The Dark Knight Rises Questions about missing plot point, ect Thread.

Do you guys think that Bruce included Lucius in the Harvey Dent cover up? Seeing as how morally sound Lucius is (he was ready to resign when Bruce showed him to sonar/ cell phone device in TDK), and hearing about Batman killing those people on the news, that would put him in the position of aiding and abedding a criminal.

I'm quite sure he asked about it. I would have loved to have seen how that convo would have went.

I think the beauty of their whole relationship is their unspoken word, so no, I don't think Lucius would need to ask. Besides, with the sonar technology, wouldn't he have been able to tell what was going on during the whole Dent-Gordon-Batman scene anyways?

I think the beauty of their whole relationship is their unspoken word, so no, I don't think Lucius would need to ask. Besides, with the sonar technology, wouldn't he have been able to tell what was going on during the whole Dent-Gordon-Batman scene anyways?

Agreed. Plus Lucius is a very smart guy so even without the sonar technology he would have figured it out. Besides Lucius already knows that Batman isn't capable of killing cops.

Last edited:

We don't know exactly when Lucius typed in his name to destroy it, as the final montage is not playing out in real time. He promised to help Batman find Joker, and that was it. For all we know, as soon as Batman had Joker hanging upside down and the cops showed up, he could have destroyed it then.

My problems! Why didnt they blow the city when they first got the "bomb" why wait 5 months? What is the purpose? Bad guy monologuing?

If miranda hated her father for leaving him in the pit why did she continue his cause? Just because batman killed rhas? He would have been her idol for doing so!

If ras al ghul excomulgated bane, who trained bane? Why is he part of the league of shadows?

He says he was born in the darkness! Obviously it was not the story! Which is it! All just a distraction to make us believe that the kid was bane and not miranda/thalia?

In one year you do not train a guy like bane! So what is the chronology?

My problems! Why didnt they blow the city when they first got the "bomb" why wait 5 months? What is the purpose? Bad guy monologuing?

That was actually covered in the movie. It's kinda like torture (whether physically or in the mind), why not just kill them and get it over with?

Last edited:
Its a cliche monologuing.

Its stupid! They should have made it w/o the detonator! That would have solved the issue and the look on banes frustration after he says 5mo by my calculations!

Its a cliche monologuing.

Its stupid! They should have made it w/o the detonator! That would have solved the issue and the look on banes frustration after he says 5mo by my calculations!

He needed the detonator because he was using it to control the police and military. He said if they let anyone leave Gotham he'd have a citizen blow the city up.

Why did that military guy say he'd shoot Blake if he tried to get the kids across?

I watched for a second time and one of my great doubts are why Bruce says several times that there's no autopilot. Even in the last Batman scene, he tells Selina that there's no autopilot. Putting away the "rushed movie/screenplay/story" argument (which I say to each its own).

Is there anything I'm missing about this?
Does Bruce just really troll everyone into believing that there's no autopilot?

Why did that military guy say he'd shoot Blake if he tried to get the kids across?

Because of Bane's threat that anyone who tried to escape through the bridges had to be stopped or else he'd blow up Gotham.

The purpose was to fed Gotham and Bruce with false hope, hope that they'd survive this, hope that in the end they would be free and well. And then when they least expected it activate the bomb so they enjoy true dispair.

If miranda hated her father for leaving him in the pit why did she continue his cause? Just because batman killed rhas? He would have been her idol for doing so!

She didn't hated her father, she was mad at him because he excommunicated Bane because he (Ra's) couldn't bear to see Bane, because he (Bane) reminded him of what his wife suffered at the pit. Talia loved her father, it was just a normal daughter-father dispute. It's actually almost cliché the daughter fights her father for the bad boy.

If ras al ghul excomulgated bane, who trained bane? Why is he part of the league of shadows?

It was mentioned that Bane was part of and trained with the League of Shadows for a time and THEN he was excommunicated. Remember that on of the reasons that he was excommunicated was because of his disturbing brutality.

He says he was born in the darkness! Obviously it was not the story! Which is it! All just a distraction to make us believe that the kid was bane and not miranda/thalia?

Both statements are not mutually exclusive. There's nothing in Talia's story that contradicts Bane being born in the prison and growing up there. It even gives reason to why Bane was so protective of Talia. Both born in the darkness, one helps the other rise, and then returns the favor. Poetic.

We're not told when Ra's excommunicated Bane, it could've been some years after taking him and Talia in or a little before Batman Begins. Some theories say that right after Ra's excommunicates Bane, he goes looking for Bruce.

Hope I helped you clarify some things :D

The purpose was to fed Gotham and Bruce with false hope, hope that they'd survive this, hope that in the end they would be free and well. And then when they least expected it activate the bomb so they enjoy true dispair.

She didn't hated her father, she was mad at him because he excommunicated Bane because he (Ra's) couldn't bear to see Bane, because he (Bane) reminded him of what his wife suffered at the pit. Talia loved her father, it was just a normal daughter-father dispute. It's actually almost cliché the daughter fights her father for the bad boy.

It was mentioned that Bane was part of and trained with the League of Shadows for a time and THEN he was excommunicated. Remember that on of the reasons that he was excommunicated was because of his disturbing brutality.

Both statements are not mutually exclusive. There's nothing in Talia's story that contradicts Bane being born in the prison and growing up there. It even gives reason to why Bane was so protective of Talia. Both born in the darkness, one helps the other rise, and then returns the favor. Poetic.

We're not told when Ra's excommunicated Bane, it could've been some years after taking him and Talia in or a little before Batman Begins. Some theories say that right after Ra's excommunicates Bane, he goes looking for Bruce.

Hope I helped you clarify some things :D

A bit yes! But you say bane was too brutal for a league that wanted to poison all of gotham and watch them kill themselves!So the kurgan would have been too brutal for the league of shadows? "for amusement they tossed children in a pit of hungry dogs to fight for meat". Isnt the same thing rhas was doing with the hallucinogen?

Doesnt sound too good honestly. I could accept begins as it was the way they chose, but having a 4megaton bomb with a trigger and not using it is kind of silly.

They should have said they needed to wait and got rid of the ticker and or say it was fake.

This being the league that executes criminals.

But Bane was too brutal for them.

Even though he's shown to be basically leading them. So apparently he was only too brutal for Ra's.

Who wanted people to tear their city apart through terror and murder and whatnot.

Sigh.

one thing I wonder is how Bruce fixed his knee, after Bane breaks him. I mean, you see he used some support to walk and kick even better, but after Bane beats him, they take him to the prison, and there, after some work he gets back again, but with his destroyed knee healed???

btw, I love this movie, my favorite in the trilogy.

Dr. Pavel said that it will take about five months for the reactor to heat up enough to act as a nuclear bomb.

Bane wasn't left in the pit. After Talia found Ra's and the League, they rescued Bane but he was soon excommunicated. And yes, Talia did want to continue the destiny of Ra's al Ghul after his death. Might be sketchy, but I bought it.

He was trained by the League obviously for some time, but we don't know anything about his life after he left the League and him showing up to kidnap Dr. Pavel.

He was born in the pit, but he never escaped until the League rescued him, so he was telling the truth when he said he was a young man when he finally saw the light.

Hrm?

30 years prior to Batman Begins, a young Ra's al Ghul had an affair with the daughter of the warlord he was serving and married her, and while the warlord wanted to punish Ra's al Ghul by placing him in the pit, the warlord's daughter replaced Ra's al Ghul's place and then gave birth to Talia in the pit.

About, I'd say...10-11 years later, Talia finally escaped the pit and came to find her father that soon rescued Bane, but keeping Bane around only reminded Ra's of his deceased wife and what she went through and excommunicated Bane.

This being the league that executes criminals.

But Bane was too brutal for them.

Even though he's shown to be basically leading them. So apparently he was only too brutal for Ra's.

Who wanted people to tear their city apart through terror and murder and whatnot.

Sigh.

What Alfred said about Bane being too extreme for the League was false info.

I watched for a second time and one of my great doubts are why Bruce says several times that there's no autopilot. Even in the last Batman scene, he tells Selina that there's no autopilot. Putting away the "rushed movie/screenplay/story" argument (which I say to each its own).

Is there anything I'm missing about this?
Does Bruce just really troll everyone into believing that there's no autopilot?

The deal is, While Bruce was in the Pit..he was thinking of the possiblities of what could happen. He had already fixed the auto-pilot before he was put into the Pit, however he didn't know if he would need to use it when the time came. Not letting Fox know about the auto-pilot was his way of "playing it close to the chest". If he failed saving Gotham, he didn't want to give anyone false hope that he could indeed save Gotham. It was purely a matter of Bruce hoping himself that it worked if that was what it came down to. Also, Bruce may have been thinking of a situtation where he himself could escape "The Batman" life.

He didn't want to tell anyone and wanted to drive the point home that there was no auto-pilot for self protection. Had Selina or Fox known that The Bat had auto-pilot, they would have had hope that he woudl be able to save himself...but if indeed he failed to save himself..he would have left them with lost-hope. Does that make sense? It was a matter of driving the idea that HE wasn't going to survive saving his city and allow himself room to escape "The Batman" and "Bruce Wayne". This was his way of saving himself and killing off "The Batman Bruce Wayne". This was it..this was his final outting as the Savior of Gotham by literally being the SAVIOR of Gotham.

Bruce wants to die...but not literally, but medaphoricly. If Fox knew he had auto-pilot..he would have figured out Bruce was alive and found him afterwards...ruining his great escape as Bruce Wayne/The Batman...because he would have had to explain personally his reasons. Not telling Selina/Fox at first was a way for him to buy time and get out. Sure, it's not the greatest thing a friend could do, but it was the only way he knew how to let Bruce/Batman die without giving the ones close to him false hope.

What if he didn't make it and died literally? Then what?

That was actually covered in the movie. It's kinda like torture (whether physically or in the mind), why not just kill them and get it over with?
It was torture to Bruce and to the citizens of Gotham to keep them under the threat of this bomb going off. It would be easier for Bane just to blow Gotham up right away, but I think he prefers the method of a slow, painful death in this case.

It was torture to Bruce and to the citizens of Gotham to keep them under the threat of this bomb going off. It would be easier for Bane just to blow Gotham up right away, but I think he prefers the method of a slow, painful death in this case.

Or the slow knife as Talia would put it.

Bane instantly turned into the mute henchman type once Talia revealed herself to Bruce.

I think Talia & Bane shared same vision They pratically made Gotham turn into the pit and citizens are prisoners. People and police had posioned hope if they obey Bane,they are not gonna die but they were eighter way. (remember Gordon and Foley scene at his home)

Batman,Blake,Gordon and later Selina embraced fear of death and decided to act against Bane's will and succeed.Like how Bruce Wayne was only able to get out the pit without the rope when he embraced to fear of death.

I think Bane & Talia's vision was same. Creating the pit on Gotham and giving them fake hope to suffer more before death. They didn't think broken Batman, injured Gordon,rookie cop and a burgular will team up and climb above all together from the mess. They all jumped without the rope metaphorically. Rest of the Gotham couldn't dare.

Dr. Pavel said that it will take about five months for the reactor to heat up enough to act as a nuclear bomb.

That would actually save the movie for me from that monologuing stupid thing! Aside from that. They should have blown it up when they had the chance! Be it 15 mins before. Why wait after its ready?

I know you could say the right time to strike, but.... The right time would have been the time to get it done.

Anyways! Was bane pointing a shotgun to batmans head before selina kyle saved batman?

he was about to kill him obviously.

he wanted to kill him rather than allow him to wait for the explosion.

"we both know i have to kill you"
and
"You'll just have to imagine the heat(of the explosion)"

I would have liked a twist where the detonator was a dud, they still said they had it, but they never really did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"