Rank the 3rd CBM's in a franchise.

The Dark Knight Rises. Easily.

The only other one on that list that I actually consider to be serviceable is Spider-Man 3.

The only silly thing about it is giving X-Men 3 such a high rating :oldrazz:

YOU MAKING FUN OF ME AND MY OPINIONS

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:
but seriosly?

I don't understand someone giving TDKR such a low rating while giving S-M 3 and X-Men 3 higher ratings when the majority greatly differs. It's a personal opinion, of course, but call me thick headed when I just don't understand it.

Plus, it has nothing to do with giving the other threequels a high score or anything. Heck, look where I place X-Men 3 even

The Dark Knight Rises - 10/10
X-Men 3: The Last Stand - 6/10
Superman Returns - 5/10
Spider-Man 3 - 4/10
Batman Forever - 4/10
Superman III - 3/10

I don't understand someone giving TDKR such a low rating while giving S-M 3 and X-Men 3 higher ratings when the majority greatly differs. It's a personal opinion, of course, but call me thick headed when I just don't understand it.

For me it comes down to enjoyment, nothing more, nothing less. Was Spider-Man 3 a good movie? No. Did I enjoy it more than TDKR? Absolutely.

Of course at this point I realize we're all doing this:

:bdh:

:D

Isn't this poll kinda pointless? TDRK is the top one by shear default.

TDKR
Superman Returns
Spider-Man 3
X-Men 3
Superman III
Batman Forever

I recently watched X3 again, and my memory of the film seems to be more favorable for the film than the recent viewing (which is shocking, since my initial response was that it sucked)

I originally thought Angel went to the X Mansion to inform the mutants of some sort of plan by his father to force the mutants to accent the cure and form some sort of contingency plan, but as it turns out, he was just there to ask if this is a school where mutants go. Apparently his limited role was even more limited than I thought. He had less than 5 minutes of screen time and one of them was in the teaser before the opening credits. Last time I checked, using characters in a teaser before the credits was an indication that said character would have lots of screen time and be fleshed out, it's like basic story-telling 101.

Also, the wire work for this film is atrocious and the most painfully obvious I've seen since Superman 4. While S4 was bad due to the fact that the wires were visible half the time, here it was bad due to the fact that the actual use of the wires to make the characters jump was done so poorly that it looked blatantly fake.

Last edited:
Its easily TDKR. TDKR is the only one on the list that is good. Spiderman 3 is kind of enjoyable and has, honestly, gotten BETTER over time, but still, no Rises.

Were is Tranformers: Dark Of The Moon from the list BTW? It should be on there, while its not an amazing movie, its the first threequel that bettered the sequel in a comic book franchise, and I would put it above X-Men 3, Superman 3 and probably Batman Forever as well.

I'm surprised this thread is still alive. We know the reason this thread was created to boost someone's feelings over TDKR and trying to show that it's the only 3rd CBM in a series to actually find success, but there's really no use for this thread/poll to continue.

While TDKR is very, very flawed, I may give it the nod as the best of the bunch from an objective perspective examining them as films. However, I enjoyed SM3 a tad more on a personal level. Both films are disappointing on many levels, but I really enjoyed the Harry/Peter stuff in SM3. TDKR I felt had a near perfect 1st act and then fell apart tremendously.

I'd say X3 was the next best after TDKR and SM3, but that's not saying much. X3 had some good action and isolated moments (X-Men actually working as a team) but very rushed story and needed a ton more screentime. Superman 3, Batman Forever, and Superman Returns just plain out suck. As does Blade Trinity.

1. The Dark Knight Rises ~ 9/10
2. Spider-Man 3 ~ 7.5/10 (it deserves that much)
3. X-Men 3 ~ 7.5/10 (not a bad film, I gave it a vote of sympathy)
4. Superman Returns ~ 8.5/10 (I enjoyed the two above more, but this one still deserves a better score)
5. Superman 3 ~ 6/10 (not a bad film)
6. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 ~ 6/10 (points deducted for ignoring this film)
7. Batman Forever ~ 6/10

The Dark Knight Rises-9.8/10
X Men 3-6/10
Batman Forever-6/10
Superman Returns-5/10
Spiderman 3-3/10
Superman 3-2/10

My opinions seem to be opposite with the worlds

I really didn't like TDKR but I find X3 to be the best right behind First Class.

Oh well. It's called an opinion for a reason.

^ Welcome to the club.

(Referring to my VERY minority opinions of TAS-M in the Spidey boards)

^ Welcome to the club.

(Referring to my VERY minority opinions of TAS-M in the Spidey boards)

Maybe in the Spidey boards but everywhere else in sure there are others. You're not as alone as you think. Of course I think the unfavorable reviews are still the minority but not by a large margin

I know I'm not alone, hence why I mentioned only the Spidey boards, lol.

Last edited:
I love TDKR and this seems very one-sided. I think Iron-Man 3 will give it a run for its money, judging by the latest trailer.

Oh I have little doubt of that.

Because it's supposed to supplant Supes 3&4 as the TRUE sequel to Supes2. Yeah, I know, dumb idea. Singer seems to think you can retcon bad movies out of existence.

Because it's supposed to supplant Supes 3&4 as the TRUE sequel to Supes2. Yeah, I know, dumb idea.

lulz, well then. I'll just refuse to rate it in this thread. haha

TDKR - 8/10
BF - 4/10
X3 - 3.5/10
Spidey 3 - 3.5/10
Supes 3 - 2/10

Will be interesting to see how IM3 turns out. Hopefully it is a big improvement over the mediocre IM2 (5/10). Loved IM1 (8/10).

I love TDKR and this seems very one-sided. I think Iron-Man 3 will give it a run for its money, judging by the latest trailer.

I don't want to get too excited for IM3 because it could blow up in our faces, but I have some hope. It could give TDKR a run for its money, but I don't think it would be a film that could beat TDKR. If anything, it could be a good second 3rd installment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"