Gotham Season 1, Episode 2 "Selina Kyle" General Discussion

Discussion in 'Gotham' started by Sawyer, Sep 15, 2014.

1. NoLaNitE007 Do u Bleed? Do ya Punk?

2. Kahran Ramsus Super Moderator

I hope we see a lot more of Falcone. He's stolen the two scenes he's been in.

3. Lilbaz Registered

Still don't get it. When I was a kid, I was climbing up a wall. My mum saw me and shouted "if you fall off and break your legs, don't come running to me crying".
    Inevitably I fell off and grazed my knee. My mother came over to see I was alright. Saw that i had only grazed my knee. So she smacked me round the head.

Listen to these lot, for more typical stories:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo

4. HighFivingMF Welp.

I don't know if that's tough love or whatever... Not running when your legs are broken is pretty solid advice. :o

5. godisawesome Registered

I'm kind of hoping they'll reveal the reason Bruce doesn't want to see any psychiatrist is because he knows that people like Strange and Crane are far more common in Gotham than any actual mental health professionals.

Then maybe Leslie Thompkins can be his psychiatrist or something.

6. Visceral A Shadow

love the show so far, its hard because i was burnt by smallville. so i'm skeptical. that said, the batman mythos is so extesive there's like 20 shows inside the comics. and gordon might be a character i love more than even batman.

The part the episode really won me over...bruce listening to heavy metal. how do you not love that.

selina already being a ***** tho...not cool. let her learn from someone else. she is a child just not automatically strong that s ridiculous.

7. L.A. Registered

Alfred told Gordon that Thomas Wayne gave him specific instructions on how to raise Bruce in his absence. But the Waynes were dead on the scene. So is the show hinting that Thomas Wayne knew he was gonna be killed?

8. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

That's one way of looking at it.

But you have to remember that many wealthy people make wills very early in life, and just routinely update them, especially when they have kids and have so much money at stake.

9. kedrell Fork&SpoonOperator

I'm still not loving this series yet but at least this episode was an improvement over the pilot. They didn't introduce any new future supervillains and that was a relief. The girl they got for Selina is decent although I'm hoping the writing starts diverging from the obvious 'Gotham is corrupt, blah, blah, blah' and where we are headed(Batman) is plotted out in all too straight and uninspired a line. We all want them to get there of course but I thought the whole idea of this show was to get there in a way that was previously unexplored and new as well as interesting.

10. Jesse Old Curmudgeon

Didn't like the second episode as much as the pilot. I felt it highlighted a lot of the shows flaws; bad dialogue and overly dramatic acting in some scenes. I like the more campy fun versions of Batman and I feel The Dollmaker's underlings (Lili Taylor and Frank Whaley) gave off that vibe. I like Sean Pertwee but I'm not really feelin' him as Alfred. Robin Lord Taylor is pretty good as The Penguin though. I kind of like that teenage Bruce was listening to heavy metal and drawing.

11. Kathemy It could happen to you

12. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I definitely prefer this to Smallville.

13. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I find it quite interesting seeing him at this stage of his life instead.