The Dark Knight Rises Questions about missing plot point, ect Thread.

So how long were the construction crews working underneath Gotham to make all the explosives filled concrete all over the city? Apparently there was something shady going on for quite a while that maybe Batman could have done something about.

I don't understand why they even bothered to mention the construction crew connection. I guess to force some "corruption" elements into the movie with Dagget. When Gordon is taken through Bane's sewer tunnels, you can see the League of Shadows working on just that. They hardly needed the construction crews.

Also the whole point about faking the death of Dr. Pavel was to try and get Bruce Wayne to restart his Fusion Energy machine. They were hoping that if Bruce heard that the guy who claimed he could turn the fusion reactor into a bomb was dead, then Bruce might restart the Fusion reactor.

Except if they knew he had it...couldn't they have just taken control of it anyway? Like they did?

Did we get this scene ? I do not remember watching it.

dark-knight-rises-tumbler-explosion1.jpg

I don't understand why they even bothered to mention the construction crew connection. I guess to force some "corruption" elements into the movie with Dagget. When Gordon is taken through Bane's sewer tunnels, you can see the League of Shadows working on just that. They hardly needed the construction crews.

Except if they knew he had it...couldn't they have just taken control of it anyway? Like they did?

Dagget's crew was pouring the explosive concrete for a while though right? Probably before Bane arrived.

They knew he had it but they also knew he had mothballed it right? So Tate was trying to weasel her way in to find it. Which she did. It does suck that things like that weren't given enough time to breath.

Isnt that when the Bat swoops in to take out the Tumbler just as the police are about to charge? If not no idea.

Yep, that looks like the scene where the bat swoops in and fires a shot at the one tumbler then the police charge.

I think Miranda had been trying to weasel her way in to find the Fusion Reactor for some time according to the scene in the beginning where Dagget says something about Bruce having 8 inch nails and peeing into mason jars. The faking of Dr. Pavels death was just another attempt to tease Bruce out and restart the reactor project. Once that didnt work Miranda kept trying to get to Bruce and eventually succeeded.

So... I've wanted extended cuts of each film as they came out. Now though, with the trilogy complete... I imagine such becomes more of a reality.

Has Nolan ever commented on his thoughts on director's cuts? Extended DVDs? Deleted scenes?

Even if Nolan doesn't want to do a director's cut, the studio could do an extended and/or director's cut w/out him if need be...

We all know it would make boat-loads of money, especially Dark Knight via more of Ledger as the Joker.

I'm not sure... I've read THE DARK KNIGHT script and don't really see many things missing, it all seems like it stayed in there. I forget the BATMAN BEGINS script, but I also believe there too most of it was in the film. And unsure on TDKR yet. Basically, I don't think there's enough content as say SUPERMAN II, SPIDER-MAN III, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, and BATMAN FOREVER to warrant a director's cut without it seeming like a double dip edition for studio more than for the director. Warner Bros is a brilliant company in that it seems to trust the talent they have working for them now that rarely what we get in cinemas isn't very close to the director's initial cut of the movie.

A Director's cut would likely do little to improve my problems. The original script however is something I would pay to read.

Nolan doesn't do directors cuts. So no to the op's question. The only Ledger scene filmed that wasn't put in the film was him fleeing Bruce's penthouse after throwing Rachel out the window.

I'm glad Nolan gave us the shot from inside the bus with the hospital exploding in the background.

Nolan doesn't do Director's Cuts.

The closest we'll get is:

dark-knight-trilogy-book.jpg

If Nolan were ever to make a directors/ extended cut just once in his career it needs to be TDKR. Probably not going to happen though.

Using guns is difficult when they're fighting that close. Someone could have shot at them from a distance, but hand to hand combat might be necessary when you're literally face to face.

That's fine once things got close, but initially the cops are bottlenecked and several yards away. It takes them a few seconds to sprint to melee range. The mercs had time to unload on them World War 1 style, but they just popped a few of them before they got close. With fully automatic weapons they should have caused a LOT more damage before any cop got withing melee range.

I'm willing to get over it for the sake of enjoying the rest of the movie as a whole, but it doesn't really make sense. It's too bad they couldn't show Batman disabling the guns somehow when he swooped in close with the bat.

When Batman is fighting Bane in the sewers the first couple of punches Batman gives are to Bane's face, how is it that Bane's little tube thingies didn't dislodge then? Yeah I know the movie would've been over then.

But I think Batman didn't know full well about Bane's history enough to come up with a plan, he just charges at him blindly thinking Bane is a common thug.

This bothered me the first time I saw the movie, but after watching it again and for the third time the other day, I realize now that during the first fight Bruce doesn't know to concentrate his attack on the mask, and for that matter he only actually damages Bane's mask during the second fight with his wrist blades. Only after he gets a good swipe in with those wrist blades does Bane's mask ever get damaged.

With Nolan cutting ties to DC. He might not have any further say in the matter

Nolan doesn't do Director's Cuts.

The closest we'll get is:

dark-knight-trilogy-book.jpg

Yeah that book has literally everything you'd want in bonus features anyway. And as far as director's cuts with added scenes...nah. Like it's been said, not Nolan's thing.

It's not that it's Nolan's thing, it's that the theatrical versions of his films ARE Nolan's director's cuts. He cut the movie himself, what's not in the film is not in the film because he didn't want it there, not because some studio exec demanded it like with a lot of other movies.

People keep saying that Batman just didn't realize in the 1st fight that Banes weakness was his mask. And that's why he lost. That's a BS argument and extremely lame. Batman is supposed to be the worlds greatest detective. How could he not realize that his mask, which looks like it has some type of little breathing tubes on it was Banes weakness? Even if he didnt know for sure why he was wearing the mask or what it was for. Anyone with a bit of intelligence would think, "I'm gonna break that mask of his face." One way or the other.
I know it had to be for the story and for Batman to get beat up. But it didnt feel right that Batman couldn't figure this out in 2-3 seconds even if he was rusty. Maybe they could have done something where Batman damaged his hands or something so he couldn't strike the mask effectively. I dont know.

So... I've wanted extended cuts of each film as they came out. Now though, with the trilogy complete... I imagine such becomes more of a reality.

Has Nolan ever commented on his thoughts on director's cuts? Extended DVDs? Deleted scenes?

Even if Nolan doesn't want to do a director's cut, the studio could do an extended and/or director's cut w/out him if need be...

We all know it would make boat-loads of money, especially Dark Knight via more of Ledger as the Joker.
Whose cut do you think he put out?

I don't think he will do director's cuts, as the movies are his director's cut already.

I just hope that now with the trilogy being finished, he will release all the deleted scenes. Hopefully a trilogy set with a bonus disc featuring all deleted scenes. But I doubt he will do that... :-(

People keep saying that Batman just didn't realize in the 1st fight that Banes weakness was his mask. And that's why he lost. That's a BS argument and extremely lame. Batman is supposed to be the worlds greatest detective. How could he not realize that his mask, which looks like it has some type of little breathing tubes on it was Banes weakness? Even if he didnt know for sure why he was wearing the mask or what it was for. Anyone with a bit of intelligence would think, "I'm gonna break that mask of his face." One way or the other.
I know it had to be for the story and for Batman to get beat up. But it didnt feel right that Batman couldn't figure this out in 2-3 seconds even if he was rusty. Maybe they could have done something where Batman damaged his hands or something so he couldn't strike the mask effectively. I dont know.

Maybe so. I figured he was assuming that Bane wore the mask for theatricality/intimidation. Kind of like why he wears his mask and why the Joker put on war paint.

I mean, it's not like there were any big obvious tubes or gas tanks attached in the back or anything. This mask isn't as pronounced as Bane's venom tubes typically are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"