The Dark Knight Robin Williams as The Penquin

Majik1387 said:
I like Williams better for Penguin than Riddler though I think he's great for both roles. I just see Riddler as a younger character.

That is the only downside i see for Williams, his Age. Which would make him fit the better part of the Ventriloquist/Scarface. I dont mean to contradict myself - just rambling thoughts on a tangent.

FaT_tONle said:
Hell no... why are we still debating about this... if they can't get Hoffman you take Spall... Penguin is British... let's not go crazy here... its an extended cameo
Timothy Spall...hmm, interesting.

MagicPrime said:
That is the only downside i see for Williams, his Age. Which would make him fit the better part of the Ventriloquist/Scarface. I dont mean to contradict myself - just rambling thoughts on a tangent.
Bingo. :up:

thats ok......

but i always hated the penguin

But seriously folks, do you really want to see the Penguin anywhere near another Batman film?

thinkwithyourhead1np.jpg

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] This one might not be readily apparent, so I went and prepared a visual aid to help people see what's wrong with this cover.

cropped.jpg

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Vomit bags are located under your seats...[/FONT]

That's kind of a copout to use Silver-Age comics as a refrence picture for Nolan's films. ;-P

i'll be so pissed if i have to put up with Robin Williams' antics in a fantastic movie like Batman. can you imagine him going all "genie" from Aladdin in the role. blah!

Wow, I think Robin Williams would be a PERFECT Riddler now. Seriously. If he were SERIOUS, like he was in One Hour Photo and Insomnia, he'd be a perfect Riddler.

ROBIN WILLIAMS FOR THE RIDDLER.

Robin Williams is a very good actor, but not the right Man for the Role of The Penquin.

Robin Williams is a great actor, but too freakin' old for Penguin or Riddler.

I could definitely see Williams as The Penguin. He already has the pointy nose and chubby build, all he needs is the proper attire. I'd prefer Hoffman, but I would not be disappointed if Williams got Cobblepot.

Batman2008 said:
Robin Williams is a great actor, but too freakin' old for Penguin or Riddler.

Maybe Riddler, but I don't recall The Penguin ever being portrayed as noticably young man. He, along witht he other mob bosses, always struck me as one of the older rogues.

I heard phillip seymour hofffman was up for the role as the penguin but i also read somewhere that that the penguin was to only get a cameo apperance.

MagicPrime said:
That's kind of a copout to use Silver-Age comics as a refrence picture for Nolan's films. ;-P

Exactly! LOL....

Zilleraut #66 said:
I'm sticking with Ian McShane from Deadwood.

Yup! Thats my sleeper choice as well for Cobblepot/Penguin. Ian McShane from Deadwood! He would rule!

Dark Knight said:
Yup! Thats my sleeper choice as well for Cobblepot/Penguin. Ian McShane from Deadwood! He would rule!
Darn tootin!!! Check out Sexy Beast. The guy would be awesome.

I prefer my Peguin to be ADHD less...

I like Williams though :p

Spidey_Zombie said:
But seriously folks, do you really want to see the Penguin anywhere near another Batman film?

thinkwithyourhead1np.jpg

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This one might not be readily apparent, so I went and prepared a visual aid to help people see what's wrong with this cover.

cropped.jpg

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Vomit bags are located under your seats...[/FONT]

I wouldn't mind seeing him again and there's ways to make him less campy/creepy like he was in "Batman Returns."

Exclude:

-The eating dead fish

-The underground sewer layer.

-The being surrounded by penguins and ex-circus performers.

Include:

-Him being a legitimate businessman but have it where he is a man who can't escape his unslightly features. Keep that he has a long, pointy bird-like nose, and webbed-hands and make him snarl, slur, and drool alot and waddle, but don't make it too campy. Make Penguin into a force you wouldn't want to mess with and make it like if someone were to question his motives or make fun of his appearance he'd shoot them pointblank with his umbrella.

cofi said:
Hi guys sorry for stating a new thread, but I couldn't find the old one. There had been some rumours about Robin Williams starring in the movie as he Joker. But I see him more as the Penquin.

I want to see new villains. The Penguin was done to perfection in BR.

CapBeerCino said:
I want to see new villains. The Penguin was done to perfection in BR.

No, Penguin was nothing like comics in BR.

Two Face said:
No, Penguin was nothing like comics in BR.

I love what Burton did with him, so I don't want to see a reboot. Let other characters shine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"