Batwoman Ruby Rose WAS Kate Kane/Batwoman

I do wish that she has the red gloves and boots from the comics. The pose was awkward and the cape looks weird. But I'm glad that they're keeping the wig and the mask itself looks decent.

batwoman_1stlook_v5_attachment.jpg

Hah!! I thought this was fan-art at first, because usually fan-art is so much better than the canon costumes! I like this!

The mask and the hair are symbolic Batwoman. The bat device on the chest looks great. Those alone get a 10. The rest of the suit lags a little behind at a 7 to 8.

I wish that was leather. I think the clothe look comes off as a little cheap/cheesy looking. She's a superhero, she should be in leather!
I will agree that I think she does need red gloves and boots, but I'm not going to die over that either.
The cape could be a little longer and lack the scalloped edges, but laying down flat I probably won't mind at all.

Altogether, I give the suit an 8 on the Pleasing Scale.:D

Awkward pose, but the costume looks decent to me.

haha, yeah, its like they forgot the fan that day so they were like "Ruby, just make it billow with your hands"

It looks like they wanted her to spread the cape wide so as to achieve a bat-shaped silhouette and then chose to release the one that captured her mid-extension.

They should've had her a similar pose to this
supergirl3b.jpg

But at least the promos can only get better from here...right?

like everything except her thighs... her thighs needs something, armor plating, her traditional thigh holster, soemthing...

That's iconic Supergirl/Man pose. I would rather they had her doing some poses from the BW comic. Although the problem with staged shots is that they often look staged.

That's why I said similar not an exact copy lol.
It couldve been this
dc-comics-batwoman-premium-format-figure-sideshow-300471-28.jpg

(which this is how her costume should've looked......)

Or this wouldve been a good pose
4E5935CD00000578-5963497-image-a-1_1531848048063.jpg

I don't hate it at all. Its a good start. Costumes are tweaked throughout a series run. If her show gets picked up outside of the crossover, it is probably safe to assume there will be a few modifications as the series progresses.

I don't hate it at all. Its a good start. Costumes are tweaked throughout a series run. If her show gets picked up outside of the crossover, it is probably safe to assume there will be a few modifications as the series progresses.
Definitely. It's far better than I dared hope. I'm actually pretty impressed.

Aye, I agree about the suit. I like what they have, but I guess because it may only be used in the crossover, they may have decided to hold back a bit on it?

Can still hope that when (if) they get a series green lit that they'll up the ante on the suit, as seeing this on screen would be awesome!
V V

That's why I said similar not an exact copy lol.
It couldve been this
dc-comics-batwoman-premium-format-figure-sideshow-300471-28.jpg

(which this is how her costume should've looked......)

Or this wouldve been a good pose

Her hair under the cowl looks absolutely ridiculous. Halloween costume bad.

I don't see this show lasting long. Maybe it can because of the crossover but just as a singlular character, the general audience probably won't give a damn about it

I honestly think the show will do well based on the fact it's a bat character, this character has a cult following in the LGBT community and that it's on CW

Her hair under the cowl looks absolutely ridiculous. Halloween costume bad.

Based on the one photo we have, Batwoman’s hair seems fine. Granted, it’s of a vibrant/unnatural hue. And it’s sticking out of a cowl (the practicality of which we might question.:cwink:) But this is a stylization and motif that’s been directly and accurately copied from the comics (apparently). Looks like hair to me. :shrug:

It's the front, it looks so unnatural. The artwork looks fine but that thing is out of control fake-looking lol

It's the front, it looks so unnatural. The artwork looks fine but that thing is out of control fake-looking lol
Fair enough. I find the original/comic book design of Batwoman’s cowl is somewhat odd to begin with. And I’m not convinced that real hair - sticking out from a hole in the top of a “helmet” :ebr: - would look any different or more natural. :cwink:

Batwoman's cowl doesn't look very good. It looks like a budget Halloween costume.

Batwoman's cowl doesn't look very good. It looks like a budget Halloween costume.

It think it looks okay. Seeing it up close, I wish they had gone with a cowl more like Batwoman's than Batman's, and makes me hope if this goes to series they'll touch it up. If a series doesn't go forward, then this is just a temporary costume. I would hope a full series suit would be more true to the comics.

It's not as great as Supergirl's, but not as bad as the Flash's.:oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"