Prince of Persia:The Sands of Time

I wish I could revoke your status as a mod for saying that.:dry::cmad:
Collin Farrell. Collin Farrell. Collin Farrell. Collin Farrell. Collin Farrell. Collin Farrell. Collin Farrell. Collin Farrell. Collin Farrell. Collin Farrell. Collin Farrell. Collin Farrell. Collin Farrell. Collin Farrell. Collin Farrell. :D:D:D:D:D

That was under a completely different circumstance. The problem was getting a big, white, intimidating actor to fill the part.

fine then, how about Halle Berry as "Catwoman"? you can't say there weren't hundreds of potential candidates who not only were the appropriate race for the part, but that hadn't proven time and again how inept they are as strong female heroins (like Berry showed as Storm and Jinx in Die Another Day).

Crooklyn said:
I'm not saying it's completely out of the realm, but idk how to say it...I just don't see it happening. I mean the only recent film I can think of that cast a white actor for a foreigner, was Ben Kingsley as Ghandi. But even then, they completely put him under make-up so that he wasn't a noticeable white guy.

they also cast Keanu Reeves as frickin' Siddartha in Little Buddha.

and if it's okay to have Kingsley as Ghandi if they put him under make-up, what's the problem with having a caucasian actor playing the Prince if they do the same with him?

what you're doing here is called "wishful thinking" ;)

Not to get of topic or anything, buuuuut Cleopatra *was* Caucasian. She was a Ptolemy, and a total inbreed Greek/Italian. Her parents were brother and sister. Her father and mother were Roman/Macedonian viceroys sent to Egypt to govern. The reason why Cleo is portrayed as Egyptian is because she adopted the culture and religion when she took the throne.

So she is seen as a Pharaoh, but yea, its the propaganda machine doing that, and for thousands of years it worked.

okey-dokey then.

Goddessreicho said:
Edit: I doubt we'll see an Iraqi actor as the Prince. But the we have some pretty good actors here who could pull of the look with the acting skill. Neeven has the quiet charisma of the prince, and he wouldn't be too old. Oded Fehr is too damn old.

by Neeven I believe you mean Naveen Andrews, Sayid on Lost.

I honestly don't understand this choice. yeah, he's the correct ethnicity, but HE LOOKS NOTHING LIKE THE CHARACTER.

with a little common sense, you can choose someone who's not exactly in the right ethnic group, but can pass for it, and most important, who fits the character.

Farrah ?

morenabaccarinskeletonknu4.jpg

Morena could pass for mexican, indian, middle eastern, whatever.

It would-will be annoying when they get a lilly white guy to play the lead.

It would-will be annoying when they get a lilly white guy to play the lead.

it'll no doubt happen, but I won't have much of a problem if he NAILS the role. they could make him up to darken his skin though.

Sometimes I wonder why certain people like this hottie, can't break through with attention grabbin' roles in major movies (or indie movies with a good buzz).

That's why Hollywood is a weird business. A business of luck, really. I don't think Lindesy Lohan is that talented (or hot), but she's everywhere, while someone who is hotter and has more talent is lost in the mix.

it'll no doubt happen, but I won't have much of a problem if he NAILS the role. they could make him up to darken his skin though.
I would have huge problem with it no matter how much he nails the role or they darken his skin.

Wouldn't it be cool to have an actor who actually looked like the charcter and was of the same race or close to it? I'm sure there are plenty of good looking actors young who would fit the bill.

I would have huge problem with it no matter how much he nails the role or they darken his skin.

Wouldn't it be cool to have an actor who actually looked like the charcter and was of the same race or close to it? I'm sure there are plenty of good looking actors young who would fit the bill.

of course it would be cool, but it's like I said: it's not gonna happen.

this is Jerry Bruckheimer we're talking about. he's gonna go with a bankable star, no doubt about it. he's not gonna take a big chance with an unknown on an unproven franchise that the studio is throwing a lot of backing on. Prince of Persia isn't like Superman, where the character is so big you can afford to go with an unknown.

we're gonna get a white boy, whether we like it or not. sooner you come to terms with it, the better.

of course it would be cool, but it's like I said: it's not gonna happen.

this is Jerry Bruckheimer we're talking about. he's gonna go with a bankable star, no doubt about it. he's not gonna take a big chance with an unknown on an unproven franchise that the studio is throwing a lot of backing on. Prince of Persia isn't like Superman, where the character is so big you can afford to go with an unknown.

we're gonna get a white boy, whether we like it or not. sooner you come to terms with it, the better.

I still say James McAvoy could pull it off.:o

Agreed.

I don't see why that Sayid guy wouldn't be a great choice. Straighten his hair and he's perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"