Rotten Tomatoes/Critical Reception Thread

@The Batman I'm not going to continue to drag down the thread but I wanted to answer your last question. The whole point of my post was to say we all do it and that no fanbase is immune.

I am sorry my takes somehow offended you but I'm not here to fight just discuss the films. I respect your opinions.

Now back to critical ratings! Sorry everyone!

The Batman currently shares the same critics score and audience score as fellow Batman reboot Batman Begins released seventeen years ago:

FM-kj1aVcAEbt_m

FM-kjzYUUAQlrJg

Things like this really make me want to believe in astrology.

th_biggrin.gif

Last edited:
Look I don't mind a "rotten" review but good god - some of the reviews I've seen come across as head scratchers.

--

"When Christopher Nolan was directing the Dark Knight trilogy, he tore into the Batman mythos with fervor, whereas Reeves just seems to be lackadaisically marinating in misery."

"Again, so much of this is about shock value rather than anything actually scary, since The Batman is handcuffed by its family-friendly PG rating, the result being something like a Saw movie made for Disney+."

I wouldn't say those are head-scratchers. I don't fully agree, but I understand some of those arguments.

21 straight fresh reviews and 5 of them are top critics. Just one negative review will kick it back down lol

How does RT scoring system works?

this guy gave the movie 83/100 and it’s rotten? Lol

76B8EE3E-610B-4996-9A1D-F24646195D62.png

Megan Basham posted 2 rotten critics for the same Daily wire ?! how is that possible ...

How does RT scoring system works?

this guy gave the movie 83/100 and it’s rotten? Lol

View attachment 53706
As a proud nitpicker :toth, I appreciate your pointing out individual critic scores that are problematic. Another familiar example: a 3/5 rating which is registered as “fresh” for one critic and “rotten” for another. Or: a C+ grade (which in many schools corresponds to ~75-79%) registered as “rotten." But defenders of the RT system would argue that these fringe cases don’t have much effect on the overall score. And the larger the sample size (more reviews), the more insignificant these outliers become.

In my view, the overall RT rating is moderately useful in that it’s easy, at a glance, to place movies into broad categories: earned good, mixed or poor reviews. But it’s dubious to fret over the difference between (say) a 59% and a 60%. Clearly, we’re in fair-to-middling territory — notwithstanding that the former is the dreaded “rotten” and the latter is the coveted “fresh.” Likewise for the boundary between plain old “fresh” and “Certified Fresh®.”

So if it matters a lot to you that The Batman get mostly good reviews then… rest easy. That happened. :cwink:

Last edited:
Looks like it's "stuck" at 85% Fresh now. Audience rating has dropped to 91%.

Interesting, the Top Critics score has rebounded quite a bit. That is very impressive.

Not bad at all. It's actually quite good considering the film being so opposite of what people expect from these types of films. Love that DC actually gives at least a singular **** about variety within this genre.

Not bad at all. It's actually quite good considering the film being so opposite of what people expect from these types of films. Love that DC actually gives at least a singular **** about variety within this genre.
I love that we’ve had so many different types of Batman films now that all appeal for different reasons. I do want to get a more fantastical version one day too and if DC continue to experiment like this I think it will happen at some point. For now I’m happy to see whatever Reeves has to deliver for hopefully the next decade+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"