Reasons why i think Topher Grace is not Venom (clues say everything and its long)

WishIWasASnake said:
I don't think personally I ever want to see Chamelon in a movie. Never a big fan of him from the comics or the animated series. I'm not sold on Topher as Eddie either, not because I don't think he has the ability to, but just because I don't think that's a direction Sam is ready to go with as of yet. I'd like Topher to be Ned Leeds, but I think another Goblin character may be viewed as over kill. I think the average audience can see Harry being GG2 because of his dad, I think they'll accept that. With a Hobgloblin, theyll just see...more goblins. Personally I like Mysterio. But wouldn't mind maybe a nice opening with Spidey doing battle with a Mysterio helmed by Bruce Campbell. That's just me. Anyone else also find it a little to convieant we got a pic of Church as Sandy so soon? I'm probably just paranoid but that struck something awkward with me. Oh well the wait continues.

Agreed we all have different views i still think Chameleons cool and Grace IMO fits Chameleon. I'm just not buying him as Brock/Venom. Well said Raimi i believe isn't ready either. He sticks with the classic villains. Chameleon was Spideys. Like said before the first villain in what could be the last Spider-man movie for Raimi and crew makes perfect sense. Harry as GG2 i want but not in this movie maybe in later sequels. Mysterio is awesome and Grace could be him to i see it happening but Chameleon is my favorite pick. We see eye to eye man i thought the exact same thing! If i remember they always reveal villains when principal phtography starts so i thought that would be in Jan. when filming begins. But then i checked back it started on Nov. 5 so it makes sense but i'll always be bothered my the fact that it was to early. Maybe something it up but that's just me.

I think he can look forward to seeing who Grace is in a few weeks. :up: :spidey:

Superman \S/ said:
Awesome point. Raimi has tricked us and i think the Dunst interview says it to. I think they are trying to get us hyped trying to get us confused......Grace is Chameleon and i wait to be proven wrong till confirmation! But that's my opinion. So like DC said we'll just have to wait and see.
Okay we get it. You think Grace is Chameleon. You don't have to say it every frickin post. We got it.

And when Kirsten stated that in the interview, they were both being considered/in the script at the time and were later dropped.

Toren said:
Okay we get it. You think Grace is Chameleon. You don't have to say it every frickin post. We got it.

And when Kirsten stated that in the interview, they were both being considered/in the script at the time and were later dropped.

Ok sorry bout that sorry i repeat it every post if it bothers.

What did you mean later dropped? I don't remember hearing that. :confused:

I'm sticking with Ned Leeds. But whatever works.

IF Topher ends up being Chamleon...then I'll cry out "FOUL". I'm sorry, I don't find the charcter interesting at all. Wow...he can morph into other people...hahah...Yeah........amazing......NO!

If Topher ends up being Electro, then I'll be cool with that.

If Topher ends up being Venom, then I'm hyped up :)

I agree totally. There's a danger that if Chameleon is used he'll mimic Spidey and have his abilities but Raimi won't explain how the hell he does it leaving us shouting "nooooooooooooo" at the screen all the way through the movie. He would probably move exactly the same then be found to be using 'suction cups' like in the toons and yet it won't pull off right on screen. We'd all just vomit and walk out right?

Superman \S/ said:
Agreed we all have different views i still think Chameleons cool and Grace IMO fits Chameleon. I'm just not buying him as Brock/Venom. Well said Raimi i believe isn't ready either. He sticks with the classic villains. Chameleon was Spideys. Like said before the first villain in what could be the last Spider-man movie for Raimi and crew makes perfect sense. Harry as GG2 i want but not in this movie maybe in later sequels. Mysterio is awesome and Grace could be him to i see it happening but Chameleon is my favorite pick. We see eye to eye man i thought the exact same thing! If i remember they always reveal villains when principal phtography starts so i thought that would be in Jan. when filming begins. But then i checked back it started on Nov. 5 so it makes sense but i'll always be bothered my the fact that it was to early. Maybe something it up but that's just me.

I think he can look forward to seeing who Grace is in a few weeks. :up: :spidey:

I am throughly in the "for the love of god no Venom in SM3" camp....but I also consider myself a realist. Here's some points to ponder

1/ Kirsten has annouinced Topher to be Venom
2/ Raimi, Arad and Sony have neither denied nor confirmed
3/ Absense of denial is perceived as confirmation (Check the myriad of sites stating Topher as Venom as fact)
4/ Sony, Raimi and Arad have to be aware of this.

Likely solutions in order of what is most reasonable in my opinion

1a/ Raimi, Arad and Sony have no intention of bait and switching arguably the most iconic Spidey supervillain left in Venom ...however, Kirsten was wrong and instead of Venom, we're getting Brock for the entire movie with Venom showing up at the very end.
( 46% Chance )

1b/ Raimi, Arad and Sony have no intention of bait and switching arguably the most iconic Spidey supervillain left in Venom and are merely saying nothing to keep up the suspense in the face of Kirsten blowing it again.
( 34% Chance )

2/ Raimi, Arad and Sony are actually playing a bait and switch with the beloved Venom character but are playing it towards what they believe will be an even greater spectacle....the emergence of the Sinister 6 in Spiderman 4....Topher will likely play Electro
( 18% Chance )

3/ Raimi, Arad and Sony are complete idiots and are bait and switching the beloved Venom character with a lessor know Spidey adversary with powers that really do not lend much to the spectacle that could be SM3....a morpher?...C'mon.!!....I think Venom and Spidey fans, on average, will be pissed if it's Electro instead of Venom....I think they'll assasinate someone if it's Chameleon.
( 2% Chance )

As always...just my opinion.....

WhatIfTales said:
I am throughly in the "for the love of god no Venom in SM3" camp....but I also consider myself a realist. Here's some points to ponder

3/ Absense of denial is perceived as confirmation (Check the myriad of sites stating Topher as Venom as fact)

1a/ Raimi, Arad and Sony have no intention of bait and switching arguably the most iconic Spidey supervillain left in Venom ...however, Kirsten was wrong and instead of Venom, we're getting Brock for the entire movie with Venom showing up at the very end.
( 46% Chance )

1b/ Raimi, Arad and Sony have no intention of bait and switching arguably the most iconic Spidey supervillain left in Venom and are merely saying nothing to keep up the suspense in the face of Kirsten blowing it again.
( 34% Chance )

2/ Raimi, Arad and Sony are actually playing a bait and switch with the beloved Venom character but are playing it towards what they believe will be an even greater spectacle....the emergence of the Sinister 6 in Spiderman 4....Topher will likely play Electro
( 18% Chance )

3/ Raimi, Arad and Sony are complete idiots and are bait and switching the beloved Venom character with a lessor know Spidey adversary with powers that really do not lend much to the spectacle that could be SM3....a morpher?...C'mon.!!....I think Venom and Spidey fans, on average, will be pissed if it's Electro instead of Venom....I think they'll assasinate someone if it's Chameleon.
( 2% Chance )

I'd say switch 1a and 1b... I think it's far more likely that they're saying nothing figuring that none of the fans will listen to Kirsten anymore after the whole lack-of-Lizard in SM2.

WhatIfTales said:

( 46% Chance )

( 34% Chance )

( 18% Chance )

( 2% Chance )

LOL. Good post, and agree with the gist of the post, mainly just wanted to say I found the percentages LOL... 46%??? not 50 or 40%... but 46%? :D

Now that's a man who has given this perhaps... a little too much thought. ;)

AND... I DEFINITELY agree with the "gonna assasinate" someone if Chameleon shows up. :up:

TheSlag said:
LOL. Good post, and agree with the gist of the post, mainly just wanted to say I found the percentages LOL... 46%??? not 50 or 40%... but 46%? :D

Now that's a man who has given this perhaps... a little too much thought. ;)

AND... I DEFINITELY agree with the "gonna assasinate" someone if Chameleon shows up. :up:

[homer] Oh People can come up with statistics to prove anything Slag. 14% of people know that [/Homer]
:)

WhatIfTales said:

I do not know if you were here last time around, but we had many people using this exact same reasoning as "proof" Venom and Lizard both would be in 2. Whether or not absence of denial is perceived as confirmation HAS NO BEARING ON REALITY. If it did, we would have seen Lizard and Venom in 2.

As a for-instance, just speaking hypothetically: George W. Bush absolutely believed Iraq was stockpiling WMDs. He went to war over it, killing thousands of US soldiers so far and committing trillions of dollars to prove himself right. Yep, he thought WMDs were thick on the ground in Iraq.

Did his strong belief in fact cause WMDs to be found? Whether you love or hate Dubya, nope it didn't bring any WMDs to light. [this is just an analogy, not intended to break out into political argument.]

So, will websites proclaiming Gopher to be Brock be right? We have no evidence this is so as of yet.

1a/ Raimi, Arad and Sony have no intention of bait and switching arguably the most iconic Spidey supervillain left in Venom ...however, Kirsten was wrong and instead of Venom, we're getting Brock for the entire movie with Venom showing up at the very end. ( 46% Chance )

Raimi and co. do not like bait and switch? Hah. Then where is the Lizard...?

I'm not sure where you're getting your percentages from, but that aside I think it's a mistake to believe for a second that this bunch has our finer feelings in mind, or to think they can't possibly use this Venom thing to generate hype for the film while having no intention whatever of having him appear. They have few scruples in that regard, I'd be willing to bet. They certainly did nothing to scotch the Venom rumors last time out.

Symbiotica said:
Raimi and co. do not like bait and switch? Hah. Then where is the Lizard...?

I'm not sure where you're getting your percentages from, but that aside I think it's a mistake to believe for a second that this bunch has our finer feelings in mind, or to think they can't possibly use this Venom thing to generate hype for the film while having no intention whatever of having him appear. They have few scruples in that regard, I'd be willing to bet. They certainly did nothing to scotch the Venom rumors last time out.

I pulled the %'s out of my a$$ essentially loosely based on my opinion we're twice as likely to see Topher playing Venom as opposed to Electro.....and significantly more likely that it'll be only Eddie in SM3 (only an opinion)...and not to piss off the Lizard fans around here, but I think Baiting and switching for Lizard may be a bit more acceptable (risk wise) than bait and switching in the case of what many perceive as a flagship villain like Venom!....My opinion...nothing else...

I remember the hype offline around both SM2 and now SM3...(no my memory doesn't make for a strong scientific sample)....I don't recall anyone "assuming" Lizard was in SM 2.....I can't convince anyone that Venom in 3 isn't a foregone conclusion......these guys are setting themselves up to piss an awful lot of people off if Venom doesn't show

Plus Connors actually did show up in SM2 hence my belief that Topher showing up as Brock and not Venom has some spidey movie precedent...

Once again...not what I want...what I think will happen

In my opion, Chamelion has always been a lame rip off of Mysterio, even if they had appeared at different times, they are really only a issue apart, but whatever.

I don't really think hair and Height matter to much, but age, I can get that, even in ultimate I saw that Brock as a older brother to Peter rather than the younger brat.

But being me I would have agreed anyway,

TheRiddlerkid said:
In my opion, Chamelion has always been a lame rip off of Mysterio, even if they had appeared at different times, they are really only a issue apart, but whatever.

I don't really think hair and Height matter to much, but age, I can get that, even in ultimate I saw that Brock as a older brother to Peter rather than the younger brat.

But being me I would have agreed anyway,

You do know that Chameleon first appeared in Amazing Spider-Man#1 and Mysterio in issue #13,hardly an issue apart from each other and a rip off.

Chameleon is not a rip off of Mysterio in any way. Chameleon is not an illusionist.
However it seems like the morhping thing has been way overused in comics, television, and movies.

CrimeMaster! said:
You do know that Chameleon first appeared in Amazing Spider-Man#1 and Mysterio in issue #13,hardly an issue apart from each other and a rip off.

Did you know that Mysterio disguised himself as an alien in Issue 2? and that does come after 1 I believe.

TheRiddlerkid said:
Did you know that Mysterio disguised himself as an alien in Issue 2? and that does come after 1 I believe.

That revelation wasn't revealed till Spectacular Spider-Man #51 1981 that Mysterio/Beck was apart of Tinkerer's fake green aliens gang.

Mysterio 1st appearence still stands as Amazing #13,Chameleon still pre dates him by 12 issues.

Maybe Im missing something but I just don't see Chameleon as a rip off of Mysterio.From stuff I read Ditko prefered villains that used deception and illustions in their criminal acts.

Also the angle of a villain dressing up as Spider-Man to discredit him was used with Chameleon first.

what is the evidence for him being Venom. I'm not a zealot either way, Venom could work, could not. But:

*his hair dyed
-not necessarily meaning Venom,m electro, vulture and chameleon fit.

*spy reports of Venom sculptures on AICN
-pretty conclusive if true, could be merely black spidey suit

*venom bing the anti parker
-casting fits for that

*topher being Eddie Brock
-casting doesn't really fit

*supposed venom suit being purple
-points to venom, or maybe a reinvented electro

One simple reason why I believe that Topher won't be Venom.......

kd02.jpg

....because she said so.

CrimeMaster! said:
That revelation wasn't revealed till Spectacular Spider-Man #51 1981 that Mysterio/Beck was apart of Tinkerer's fake green aliens gang.

Mysterio 1st appearence still stands as Amazing #13,Chameleon still pre dates him by 12 issues.

Maybe Im missing something but I just don't see Chameleon as a rip off of Mysterio.From stuff I read Ditko prefered villains that used deception and illustions in their criminal acts.

I like to think that Beck and Mysterio are the same thing, I mean the alien thing should have not happened as it was really never resolved in the early issues of Spider-Man. But Beck is still Mysterio and I would rather have Beck than Mysterio.

Both can pretend to be Spider-Man, but would you rather be the guy who can change his appearance or the guy who can change his appearance, fight, creat ilusions, hypnotize you and other things?

hence I think he is a rip off, well to modern times anyway. Chamelion is more of a Minor Villain now adays where as Mysterio (at it's pivitole) was a force to be reconed with. I'll give props to Chamelion for doing what he does, but what Mysterio can do, goes farthar than that of what the Chamelion can go to.

I will admit he is a character and he has a different story and everyhting, but Mysterio has that "whatever you can do, I can do better" thing against him.

better story is debatable.

Venom'sDad said:
One simple reason why I believe that Topher won't be Venom.......

....because she said so.
She also said that Church is playing Sandman. Nah, she can't be right about that, now can she? :O

Woot Tee Doo.... a 90 year old lady and a new born infant, along with half the civilize world, knew that THC was Sandman. What, you want to give her a gold medal.... be my guest..... but if you want to play blind man, than you go walk with the shepard, cause me.... my eyes is wide fu<%!ng open. Everyone that is involved with this movie is afraid to piss on a picture of the villains, yet alone just nod yes, if you went through a list of possible candidates. Oh Lord Behold, she comes out and say "blah blah blah", than say "oops... I wasn't suppose to say that".... as if she realize she has just made a major mistake in revealing the villains, against Sony & Marvel's will, against a sign affidavit, not under any circumstances, is she to reveal who the villains are in SM3, with no legal authority to do such....... yet comes back 3 days later and blatantly, with no trepidation whats so ever, reveal the villains again... laughing like it's a joke, to MTV...... and I'm suppose to whole heartedly believe her. JFC give me a break.

I think I have "Made the Case" for Venom..... and it's for damn certain has nothing to do with Kirsten Dunst.

Damn, now I'm really hoping that Topher Grace will officially be announced as Eddie Brock. It's just something that needs to happen, I love a good angry crowd, it's gonna be my own personally Christmas gift to myself. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"