Rogue One Rate the first Rogue One teaser trailer!

I'll go with 4 out of 5, just because it wasn't perfect.

Still really good though.

:R2:

The only thing that would've made it better is making it longer!

5/5

I'm all hot and bothered.

I went from not following this movie at all to it being one of my most anticipated of the year. Excellent teaser.

3 its just okay for me. Like the cinematography looks good but I didn't get excited or become very curious watching it.

There was some interesting imagery and nice shots, but the little acting I saw out of Felicity Jones in this trailer doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Her line delivery I found to be very cheesey. Hopefully that's just the result of weird cuts for the trailer and she's better in the full movie.

I know I'll get hate for this, but **** it. I also find it kind of weird that Disney went with another white, brunette, British girl for the main character. They certainly seem to have a type in mind for these movies.

5/5

I'm all hot and bothered.

I went from not following this movie at all to it being one of my most anticipated of the year. Excellent teaser.

This exactly--I hadn't really thought about this one, but now I can't wait, which is exactly what a trailer is supposed to do.

I thought the trailer was ok. For some reason, it didn't feel like the same SW universe. Not an alien specie in sight. It's peaked my interest though……

I'll give it a 4. Looks really interesting. It got me excited.

I'm with jmc in saying that the trailer was fine but I fail to see the necessity for this film. I've never been interested in the Death Star stealing plans. Also Felicity Jones' acting (though very brief and without context) is rather flat and stilted. I like the aesthetic of the film to a degree and the cinematography but we'll wait and see.

4, Good with a capital G

I didn't go ape**** over it like the TFA trailers, but it was still pretty good.

I'm with jmc in saying that the trailer was fine but I fail to see the necessity for this film. I've never been interested in the Death Star stealing plans. Also Felicity Jones' acting (though very brief and without context) is rather flat and stilted. I like the aesthetic of the film to a degree and the cinematography but we'll wait and see.

You can say that about every sequel continuing comic etc. A good story is a good story.

It was ok.

I'm still excited for the movie but I wasn't really moved by the trailer. It does seem like a very "cool" movie which isn't bad at all

It's right up there with Civil Wars first trailer. Perfection.

Rating the teaser trailer, not the movie:
9 out of 10

It hits my checklist for trailers - It sets the story up and introduces you to a character or characters and shows some exciting moment or moments. Nothing really stupid/bothersome within it. That's always a plus. Mon Mothma looks and sounds good. Forest Whitaker's character is intriguing. And Jyn Erso, played by Felicity Jones, has a rap sheet and a chip on the shoulder and that comes across well enough in the seconds of performance we get to see.

The only character that interested me was whoever Donnie Yen is playing. Felicity Jones just can't look tough. Or they didn't really try, could be either. I guess it's a good thing to not get attached because I plan on rooting for Vader anyway.

I'm putting it as a 4. It can never live up to the TFA trailers, just for nostalgia's sake, but it looks great. t didn't exactly click at first with me, not that I hated it, but after a few watches I'm pretty into it.

I thought Whitaker's voice-over was a little flat, but otherwise a 4.5 out 5. I'm pumped. :-)

4. Way better then the first TFA teaser but not as good as the following two. Once we get dat Vader tease though...

4/5. Didn't blow me away but definitely was great and made me wanna see more.

It was great for a teaser trailer, It was never going to be a hype teaser like the TFA's because this film is different. The next trailer will likely have a lot of hype with bigger character moments and more money shots.

This teaser is better than TFA's teaser because it's closer to release time so more VFX work could be shown and they know it's a harder sell not being an episode (no Harrison Ford in the movie) so it doesn't hold back as much as the TFA teaser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"