in the next sequel:
  • Green Ranger: Adam
  • Yellow Ranger Zeo: Tanya

Its freakin Power Rangers. It will always be low budget. And frankly, that's part of the charm.
I do at least wish they filmed someone in a Megazord suit on a green screen set. It would have looked much better than the CGI version in the special.

I do at least wish they filmed someone in a Megazord suit on a green screen set. It would have looked much better than the CGI version in the special.

I mean, even Super Sentai is using more and more CGI, and it is resulting in some great stuff. The zord stuff in Dino Fury is great, and from what I've seen, they are using more and more CGI in Super Sentai since then.

They didnt have any time. They were given a very short window to film this.

The special felt as if MMPR never went off the air. I like that they kept the 90's flavor with modern touch.

I don't expect a full-fledged series, but rather a series of specials.

The special felt as if MMPR never went off the air. I like that they kept the 90's flavor with modern touch.

I don't expect a full-fledged series, but rather a series of specials.

The hope is that next time, Aisha and Adam have more to do, except as I said earlier, it might be difficult to suit Aisha up again because she wasn't any other color in the original series except for being the Yellow Power Ranger and didn't move on to Power Rangers Zeo, where as Kat could easily use her Power Rangers Zeo suit if Amy Jo Johnston wanted to return as Kimberly.

All the different interpretations of Rita on screen
72dde955e360a421f0addd60488ab4428cade430.jpg

71805e3e056d4af24c86805480609d8e26a4d931.jpg

I became curious about the quality of the Power Rangers series post "Mighty Morphin" and so I finished up Power Rangers Turbo. I wasn't a fan of the Blue Ranger who replaced Rocky. The others were okay, but to me lacked the charm that the Mighty Morphin Rangers had. One of the better qualities that the Mighty Morphin Rangers had was when a teammate or few plan on leaving the team, the rest of the team (and Alpha and Zordon) encourage them to follow their post Ranger paths. Tommy, Billy and Kimberly supported the future paths of Zack, Jason and Trini, which paved the way for Aisha, Adam and Rocky. When Kimberly was considering staying, Tommy and the rest of the Rangers encouraged her to go follow her dreams. In the Miniseries, "Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers" Aisha left to help sick animals, which Zordon encouraged her to do and the Rangers were wishing her luck via the viewing globe. They also welcomed Tanya with open arms at the end of Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers and the start of Power Rangers Zeo (even after only just meeting her) and it didn't hurt matters that they had already known Aisha, Adam and Rocky and Kat before they all became Rangers.

The only real positive of the Post Mighty Morphin Power Rangers in Power Rangers Turbo was Bulk and Skull. Divatox lacked the charisma of Zedd and Rita. The team of brand new Rangers didn't really hit it for me.

Up next for me is Power Rangers in Space. Sounds wild based on it's Wiki Page....the Alien Rangers, Adam returns, Zordon and Alpha return, Rita and Zedd, Bulk and Skull (of course) and.....the Ninja Turtles (with apparently a female Ninja Turtle) and evil Power Rangers. I don't know if that's good or bad. As much as I thought the collab between the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and Masked Rider was good, I don't recall the Masked Rider having any sort of cultural relevance today as the Power Rangers and Ninja Turtles do because I don't recall hearing anything about a Masked Rider remake or reboot, while there's going to be a Seth Rogen produced Ninja Turtles animated movie coming out in August to go along with the various other Ninja Turtle reboots and remakes throughout the years. The Power Rangers in Space/Ninja Turtles Collaboration is either going to be super fun or super boring.

Toei has kind of given up on trying to let Kamen Rider gain a foothold in North America.

For those interested, Shoutfactory is having a good deal on their Super Sentai releases, except for the most recent 3 they released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"