Gotham Robin Taylor Lord is Oswald Cobblepot

My favorite character. His performance has been fantastic.

He's the breakout star of the show for sure. Even my mother loves him.

It'll be interesting to see how they explain his weight gain. Really the only issue with him, and it isn't Taylor's fault, is that bringing up the "Penguin" moniker already feels a little forced, at least imo. That's a title that should come about after he gets fat.

Well the Penguin moniker comes from his nose and walk, not his weight. Penguin is not usually a name given to fat people.

I suspect that once Cobblepot is placed in some kind of position of power and wealth, they'll show him indulging in excess, which will include food, and perhaps someone commenting that, if he's not careful, he's gonna get fat.

I love how Penguin grovels to anyone who's more powerful than he is and lords it over anyone unfortunate enough to be weaker than himself. Normally that would make for an odious character but Taylor has enough charisma to make it an amusing trait.

Well the Penguin moniker comes from his nose and walk, not his weight. Penguin is not usually a name given to fat people.

And his choice of wardrobe. Tuxedos have long been associated with penguins.

And his choice of wardrobe. Tuxedos have long been associated with penguins.

That too. I remember as a child in the comics he used to often wear little mini tuxes.

Last edited:
I really can't stand penguins mum. I find any scene with her so hard to watch. Worst character on the show for me. Anyone else having this problem?

I really like her. Carol Kane has a knack for playing kooky kind of characters, and I totally buy her as Penguin's mother.

I really can't stand penguins mum. I find any scene with her so hard to watch. Worst character on the show for me. Anyone else having this problem?

Yes. The scene with her in the club was painful. I was like "shut up and get out of here already."

Still not as bad as Barbara though. At least Penguin's Mom has some kind of understandable purpose in the story.

Fish is still my least fav character on the show.

I kind of feel sorry for old Mama Pengy. :(

I like Pengy's mum. You can totally imagine how she played a role in making him such an emotionally unstable freak.

Quite.

Not to mention, Taylor's Cobblepot's physique isn't that far off from Tom Mankiewicz's description of our fine feathered fiend from his 1983 script treatment

^ nice, but the chin needs to be more angular, complimenting the angular nose.

Here, I've made the necessary changes..

WTWU0IL.jpg

*in my George C. Scott voice* Adams, you magnificient bastard. I saw your SKETCH!!

I was surprised to learn RTL is 36! I thought the guy was like 10 years younger! :wow:

One of the show's best characters. I could however use less of his mother.

tumblr_nei7i1pgOR1rnh79bo1_500.gif

They gotta get him back to this hairstyle. He just looks like goddamn mess at this point.

One of the show's best characters. I could however use less of his mother.

I have no problem with her, I think she's important in showing one possible reason why Penguin's like he is. I do think that they may off her at some point, just to assure that Penguin really goes over the edge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"