Rachel McAdams for Mary Jane

Discussion in 'Spider-Man Sequels' started by Catman, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Hobgoblin Veritas veritatum

Really? Nice. The more of Rachel around, the better. :woot:

2. Catman Registered

3. Catman Registered

McAdams wasn't cast in Iron Man, so that still gives her a shot for Spidey 4. :)

4. Hobgoblin Veritas veritatum

Boo ya! :woot: *drools*

5. Catman Registered

I'm glad someone else is happy. :)

6. shatterstar4ml Registered

McAdams in SM4 would make many men extremely happy. Kirsten Dunst is not a good actress at all. The first two SM were worse because she was in them. There's something about the way she ***** her head when she talks that really @##$$ ticks me off.

7. Hobgoblin Veritas veritatum

I have nothing against Dunst, I just like McAdams better. :yay: Then again, few can live up to McAdams. (Jessica Biel, Vida Guerra and Cate Beckinsale are the few exceptions)

8. Catman Registered

I like Dunst as well. But, McAdams may be an improvement in the acting and looks department. While a downgrade in the breast department. :o

9. Karea07 Registered

Kirsten Dunst > Rachel McAdams :cmad:

Atleast Kirsten doesn't have hairy nipples! :p

10. Catman Registered

Not this again! :cmad: Dude, I like Dunst as well, but I'll be the first to admit that McAdams is ten times the actress that she is.

11. Visionary Registered

I'm going to have to say no to Rachel McAdams, and to any other actress in Mean Girls. I really do hate young Hollywood. :dry:

12. Catman Registered

^ Rachel McAdams is NOTHING like Lindsay Lohan! Comparing McAdams to Lohan is like comparing Matthew Broderick to the Brat Pack.

13. Karea07 Registered

I don't agree... Rachel hasn't even been in that many films, she's a good actress -- but she hasn't proven herself, IMO.

Dunst has done many excellent roles, and has been applauded by critics for films including The Virgin Suicides, Marie Antoinette, Crazy/Beautiful, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Mona Lisa Smile, Wimbledon and Elizabethtown.

14. Karea07 Registered

Yeah, Rachel McAdams is nothing like Linsday Lohan. She's a million times better.

15. Catman Registered

Dude, I like Dunst too. But, McAdams has proven to be a verstile actress. She went from Mean Girls to Notebook to Wedding Crasher to Red Eye to Family Stone. Kirsten Dunst is a good actress, but she's always, well, Kirsten Dunst. She isn't as verstile as McAdams. Like she gave two completely different performances in Mean Girls and Wedding Crashers.

16. Karea07 Registered

I'm not saying Rachels not a versatile actress or that she sucks, I think she is good.

But going from Mean Girls to Notebook to Wedding Crashers isn't very different than going from Bring it On to Crazy/Beautiful or from Mona Lisa Smile to Wimbledon to Elizabethtown to Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind to Marie Antoinette, etc.

This is just all my opinion... I don't just see Kirsten Dunst in every role she does, because a lot of her roles are different. Sometimes with bigger actors and actors who literally grew up on screen, sometimes people just see the actor and not a character, though I've never had that problem with Dunst. Have you seen Interview With the Vampire, The Virgin Suicides or the majority of the films I listed?

17. Catman Registered

This is gonna sound sad, but I've seen almost every single film Dunst has made. Including silly TV movies like 15 and pregnant and that Disney haunted house movie with Steve Guttenberg. :o And, to me she always plays Kirsten Dunst. I'm not saying she's a bad actress because a lot of actors basically play themselves. Like, for example, I'm a big Will Smith fan but I'll be the first to admit that he always plays himself.

18. Shifty Chief of Surgery

Have you seen The Pursuit of Happyness?

19. Catman Registered

Not yet! But, one film isn't gonna make a difference. In the next film he'll be back to good ol' Fresh Prince. It's like when Ali came out. His follow-up was Men in Black II.

20. Shifty Chief of Surgery

No but if you're a fan you'll really enjoy the film. Make an effort to see it.

21. Catman Registered

^ I agree, man!

22. Hobgoblin Veritas veritatum

I liked Lohan for MJ for a long time, but while they are both very attractive redhead partygirls, MJ has always been able to stay level headed. McAdams is much more along the lines of Mary Jane. Fun but mature. Thats why I like her. And beautiful. Lets not forget she's a stunner. :woot:

As for acting, I haven seen that many of her movies, but they do seem pretty versatile. Comedy, drama and she has even expressed interest in sci fi. She mentioned one time that she saw Thundercats on TV and would love to play Cheetara in a movie. It was in an issue of Wizard a while ago, but I dont have a link.

BTW Catman, your avvy makes me very happy. :o

23. Catman Registered

^ Thank you :)

24. Hobgoblin Veritas veritatum

Never change it. Seriously. :o

25. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

if lohan shapes up then either one could do it.... Lohan pretty much lives a parrallel life to MJ, and shes actually not a bad actor... so either one works for me... as long as there not like gloomey kirsten who hasn't acted well for years